Zeros To Heroes

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

Who are folks you always thought were dicks but did something to change your mind?

My first nomination?

Ross Kemp. Total fandan on Eastenders. Then he goes on Extras and does a magnificent parody of himself. "Special Army Soldiers." :lol:

As if that wasn't enough he starts dodging bullets with our lads in Afghanistan. Then he starts making excellent docos from some of the most dangerous places on the planet. What a guy. :wub:

Ross-Kemp.jpg

No Nonsense

Ryan Gosling. Came to prominence in the notebook but has redeemed himself since.

Tommy Wiseau

Well.

This thread was a dog.

:vrface:

:lol:

Couldn't think of anyone other than Russell Brand off the top of my head. Couldn't be arsed with the "he's a Hibs ****" patter, so put the thread in the bin.

Sorry mate B)

Ruth Dudley Edwards. I tried to read one of her novels and found it impenetrable. Later, met her at her brother's farewell lecture and she was a bit petty, clearly envious of the attention and tributes he was getting and slightly seething at not getting a speaking part. But she's a good antidote to victim mentalities and guilt tripping. And my grandparents met at an Orange Order march, thus proving her argument in The Faithful Tribe that it's largely a social club. I wish he wouldn't defend Conrad Black so blindly since, whatever the merits of his case, he's not a poor put-upon wee victim and he's an utter ######.

http://ruthdudleyedwards.co.uk/

And what happened 160+ years ago is not our fault:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wshh2b1zHHY

Maroon Sailor

Robbie Williams - thought he was a talentless arsehole in his Take That days.

Franklin Delano Bluth

Who are folks you always thought were dicks but did something to change your mind?

My first nomination?

Ross Kemp. Total fandan on Eastenders. Then he goes on Extras and does a magnificent parody of himself. "Special Army Soldiers." :lol:

As if that wasn't enough he starts dodging bullets with our lads in Afghanistan. Then he starts making excellent docos from some of the most dangerous places on the planet. What a guy. :wub:

Ross-Kemp.jpg

OOOOOR LADDIES.

Atrocious Sun patter. They are called soldiers, airmen, sailors, etc. Not 'Our Lads'. Unless you have one or more of your sons in theatre. And then you are only talking about them, not the British Armed Forces as whole.

Chad Sexington

OOOOOR LADDIES.

Atrocious Sun patter. They are called soldiers, airmen, sailors, etc. Not 'Our Lads'. Unless you have one or more of your sons in theatre. And then you are only talking about them, not the British Armed Forces as whole.

You bore me.

kingantti1874

Robbie Williams - thought he was a talentless arsehole in his Take That days.

Transpires you were right the first time

Chad Sexington

Jean-Claude Van Damme.

I wouldn't go to watch any of his movies at gunpoint and I'd written him off as a egotistical meathead. Then I saw him in the movie JCVD where he plays himself caught up in a bank heist. Turns out he can actually act. He's brilliant in it.

Franklin Delano Bluth

You bore me.

:sob:

Say it ain't so, Rebekah.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Tommy Wiseau

Leonardo di Caprio.

Floppy haired teen heart throb and beacon of shite in the disastrously bad Titanic, and the wildly over-rated mangling of Shakespeare Romeo & Juliet, to best mainstream actor in the world in, producing classic performances in quality films like Inception, The Departed and Blood Diamond.

Leonardo di Caprio.

Floppy haired teen heart throb and beacon of shite in the disastrously bad Titanic, and the wildly over-rated mangling of Shakespeare Romeo & Juliet, to best mainstream actor in the world in, producing classic performances in quality films like Inception, The Departed and Blood Diamond.

Basketball Diaries, Gilbert Grape and This Boy's Life show that Leo had bags of talent and was always gonna be a respected actor, who just happened to be beaten with the handsome stick. Drug addict, mentally handicapped and child abuse victim - he knew where it's at acting wise from a young age.

Mine is Jude Law. Pretty boy no-mark and general 'serial love rat darren day' impersonator, to a good thesp with a very decent growing CV of fine performances.

Chad Sexington

Leonardo di Caprio.

Great shout.

Leonardo di Caprio.

He was good before those films.

Whats Eating Gilbert Grape and The Basketball Diaries.

Tommy Wiseau

I know, chaps, but I was about 12 when Romeo and Juliet came out so hadn't seen any of those other performances until later. Therefore I despised him B)

OOOOOR LADDIES.

:spoton:

Bob Monkhouse

Smarmy skin crawling quiz master that I despised

Yet seen a Documentary on him and I realised how talented he was, the Doc was a fascinating insight to a truly intelligent and funny Man

He was good before those films.

Whats Eating Gilbert Grape.

We studied this in standard grade English. Got in trouble for laughing when his mum died and had to be crane lifted out her bed.

Mise en scene indeed. :sob:

Gigolo-Aunt

Bob Monkhouse

Smarmy skin crawling quiz master that I despised

Yet seen a Documentary on him and I realised how talented he was, the Doc was a fascinating insight to a truly intelligent and funny Man

Watched it as well. Great documentary.

Watched it as well. Great documentary.

The one about his video collection? A great documentary and very clever re-evaluation of him for folk of my generation who saw him as a smarmy hack, when he was in fact a highly polished stand-up.

Fermit the Krog

Brad Pitt.

From being told to take acting lessons after auditioning for (I think) 'the accused' and a less than impressive appearance in 'Thelma and Louise' to 'Seven', '12 monkeys' and 'seven years in tibet'.

The one about his video collection? A great documentary and very clever re-evaluation of him for folk of my generation who saw him as a smarmy hack, when he was in fact a highly polished stand-up.

It was amazing to see his take on detail, obsessive

What he incessantly recorded as in daily an amazing diary well ahead of his time

His artistic touch which IMO rarely comparable

His family love and humility as death reared its ugly head, touching to say the least

Gigolo-Aunt

Yup. Like yourself, made me rethink what my original opinion of him was.

The TV guides etc that he kept with the changes made in his handwriting if programmes run late or had wrong actors showing was a stunning attention to detail that probably bordered on mental illness. The tapes that he had recorded for Derek and Clive were thought to not exist any more. Very interesting guy who had a few tragedies going on in his life as well.

David Duval. Couldn't stand him as he always seemed cold and aloof on the course, then he won the Open and gave a great speech and genuinely seemed like a nice humble guy. Sadly since then he has barely hit a straight shot.

3fingersreid

Wouldn't go as far as saying a hero -and I know she's a hibbee -but having had the pleasure of meeting her a few times margo macdonald a tremendous sense of humour and I've even grown to like her politics

Churchill.

Derided as a failure after Gallipoli, his time as Chancellor was a failure as well, yet the greatest war leader Britain ever had. He then back in the 1950s and was a poor PM at peace.

But less seriously; i agree with the shouts for Wyness.

Henrik Larsson must be an answer for Celtic fans. Almost his first action for them was to cause a goal scored by Chic Charnley.

Henrik Larsson must be an answer for Celtic fans. Almost his first action for them was to cause a goal scored by Chic Charnley.

that would mean in some way admitting to a failure on behalf of Celtic and therefore all people of a Celtic persuasion. The same number of Celtic fans were sure that henrik would be a hero right away as were at Lisbon - all of them.

Archived