UKIO declared bankrupt

WavyGravy

WavyGravy

Chris McLaughlin saying on twitter the decision has been made. Was this a formality? What now?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mad Dog Frazer

Months and months of nothing

The administrators will have bigger fish to go after than our 15 million debt. They'll get round to us eventually then the shit hits the fan.

They sell us as soon as the can as a going concearn

Correctamundo!

They need to get rid ASAP. Just need to buckle up tight and see what happens next.

Armageddon

Jumpers for goal posts up the Meadows ... where it all began.

I'd happily ask the council to build us a stadia somewhere, we lease it back and let the Administrators have Tynie.

Only thing I'd take is the Scottish Cups and that huge tree at the nursery ... I like looking at the top of that when things are going bad and think how tall can a tree get ...

Alwaysinourshadows

We can all try and act as if we know what will happen but nobody knows

loveofthegame

Doomed....

Really, I have no idea. Hopefully will force someone's hand. And hopefully we'll get past 1 June without going into admin and being relegated...

As fans all we can do is raise funds as we have already been doing and hope that either SD make a move soon or any other interested parties do so we can secure the clubs future or we will end up like Pompey or worse Dunfermline!

letsalllaughathobos

Looks like massone could be the man soon as he is the only mofo with the dough,

If he offers the adminastrators the same 4/5m they will take it and hearts will be debt free all hail king vladamir,

Not a dafty after all was he,

That is how I see it going,

Might be miles of the mark there but that is my personal thoughts

Gregory House M.D.

Wonder if FOH will take their finger out their arse and make an actual bid with actual money.

Chris McLaughlin saying on twitter the decision has been made. Was this a formality? What now?

Pretty much a formality. There's now a 10 day appeal period, however they were, by definition, the "bad part" of the bank. So it was always going to happen.

Now it's up to the bankruptcy administrator to get the best bang for his buck for the creditors (the Lithuanian tax payer) from Ukio's assets (any property they own etc) and debtors (HMFC, UBIG, etc). Time scale is unknown. However, the administrator of Snoras Bank (the last Lithuanian bank to go under) is still selling off assets to this day:

http://www.15min.lt/en/article/business/snoras-administrator-kicks-off-sale-of-lietuvos-rytas-media-group-527-330145

That's almost two years since they went under.

:facepalm:

So you don't think so no? Not just me who thinks it could be, I certainly hope not.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Wonder if FOH will take their finger out their arse and make an actual bid with actual money.

This.

Juan Jose Carricondo Perez

Pretty much a formality. There's now a 10 day appeal period, however they were, by definition, the "bad part" of the bank. So it was always going to happen.

Now it's up to the bankruptcy administrator to get the best bang for his buck for the creditors (the Lithuanian tax payer) from Ukio's assets (any property they own etc) and debtors (HMFC, UBIG, etc). Time scale is unknown. However, the administrator of Snoras Bank (the last Lithuanian bank to go under) is still selling off assets to this day:

http://www.15min.lt/en/article/business/snoras-administrator-kicks-off-sale-of-lietuvos-rytas-media-group-527-330145

That's almost two years since they went under.

Was it ever confirmed which part the charge fell into? The good parts that were transferred or the toxic part that's been liquidated?

Apologies if this has been answered a million times.

jambo1185

It's just a formality and the start of the next stage in the process that's been known for a few weeks. The hearing today wasn't a last minute thing and the outcome was never in doubt.

The interesting bit starts now. As others have said, there will be bigger fish to fry than us, so if they do end up calling in the debt, we need to hope they wait a month at least before doing so.

letsalllaughathobos

Anybody who wants us NOW is the time, whether them at FOH can/will do it is anyone's guess, I hope they can,

Gregory House M.D.

So do we owe ?15m or has the ?9m and security been transferred?

Boaby Ewing

Maybe they should consult you and your HND in Business Management from Stevenson, wee baws.

Gregory House M.D.

Anybody who wants us NOW is the time, whether them at FOH can/will do it is anyone's guess, I hope they can,

Surely with them waving Ann Budge about like a Top Trumps card they can get the funds. Or are they as suspected a bunch of slavering chancers? Time will tell.

Im sure they would be happy to receive a 3rd (?5 mill)

reckon collection bucket time ?

Gregory House M.D.

Maybe they should consult you and your HND in Business Management from Stevenson, wee baws.

Nah, they've got Donald Ford and Ann Budge. No pledging any cash mind but sending us good thoughts before raiding our pockets.

Hehehe....

Was it ever confirmed which part the charge fell into? The good parts that were transferred or the toxic part that's been liquidated?

Apologies if this has been answered a million times.

You know, I've never seen it actually confirmed, but I remember at the time getting the impression from Bryan P. Bradley (Lithuanian based Bloomberg writer) that it was a formality that it would be.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

That's exactly what we are doing... What's your point?

Governor Tarkin

:cheesy:

peter_hmfc

tumblr_static_ooooh.gif

Jamboelite

:10900:

tartofmidlothian

Nailed it.

tartofmidlothian

Also nailed it.

Franklin Delano Bluth

tumblr_m3avq3o3MH1rody9mo1_400.gif

They will arrange another meeting now getting everyone together to discuss this new development and schedule in another meeting :11100:

Franklin Delano Bluth

There's a meeting today. Maybe they will launch the takeover tonight.

:Aye:

Gregory House M.D.

A meeting within a meeting? Meetingception.

Prince Buaben

So... It comes down to who wants us and what they are willing to do to get us.

Daydream Believer

So... It comes down to who wants us and what they are willing to do to get us.

At this point are we only talking about the stadium though?

I take it someone would also have to deal with vlad for the shares.

Can someone clarify, if FoH puts in a bid now, would they only be putting in a bid for the part of the club that UKIO owns - and would then have to buy the rest of the shares from UBIG/Vlad after that?

tartofmidlothian

Can someone clarify, if FoH puts in a bid now, would they only be putting in a bid for the part of the club that UKIO owns - and would then have to buy the rest of the shares from UBIG/Vlad after that?

No, nobody can clarify.

Seriously.

jambo1185

The bid should, if they are doing it properly, involve everyone round the table. It is likely that the administrators would need to approve any deal anyway, I imagine the security documentation has change of control and material business change consent requirements.

I wouldn't think there would be much point just negotiating with the club/UBIG/Vlad anymore. You'd be wanting the security released as part of the deal, or coming to a new arrangement with the chargor.

Prince Buaben

At this point are we only talking about the stadium though?

I take it someone would also have to deal with vlad for the shares.

So they call the debt in and our debt in which against the Stadium and then it will be sold on to recover some cash?

The options are then FOH/SOD or A.N Other interested in Hearts comes in and gets the Stadium directly from administrators, then negoiates the club aswell, try and get it all in one go or we lose Tynie to cover debt are homeless and it ends up in a deleveoper.

Or am i away on a tangent.

There is an opportunity for someone/anyone to buy the debt at a discount from the administrator. The main, and more expected, alternative is that the administrator puts UBIG in to admin to sell its assets or put those assets into administration to extract the highest return possible.

It will, hopefully take a weeks/months to make the 1st couple of decisions which should serve to stave off relegation for this season.

I would think the fair / realistic value of the club / debt is an amount equal to the real estate value of Tynecastle. If anyone can offer the administrator the land value of tynecastle I would expect that would be enough to own the club - most simply through a debt for equity swap diluting all exising shareholders to fraction of a percent.

It would be nice if FOH could progress on that basis and bid a fair current value for the stadium - the administrators would have to think long and hard before turning such a bid down.

Jumpers for goal posts up the Meadows ... where it all began.

I'd happily ask the council to build us a stadia somewhere, we lease it back and let the Administrators have Tynie.

Only thing I'd take is the Scottish Cups and that huge tree at the nursery ... I like looking at the top of that when things are going bad and think how tall can a tree get ...

I'd have to fight you for the tree. :)

I love that tree. It's so tall it looks like there's a wee Christmas tree on the roof of the Main Stand.

Yes. Trees. Much better than thinking about finances and Audickas and decisions yet to be made.

He doesn't look like a club killer:

esana4an.jpg

Franklin Delano Bluth

He looks about 16, though.

tartofmidlothian

We raised what, 1.25m in a month or so earlier this season? Based on FoH's valuation the stadium's worth 5.5m and the club's probably worth ?1.

In all seriousness, if the fans, the six fan groups (including FoH) being led by Murray and any small-scale investors are willing to come together again, could the administrators be talked into accepting that much if they gave us three months or so to pay it off? On the proviso we're the preferred bidders for that period and that the club is allowed to continue trading as normal.

It's the only way we'll come out of this untouched, unless someone, somewhere's willing to play an all or nothing game of chicken in the hope they get us off the books for peanuts without letting a developer or Massone have us.

Floridajambo

Firstly, we have to get to June 1, and ideally, pick up as few additional points as possible (league placing now is a moot point if we go into admin). Then, the Ukio administrator has a choice:

1. Call in the debt, we go immediately into administration and he gets pennies in the pound with a CVA funded by a new owner. We emerge from the other side, debt free and minus 15 points next season. Best scenario!

2. Let us trade as a going concern and negotiate a payoff over time - unlikely as the assets/profits are too low and we are also in hock to HMRC and UBIG;

3. Reach an agreement with a buyer directly for the Hearts brand and stadium. This is potentially the best option for the Ukio administrator, but risks letting someone like Massone get the club. Basically, FOH, etc. have to pay more than a property developer - but this option doesn't let us off the hook with UBIG or HMRC, so is not attractive to a buyer.

Admin seems inevitable. But at the same time, could completely tidy up the Hearts balance sheet and we can more or less start again.

A new beginning!!

Archived