The 5-1 Gesture

topcat

You do realize that some lazy Gobshite Journo is going to lift your reply on here and post it as the scoop of the century. I hope not but kickback seems to be a mine of info for the laziest of the "red top" reporters.

Wouldnt do that to a fellow journo i'd imagine. They'll lift stuff from plebs, but it'd be bad form to stitch up one of their own when he's in civilian mode. Especially when it's a family matter.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PsychocAndy

Wouldnt do that to a fellow journo i'd imagine. They'll lift stuff from plebs, but it'd be bad form to stitch up one of their own when he's in civilian mode. Especially when it's a family matter.

You would like to think so but i'm not holding my breath. Does the Sun not have it in for guys that write for the Record and so on?

You do realize that some lazy Gobshite Journo is going to lift your reply on here and post it as the scoop of the century. I hope not but kickback seems to be a mine of info for the laziest of the "red top" reporters.

I think they might be more concerned with JKB'ers trying to 'SHAMELESSLY DUPE' Pat into doing a 5-1.

Rick Grimes

Nice gesture, Pat, though really not necessary. I'm sure that there are no hard feelings for your laddie.

Still, after making all that effort you didn't bother to take the time to wish me a happy birthday. Dick.

You would like to think so but i'm not holding my breath. Does the Sun not have it in for guys that write for the Record and so on?

One poster, Harry's Roar, said: 'Pat's a good guy for coming onto to a public forum to discuss what is a private matter. He must have realised he was putting his privacy at risk but felt the need to right what he perceived as being a wrong. The majority on here respect that but then most are normal human beings unlike the scum that write for papers that hack into the phones of murder victims or of people killed in terrorist attacks. Or who doorstep people suffering the most horrendous personal issues. Or lie, cheat and bribe their way to a story and justify it as being in the public interest.'

PsychocAndy

One poster, Harry's Roar, said: 'Pat's a good guy for coming onto to a public forum to discuss what is a private matter. He must have realised he was putting his privacy at risk but felt the need to right what he perceived as being a wrong. The majority on here respect that but then most are normal human beings unlike the scum that write for papers that hack into the phones of murder victims or of people killed in terrorist attacks. Or who doorstep people suffering the most horrendous personal issues. Or lie, cheat and bribe their way to a story and justify it as being in the public interest.'

Where is the kudos button?

Franklin Delano Bluth

Good luck for the final!

Calm your jets.

When I say "good luck for the final" I mean that in the best possible Hearts way of course!

The People's Chimp

Dear Jambos,

My apologies for barging in on your site, I am sure it isn?t hugely welcome from a Hibs man like me but I feel I need to talk to a number of the real Hearts fans directly. This particular topic seemed strangely fitting. It was recently brought to my attention that some unacceptable comments and language had been used against some Hearts fans on line, emanating from my son?s account. First of all they did come from him or at least some of them did, so no excuse there. In fact this is an open and sincere apology to anyone who was offended.

The excuse/reason for the language is that Simon is on the autistic spectrum and he is unaware of the offence and indeed the consequences of his words sometimes. He is a very keen Hibs fan and obviously got carried away with the ?banter? in cyberspace, many others may have done the same but I have told him it is absolutely not acceptable from him. He does not like talking about autism and we as a family have never made any public comments, so it is perfectly understandable if any of you were angered, you didn?t have the full facts.

Most importantly he is not a hateful guy anyway and there is certainly no negative feeling in our family against Hearts or indeed any team. Yes we support our team but it has never meant hatred of the opposition, not in this household anyway.

Like many parents, I was unaware of the intensity of the online ?debate?, but my wife and I were shocked by it when we were made aware and as such we just couldn?t let it lie. It is worth mentioning that it was not a Hearts fan who brought it to our attention, so thank you to those who witnessed it for being so understanding already.

If any Hearts fan feels the need to contact me personally, I will try to get back on to the site and answer any questions when I have a moment. In the meantime, thanks for your understanding and of course please don?t let up on the abuse at me personally when I am squirming on the telly when Hibs are having a torrid time. Times such as at half time last week against Falkirk at Hampden and there might have been another time at Hampden a little while back but I can?t quite remember it. That abuse is welcome, funny and I always take it in the right spirit.

Good luck for the rest of the season, with the obvious exception of course!

PS A couple of weeks ago I Hearts fan came up to me in Edinburgh and DIDN'T make the 5-1 gesture....the first time since last summer that has happened.

Pat Nevin

:wow:

Well done Pat for coming on and glad you can take the banter. Are you planning another set at the flying duck any time soon? JKB member Gershwin says seeing you DJ at ATP was among the top 3 moments of his life (can you guess the other 2?) and he'd sell his one remaining testicle to see you play again.

:dizzy2:

Is PatrickNevin the real Pat Nevin?

How do we know, how dont I know?

Who is his son?

Did this outburst go live on JKB?

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Hello Pat, fair play for your attendance. May I belatedly congratulate you for taking part in one of the greatest games in Tynecastle history, November 1997, Hearts 5 Killie 3, a true footballing classic. Its never too late to admit Hibs are humpty, no matter your son has developed an affiliation. Not a big fan of telly pundits to be honest, generally I can form my own opinion, but you seem as sane as they come. Just how many gigs do you have by the way? Sportscene, Channel 5, 5 Live, Chelsea TV, surely you have enough money to make a meaningful donation to Edingburghs No.1 club???

:wow:

Well done Pat for coming on and glad you can take the banter. Are you planning another set at the flying duck any time soon? JKB member Gershwinsays seeing you DJ at ATP was among the top 3 moments of his life (can you guess the other 2?) and he'd sell his one remaining testicle to see you play again.

:rofl:

It was good to be fair. You can't beat a conga to 'You Can Call Me Al'.

This is wierd

I'd completely forgotten starting this thread. I'd been at a beer tasting. This weeks theme was six extra strong beers and then we went to the pub, as you do.

I can strongly recommend this stuff

narwhal2012bottlepintnodate.png

It's quite expensive but it's over 10% abv so you won't need much of it.

PROS: It's full of malty body, just enough bitterness with notes of coffee, Liquourice, Chocolate and slightly burnt raisins. Enough Flavour to carry the high alcohol content but not so much as too overpower the pallete. Perfectly balanced

CONS: You might wake up to find you posted stuff that you've no memory of on an internet site and celebrity Hibs supporters have responded. (No harm done this time but imagine if it had been John Leslie).

I'd be keen to donate for a sponsored 5-1 from Pat.

Seeing as FIVE is the magic number, why not make all donations a fiver to the relevant cause - one of Mr Nevin's choice in return for "The Gesture"?

I'd be keen to donate for a sponsored 5-1 from Pat.

Seeing as FIVE is the magic number, why not make all donations a fiver to the relevant cause - one of Mr Nevin's choice in return for "The Gesture"?

I'd do the same. :thumbsup:

Tommy Wiseau

Pat Nevin = good lad in my book.

Now, time to settle an age old question - what is the best track on Psychocandy?

GlasgoJambo

Hi Pat

Wouldn't have guessed to find you here!!

Well done for coming on and making that apology but sorry you've been forced to make a private matter public so all the more credit to you.

For the record you're viewed quite affably on this site - for being a journo and a Hibee that's no mean feat.

Keep up the good work and hopefully see you DJing again soon.

Cheers,

Barney (no longer Flying Duck manager but Gav's still playing monthly so know there's a gig there for you as soon as you're available again).

Has the H1b5 **** been banned yet ????

Doesn't look like it, everyone's too busy licking his arse :lol:

very big of you Pat, not necessary but I can get why you did it.

Now apologise to topcat for detailing a thread that was otherwise bound for the classics. His contextualization of the ways of performing the 5-1 in to a Don Quixote-Sancho Panza relationship is fresh and invigorating to a debate that was in danger of becoming stale. You took that from him. For shame.

For the record, Don Quixote would cross his arms.

I don't know whose translation you read but I always assumed that Quixote and Panza were Hibs supporters. One more sophisticated but deluded to the point of madness and the other simple and straightforward to the point of stupidity. Given the way this thread has gone I hesitate to mention Pat Nevin and Yogi Hughes in this context.

Haven't seen the thread in question - obviously NOT in before the lock... :lol: so presume the Mods have dealt with it. It was on JKB, wasn't it? OP just mentions 'a forum'.

Anyhoo, fair play to Pat - the more awareness about ASD the better IMO.

And surely one of our more creative folk can Photoshop a 5-1?

The real thing would clearly be better - ? waiting here :D

I seen something with Pat Nevins son a few weeks ago. Cant remember where tho..

He is most likely talking about his sons youtube account which has a number of videos on it relating to Hearts/Hibs.

The videos have found their way onto here on a couple of occasions but I can't remember anybody taking offence to his sons behaviour in the videos. (He basically swears his way through Hearts related content).

He also seems to be an avid Trainspotter.

Franklin Delano Bluth

He is most likely talking about his sons youtube account which has a number of videos on it relating to Hearts/Hibs.

The videos have found their way onto here on a couple of occasions but I can't remember anybody taking offence to his sons behaviour in the videos. (He basically swears his way through Hearts related content).

He also seems to be an avid Trainspotter.

Is that the one where the boy sings along to The Hearts Song, 'shite, shite, glorious shite'?

Franklin Delano Bluth

Had total forgot about that '5 goals is dreadful, 6 goals is horrendous and 7 goals will last several lifetimes' or whatever.

Naw pal, 5-1 will last forever and a day, don't you worry about it, son.

5-1.jpg

The Baldmans Comb

A very interesting thread.

Pat Nevin is easily the best football pundit around and is obviously a top class guy and strangely for a footballer so articulate therefore totally fair play and respect to him.

I just cannae get it in my heid why he made a conscious decision to support...........

Already got the happy anniversary banner for the hobo next door just need to get some sort of poster and balloons then sorted for when he wakes up and looks oot window

I couldn't give a **** if he likes Joy division and the JaMC, he's still a hibs rasper.

As you can see, we have our own autistic posters :lol:

Fair play to pat, but if your reading this, i think you should do every 5-1 that TC suggested in the original post live on tv, for hi-jacking his thread, and we could sponsor this as someone else on the thread suggested, maybe we could cast votes for pats best 5-1 :devilish:

Kalamazoo Jambo

Fair play to pat, but if your reading this, i think you should do every 5-1 that TC suggested in the original post live on tv, for hi-jacking his thread, and we could sponsor this as someone else on the thread suggested, maybe we could cast votes for pats best 5-1 :devilish:

Either that or a charity parachute jump. That's always goes down well on JKB.

Either that or a charity parachute jump. That's always goes down well on JKB.

love it. :10900:

Archived