Wayne Rooney ... dummy oot!

Armageddon

Armageddon

Sky reporting he's asked to leave, Utd saying he's not for sale.

Obviously greetin about Moyes coming in ... SUPERB :)

Sky reporting he's asked to leave, Utd saying he's not for sale.

Obviously greetin about Moyes coming in ... SUPERB :)

And yet he apparently asked to leave weeks ago, before the news about old red nose broke...

Rumor is that Bayern want him. Would be great for the Bundesliga's profile!

(from BBC rumors or twitter i think.)

Caspian Primrose

Yeah right.

SAF was gonna punt him anyway. sick of his boozing, breaking rules, doing a Ricky Hatton in the close season and he never forgave him for holding the the club to ransom. he's not the player he used to be. RVP has came in and shown him what its all about. he needs a fresh start at a new club where he plays in the same position week in week out. maybe then he will return to his old self.

Son Of Anarchy

He made up with Moyes after the spat and asked to leave weeks before the news about sir alex.heard chelsea want him.

Brisbane_Jambo

Very good player, but been in decline the couple of years. Possibly seen the best of him already? Wouldn't grumble if Chelsea signed him though.

I would get rid of him and bring someone in that's more professional, he's only using 75% of his talent as his attitude doesn't appear to be very good.

Craig Herbertson

Think he wouldn't last long at a German club. Attitude not professional enough

Ryan Jarman

Can't see a move to Germany working for him, if he's going anywhere I think it'll be PSG.

The bigger question is who would United bring in??

kingantti1874

Apparently asked to leave 6 weeks ago and going to Chelsea for ?25m, but CR7 almost done to go back to mufc

Ibrahim Tall

Bayern would make or break him, they wouldn't put up with half the shit United have in regards of his attitude and off the pitch problems so he'd either have to fix them or flop and return to England with his tail between his legs by January.

Could see it being the latter tbh, mainly because I couldn't see him or his chav wife ever learning German.

United should punt him and go for Lewandowski.

Changed days if FC Hollywood would avoid signing a player because of an apparent attitude problem...

Bayern would make or break him, they wouldn't put up with half the shit United have in regards of his attitude and off the pitch problems so he'd either have to fix them or flop and return to England with his tail between his legs by January.

Could see it being the latter tbh, mainly because I couldn't see him or his chav wife ever learning German.

I'd be surprised if they bothered to learn German. After all, they didn't exactly try very hard with their English either, did they?

fabienleclerq

One thing I always liked about Fergi is that he wasn't afraid to ditch big players, no ones bigger than the club. Rooney is a quality player but I'm not sure his best position which probably makes him easier to replace.

Mr Scruff

Rooney out and Ronaldo in would be a good move for United. He is a player in decline. Retired by 30 I would think.

The People's Chimp

It might be what he needs though. Stagnating a bit at united, a move abroad could work out well for him.

Vincent B.A

What is it that makes Rooney's attitude non professional? I'm not saying you're wrong or anythnig but just wasnt really aware of this issue.

I know he came back this season unfit but that is the only example I can think of. I think his link up play is really good and unselfish on the pitch, puts in a load of effort and has played in different positions/roles which he never seemed to complain about.

Does he not train well?

Alwaysinourshadows

Rooney is vastly overrated and is half the player he used to be. They should sell him and buy Ronaldo and lewandowski if possible

Prince Buaben

Punt Rooney and get Ronaldo in and Man Utd would be better off.

See all the chat about Ronaldo going back to Utd, I could see it with Ferguson in charge, Moyles? Not so much!

Armageddon

Ronald and RVP ... I think Carrick coming onto a game could be as good a situation.

I do think Rooney is past his best (which was sublime at one point), RVP has shown what being professional is all about.

Hagar the Horrible

Was Moyes at Everton when Rooney was there? was there any history that might worry Rooney remaining at Utd?????

mahgrassyshoes

I don't think it's that Rooney is past his best, but he's certainly playing well within himself and I'm not convinced he'll put the work in to get past that.

I think Man U won't have many problems replacing him at his current level.

Apparently Bayern Munich just offer him a deal - 200 GRANS a week :whistling: I'll get me coat !!

colinmaroon

I don't think it's that Rooney is past his best, but he's certainly playing well within himself and I'm not convinced he'll put the work in to get past that.

I think Man U won't have many problems replacing him at his current level.

Watching him play, he still produces the great pass, the odd great goal but, I think there's an obvious lack of, to use Fergie's word, "hunger".

I think there was a good chance that, if Fergie had stayed on, he would still have gone.

Ironically, he might be held to his contract with a new manager, unless Moyes would rather let him go. The last thing DM would want is any disruptive element in the dressing room.

Was Moyes at Everton when Rooney was there? was there any history that might worry Rooney remaining at Utd?????

Well Moyes sued him and won damages over comments in Rooney's autobiography.

Caspian Primrose

Well Moyes sued him and won damages over comments in Rooney's autobiography.

Rooney made a personal apology regarding this and theres no bad feeling between them now. still think he should punt him.

Maroon Sailor

Apparently Bayern Munich just offer him a deal - 200 GRANS a week :whistling: I'll get me coat !!

Not sure what Bayern players are on but he might have to take a Herr cut

I thought Rooney to PSG in the summer was as good as a done deal already

tartofmidlothian

United should punt him and go for Lewandowski.

That was my first thought.

tartofmidlothian

See all the chat about Ronaldo going back to Utd, I could see it with Ferguson in charge, Moyles? Not so much!

Fergie will be doing plenty of persuading behind the scenes.

Change of scene will do him good. Will lead the way for Ronaldo returning also. Good deal all round.

KillieMitch

Such a strange player to judge Rooney. Clearly not the player he was - but more goals in the Premiership this year than Aguero and Tevez...

Fergie will be doing plenty of persuading behind the scenes.

He might well be but behind the scenes or not they will be weaker with Moyes in charge and players including Ronaldo will consider that before moving to Man Utd!

SectionDJambo

Could be that Ferguson going affects the calibre of player that Manchester United can attract. Lewandowski, as an example, may feel more inclined to go to play for Guardiola, or stay with Klopp, than Moyes, should he get the job.

This attitude that they will just take Ronaldo, or whoever, may not be the case for a wee while until the big players see how things are working out.

This could be the start of a wee dip in fortunes for Manchester United in more ways than one. Anyone who thinks Fergie being upstairs is a good thing for the new manager is forgetting the Busby factor in the O'Farrell and McGuiness tenures, when he was moved "upstairs". It might be OK, but it just as easily might not.

tartofmidlothian

He might well be but behind the scenes or not they will be weaker with Moyes in charge and players including Ronaldo will consider that before moving to Man Utd!

You're not wrong.

rossthejambo

Such a strange player to judge Rooney. Clearly not the player he was - but more goals in the Premiership this year than Aguero and Tevez...

Aguero's been injured a fair chunk of the season in fairness.

Placid Casual

Could be that Ferguson going affects the calibre of player that Manchester United can attract. Lewandowski, as an example, may feel more inclined to go to play for Guardiola, or stay with Klopp, than Moyes, should he get the job.

This attitude that they will just take Ronaldo, or whoever, may not be the case for a wee while until the big players see how things are working out.

This could be the start of a wee dip in fortunes for Manchester United in more ways than one. Anyone who thinks Fergie being upstairs is a good thing for the new manager is forgetting the Busby factor in the O'Farrell and McGuiness tenures, when he was moved "upstairs". It might be OK, but it just as easily might not.

Good point but I think Fergie is very much aware of what happened then and will be careful not to make the same mistake.

I thought Rooney to PSG in the summer was as good as a done deal already

That's the kind of move he will make, can't see Bayern touching him

Placid Casual
That's the kind of move he will make, can't see Bayern touching him

Would love to be a fly on the wall when him and Coleen are learning French :dizzy2:

KillieMitch

Aguero's been injured a fair chunk of the season in fairness.

Ah true enough - I was forgetting that. Point remains - that's a lot of goals and he's scored a fair few important ones. Might be harder to replace those goals than people think. But I'd punt him and get someone else in. Even just playing Hernadez regularly would be nice.

Archived