Whatever happend to ....

Toxteth O'Grady

Toxteth O'Grady

Cairan Coll

The Irish left back under 19 guy that we supposedly signed at the end of August last year?

I've seen a fair few under 19 games but never seen this guy.

Toxteth O'Grady
I have often wondered where he is. Injured maybe?

I won't sleep tonight till I find out;)

Spellczech
I won't sleep tonight till I find out;)

I seem to remember some story about him saying he does not know what his situation is and that he was told to continue at his previous club on loan or something. All a bit sketchy...

Drylaw Hearts

I think Celtic were also sniffing about this lad.

I'm sure there was a story going about that he'd signed for us only to then get an offer from Celtic.

BTW,

How many youth players from Ireland/Norther Ireland have signed under John Murray ?

And how many have actually made the grade ?

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

I'm sure there was a story going about that he'd signed for us only to then get an offer from Celtic.

BTW,

How many youth players from Ireland/Norther Ireland have signed under John Murray ?

Good point.

In fact, when was the last time any youngster from Northern Ireland made the grade anywhere?:cool:

BTW,

Surely not with a name like that ;)

Do The Dance
Cairan Coll

The Irish left back under 19 guy that we supposedly signed at the end of August last year?

I've seen a fair few under 19 games but never seen this guy.

As said above, I'm pretty sure he's 16 or 17 and is only playing for the under 17s. Apparently a decent prospect.

Good point.

In fact, when was the last time any youngster from Northern Ireland made the grade anywhere?:cool:

Andy Kirk?

Not great but not terrible.

and Lafferty looks a decent player imo.

or do you mean making the grade = premiership quality?

He's here! He played in the 17's last Monday against Hibs

Hello chickalittle

And how are you this evening?

Cairan did play last Monday as you say, and must have been quite a confused young man with all the various indtructions being bellowed at him from the coaches. Not sure how many times he has played, but I thought he worked hard but would suggest he has a bit to go, hopefully he'll get there.

Did you see soccer am - good viewing eh! : thought Matej Rapnik looked a class act!

Only a Game
Good point.

Norman Whiteside stands out. And the boy the played for Leeds, David somebody. Ivan Sproule of course (I'll stop there):evilno:

Eckauskas
Good point.

Good try.

Who were the last Scottish youngsters to have 'made the grade'?

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
Good try.

Who were the last Scottish youngsters to have 'made the grade'?

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "good try".

Anyway, what I meant was there has been a real dearth of talent from Northern Ireland recently. Healy is the only one I can think of.

BTW, I agree, there are hardly any Scottish players to reach the top level, although it's been better in the last few years - McFadden, Fletcher, Hutton, Ferguson, Gordon, Brown.

Dr Ian Malcolm
Good point.

That Best buy was okay. ;)

Eckauskas
I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "good try".

Anyway, what I meant was there has been a real dearth of talent from Northern Ireland recently. Healy is the only one I can think of.

BTW, I agree, there are hardly any Scottish players to reach the top level, although it's been better in the last few years - McFadden, Fletcher, Hutton, Ferguson, Gordon, Brown.

Healy, Taylor, Evans, Davis, McCartney, Carroll, Johnson, Baird and Hughes are all registered with Premiership clubs. Albeit Davis is currently on loan at Rangers.

Lafferty, Brunt, Capaldi, McAuley, Gillespie and Sproule are all playing for Championship clubs.

Shiels and Craigan both playing in the SPL.

Yeah, not many Northern Irish players to have 'made the grade' there.

Healy, Taylor, Evans, Davis, McCartney, Carroll, Johnson, Baird and Hughes are all registered with Premiership clubs. Albeit Davis is currently on loan at Rangers.

Lafferty, Brunt, Capaldi, McAuley, Gillespie and Sproule are all playing for Championship clubs.

i couldn't have put that reply any better. as an ulster Jambo, i'm saddened at any Heart's fan who has a dig at Northern Ireland. Wee Dee McCreery, steve penney, andy kirk (that lob against h**s in the demolition) etc etc etc

Eckauskas
i couldn't have put that reply any better. as an ulster Jambo, i'm saddened at any Heart's fan who has a dig at Northern Ireland. Wee Dee McCreery, steve penney, andy kirk (that lob against h**s in the demolition) etc etc etc

It's interesting to note that, with a population thats approximately 1/6th of what Scotland's is, we were beating Sweden, Spain, Denmark, etc in the last qualifying campaign.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

I admire NI for their achievements in recent years but you must get easily offended if your upset at Northern Ireland getting a wee dig against them on a Scottish clubs message board!

Eckauskas
I admire NI for their achievements in recent years but you must get easily offended if your upset at Northern Ireland getting a wee dig against them on a Scottish clubs message board!

Being easily offended is out of character for this messageboard, eh?

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
Being easily offended is out of character for this messageboard, eh?

Your right, but it's the equivalent of me going onto Man Utds forum and moaning about Scotland getting a slagging!

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

I've never heard of half of those guys.

Nah, I'm not buying it, Northern Ireland are still pretty rank.

Scotland would tank them - ;)

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
We'd pump Georgia.

Fact.

Fair enough.

But we'd pump Iceland.

Facter.

(Even Berti beat Iceland!)

Eckauskas
Fair enough.

But we'd pump Iceland.

Facter.

(Even Berti beat Iceland!)

We'd beat Costa Rica.

We'd beat Costa Rica.

That also pales into significance when I point out that our dad's could batter your dad's.

FACT

End of.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
We'd beat Costa Rica.

I'm not fancying my chances here.

I think you have a bigger backlog of crap countries to hit me with!

Did you guys not draw with Liechtenstein once?

That's pretty low.

Edit - Armenia. At home. FFS.

Eckauskas
That also pales into significance when I point out that our dad's could batter your dad's.

FACT

End of.

Would be hard to batter my dad, tbf.

I'm not fancying my chances here.

I think you have a bigger backlog of crap countries to hit me with!

Did you guys not draw with Liechtenstein once?

That's pretty low.

Edit - Armenia. At home. FFS.

Dark, dark days.

We'll pump you in August at Hampden.

Fact.

Stewart MacD
Gordon, Brown.

Floundering at the moment,though::rolleyes:

Ryan Gosling

...predictability, the milkman, the paperboy, the evening TV?

But did I get delivered here, somebody tell me please! 'Cos this whole world's confuuuuusing me!

Name that TV show!

Ryan Gosling
full house. :)

Ding ding, we have a winner.

What's he won, Troy? :laugh:

Did you watch it? :D

Commander Harris
Ding ding, we have a winner.

What's he won, Troy? :laugh:

Did you watch it? :D

nope, I cheated. :D

Coll is murder.

Worst player I've ever seen - hope he dies.

That's what Ferry Jambo told me. Oh - is he back under the Prancer pseudonym these days?

;)

Ryan Gosling
nope, I cheated. :D

You filthy animal. :D

Coll is murder.

Worst player I've ever seen - hope he dies.

That's what Ferry Jambo told me. Oh - is he back under the Prancer pseudonym these days?

;)

Surely you mean 'I personally feel he's the worst player I've ever seen - hope he dies tbh.'

:laugh:

The Old Tolbooth
It's interesting to note that, with a population thats approximately 1/6th of what Scotland's is, we were beating Sweden, Spain, Denmark, etc in the last qualifying campaign.

Since when did Scotland have a population of 10 million people? :confused:

Lochend Brazil
Since when did Scotland have a population of 10 million people? :confused:

Have you been to Poland lately.;)

The Old Tolbooth
Have you been to Poland lately.;)

The Poles are all going back home because their country is in a better state than ours lol!!

Lochend Brazil
The Poles are all going back home because their country is in a better state than ours lol!!

Wonder if VR will bring them back over to build a stadium for purpose after they have finished their own project.:confused:

The Old Tolbooth
Wonder if VR will bring them back over to build a stadium for purpose after they have finished their own project.:confused:

Some of them might get a game, unless their name is Klimek of course :confused:

frankbroxup
Good point.

George Best wasnt that bad but how about our Spanish export Dennis McGloghlan on loan at the Blue Brazil

Toxteth O'Grady
He's here! He played in the 17's last Monday against Hibs

Many thanks:)

Charlie-Brown
Many thanks:)

There was a Keiran / Cairan playing for the U17's on Monday but he played right wing / wide right midfield....I thought Cairan Coll was reported as a left back when we signed him?....although he'd have to be a very good player to force his way ahead of left back Mikey Deland who looks a seriously good player.

Toxteth O'Grady
There was a Keiran / Cairan playing for the U17's on Monday but he played right wing / wide right midfield....I thought Cairan Coll was reported as a left back when we signed him?....although he'd have to be a very good player to force his way ahead of left back Mikey Deland who looks a seriously good player.

I've heard very good things about Deland from one of the younger players, they seem to rate him very highly:)

Archived