"Be careful what you wish for".

Stu Dapples

Stu Dapples

A friend of mine who lives in London is a Rangers supporter. He's a really nice bloke, no really, but he obviously made some bad decisions when he was younger. At least he doesn't go to games anymore.

I don't speak to him too regularly, but when I have I've been ripping the pee out of him about liquidation, The Rangers, Sevco etc and his usual response has always been a measured, "Be careful what you wish for".

As recently as a couple of months ago, I was into him about The Rangers not having any history, how we'd won the Scottish cup 8 times compared to their nil and so on. It's been great fun.

Last night however, without any provocation from me, he sent me a text which simply said again, "Be careful what you wish for".

I had a very uneasy night's sleep.

I'm not very knowledgeable about complicated financial matters, but if the guy in Lithuania decides he wants all the money back asap, liquidation seems a real possibility.

Even if that's unlikely, I'm thinking I should backtrack from my demands that Rangers lose their history, just in case. The question is, how?

Craigieboy

I've never taken delight in or ripped the piss out of the Rangers situation. Publicly stating so on here.

:verysmug:

I'm just no that kind of guy.

I slept like a baby, actually had a dream re-living the 5-1 pumping we handed hibs last year.

fabienleclerq

Not really a case of "be careful what you wish for" is it? Did you wish for our current financial woes?

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I slept like a baby, actually had a dream re-living the 5-1 pumping we handed hibs last year.

What? You were up every couple of hours for a bottle and nappy change?

Gregory House M.D.

:facepalm:

Punt this Rangers turd.

jamboinglasgow

If what happens to Hearts is we go into administration or out of business, so be it. We have caused our own downfall through overspending.

The reason I have mocked Rangers over their downfall is they never accept it is their fault, they always want someone else to blame and since being liquidated and being fortunate enough to be allowed back into the 3rd division as a newco, they have come out with threats towards other teams about how they will get their revenge when they back and how everything is a plot against them. There has been no humility. Paul Murray did make that point recently that Rangers need to start again and be a bit more humble.

Gene Parmesan

A friend of mine who lives in London is a Rangers supporter. He's a really nice bloke, no really, but he obviously made some bad decisions when he was younger. At least he doesn't go to games anymore.

I don't speak to him too regularly, but when I have I've been ripping the pee out of him about liquidation, The Rangers, Sevco etc and his usual response has always been a measured, "Be careful what you wish for".

As recently as a couple of months ago, I was into him about The Rangers not having any history, how we'd won the Scottish cup 8 times compared to their nil and so on. It's been great fun.

Last night however, without any provocation from me, he sent me a text which simply said again, "Be careful what you wish for".

I'm not very knowledgeable about complicated financial matters, but if the guy in Lithuania decides he wants all the money back asap, liquidation seems a real possibility.

Even if that's unlikely, I'm thinking I should backtrack from my demands that Rangers lose their history, just in case. The question is, how?

hlMRimBCzU1302398939292.jpg

Jambos_1874

Regardless of what our circumstances are it should not prevent us ripping it out of the h*ns at any given opportunity. I have absolutely no sympathy for them whatsoever.

Geoff Kilpatrick

If what happens to Hearts is we go into administration or out of business, so be it. We have caused our own downfall through overspending.

The reason I have mocked Rangers over their downfall is they never accept it is their fault, they always want someone else to blame and since being liquidated and being fortunate enough to be allowed back into the 3rd division as a newco, they have come out with threats towards other teams about how they will get their revenge when they back and how everything is a plot against them. There has been no humility. Paul Murray did make that point recently that Rangers need to start again and be a bit more humble.

Correct.

And to be frank, given the situation we were in in 2004, I wouldn't swap these last 8 years for anything. Better to burn brightly rather than fade away.

Stu Dapples

what exactly were you wishing for?

I guess he's referring to my arguments that Rangers should have their titles and history removed given that they were liquidated and are a new company.

Caspian Primrose

Correct.

And to be frank, given the situation we were in in 2004, I wouldn't swap these last 8 years for anything. Better to burn brightly rather than fade away.

i'd swap the last 8 years for our continued existence, in a heart beat. no danger do i want us to end up like Sevco.

Geoff Kilpatrick

I guess he's referring to my arguments that Rangers should have their titles and history removed given that they were liquidated and are a new company.

That's because they are.

If HMFC, in the worst case, are liquidated, then our history ends. Simple as that.

loveofthegame

The stench from this one, going by this thread and his previous posts, is unreal.

Almost time for the one year anniversary celebrations.

Geoff Kilpatrick

i'd swap the last 8 years for our continued existence, in a heart beat. no danger do i want us to end up like Sevco.

I don't want us to end up like Sevco either.

However, the point is that this is the path Robinson put us on. Would you rather have had a slow, lingering death at Murrayfield or the Vlad roller coaster? The latter for me everytime.

Stu Dapples

That's because they are.

If HMFC, in the worst case, are liquidated, then our history ends. Simple as that.

You're much more philosophical about it than me.

Maybe I'll give it a try.

IronJambo

But they should have their honours removed because they belong to a club that doesn't exist.

In the same situation the same thing should happen to The Heart of Midlothian should there ever be such a club.

That's the way it is, there's no point in being a wet welted hypocrite about it.

Geoff Kilpatrick

You're much more philosophical about it than me.

Maybe I'll give it a try.

I'm also quite adept at not biting at bullshit or trolls.

Give that a try.

Rangers fans have been smashing out this chat for days now. "You wanted us to die, isn't karma a bitch?" so I'm guessing that's what our visiting Sevco friend is referring to with this nonsense of an OP.

This place is just crawling at the moment. Urgh.

Caspian Primrose

I don't want us to end up like Sevco either.

However, the point is that this is the path Robinson put us on. Would you rather have had a slow, lingering death at Murrayfield or the Vlad roller coaster? The latter for me everytime.

I see what youre saying now. i'd take the roller coaster of course. it didnt have to be a roller coaster though, Vlad could have secured our future if he wanted. thats a whole different debate though. i'm done with this thread. hope the filthy Sevconian that started it gets a few more bites he was looking for.

I've never wished for hearts to go out of existence, so it doesnt really apply.

Stu Dapples

I'm no Rangers fan, by the way. I hate them and their green counterparts. Jambo through and through.

loveofthegame

I'm no Rangers fan, by the way. I hate them and their green counterparts. Jambo through and through.

I believe you don't support either of the West Coast mafia. I'm not convinced by your 2nd sentence.

31236276.jpg

Dirty Deeds

Be careful what you wish for.

Couldn't agree more, do you think I wanted a 10" pianist?

Sheiky Baby

post-836-0-00316100-1326738235.jpg

:arry:

Stu Dapples

I believe you don't support either of the West Coast mafia. I'm not convinced by your 2nd sentence.

I'm not sure I know what you're saying.

You don't believe I hate them and their green counterparts? I promise you, I have no time for either of them.

If you're in fact referring to my third sentence, get a grip.

Maybe in hindsight I made a mistake starting this thread, but I've supported Hearts since I was a bairn.

I'm not sure I know what you're saying.

You don't believe I hate them and their green counterparts? I promise you, I have no time for either of them.

If you're in fact referring to my third sentence, get a grip.

Maybe in hindsight I made a mistake starting this thread, but I've supported Hearts since I was a bairn.

falkirk fan, eh?

Mr Scruff

I know a few Rangers fans giving it the same patter as well. It's wishful thinking on their part.

I wishedfor Rangers to go bust. and they did. I'm going to try that one about me, Scarlett Johannson and Christina Hendricks now.

Walter Bishop

Drama+Queen.jpg

Archived