Computer Problem

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Wondering if anyone can help.

My computer is fecked. Every half an hour or so it will switch itself off and I have to restart it again.

Now I've had a look at the back and there are a lot of open spaces. It seems like the fan is covered in dust, is this the problem or is it a virus on the computer?

The computers making a lot of noise which makes me think it might be the fan.

Is it possible to take the back off and clean it or would that destroy the whole thing?

maltese jambo

just take the side off and give it a good hoover (try not to touch the microchips and modules too much) but the fan you can touch as much as u like.

just take the side off and give it a good hoover (try not to touch the microchips and modules too much) but the fan you can touch as much as u like.

Does that sound like a reason as to why it keeps switching itself off?

Does that sound like a reason as to why it keeps switching itself off?

The CPU will be overheating so it shuts down when it reaches a certain temperature. The fan itself may be broke or has suggested it may just need a good clean. You can get compressed air cans from PC world/Maplin etc which will blow out all the dust. You can spray this directly onto the motherboard and fans.

The CPU will be overheating so it shuts down when it reaches a certain temperature. The fan itself may be broke or has suggested it may just need a good clean. You can get compressed air cans from PC world/Maplin etc which will blow out all the dust. You can spray this directly onto the motherboard and fans.

Do you still have to open up the back I take it? Not to confident doing all that bit if I have to I will.

How much are they cans?

Cheers for the help bud. :)

Miller Jambo 60
Do you still have to open up the back I take it? Not to confident doing all that bit if I have to I will.

How much are they cans?

Overheating bud.

How much are they cans?

Yep you still have to open it up, depending on the PC it can be as easy as taking to screws out and sliding the side off.

The cans cost about ?4 i think.

Even if the CPU fan is broke it is a simple enough job to swap them over.

cosanostra

Go look in your maw's kitchen cupboards for a pastry brush.

They are great for cleaning electronic stuff.

Wondering if anyone can help.

My computer is fecked. Every half an hour or so it will switch itself off and I have to restart it again.

Now I've had a look at the back and there are a lot of open spaces. It seems like the fan is covered in dust, is this the problem or is it a virus on the computer?

The computers making a lot of noise which makes me think it might be the fan.

Is it possible to take the back off and clean it or would that destroy the whole thing?

It could be, as has been said, it's shutting down due to overheating. It could also be a virus. There was a virus on the go called Sasser which would shutdown PC's randomly. You could always try running an online scan at TrendMicro or run SPYbot to double check it.

Archived