Peep Show Last Night.

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

The slow decline continues I'm afraid.

Last series wasn't as good as the previous 3 and last night was probably not even as funny as any of last series episodes.

We're not talking a horrible nose dive in quality like the Simpsons, but it's definitely on a downward trajectory IMO.

:sad:

Ivan Drago

I thought last nights one was pretty good, i certainly think it was a good start.

The 'is it Aids?' bit had me in stitches.

ArmiyaRomanova

Give it a chance - last night's ep felt more like a re-introduction, and we've little inkling yet as to what the series' trajectory might be.

Chad Sexington
Give it a chance - last night's ep felt more like a re-introduction, and we've little inkling yet as to what the series' trajectory might be.

I just don't think the writing is as sharp or the plots as engaging as they were before. It all seems a bit cobbled together.

In the first three seasons, the gags would come so thick and fast you could barely keep up with them. Last night there was a chuckle every couple of minutes and very few belly laughs.

As for the whole keeping the burglar hostage story line, well I just found that a bit rubbish.

It's a shame because at it's peak it was the best British sit-com since The Office.

I thought it was very funny.

It's like Shameless. Not as good as it used to be but you want it to keep going because it's still better than 95% of programmes on the television.

Gigolo-Aunt

I thought it was **** poor. Suppose thats what happens when the standard was so high.

The only thing that I thought was smart writing was the burglar calling him "Clean shirt". - Obviously the same young chap who called him that in the first series.

Stil, first episode - it may pick up.

Have my doubts though.

Mark_HMFC
I just don't think the writing is as sharp or the plots as engaging as they were before. It all seems a bit cobbled together.

In the first three seasons, the gags would come so thick and fast you could barely keep up with them. Last night there was a chuckle every couple of minutes and very few belly laughs.

As for the whole keeping the burglar hostage story line, well I just found that a bit rubbish.

It's a shame because at it's peak it was the best British sit-com since The Office.

I completely agree :(

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Thought it was pretty funny.

Better than most stuff on TV!

Chad Sexington
Thought it was pretty funny.

Better than most stuff on TV!

But with the talent involved it should be much, much better than "pretty funny".

But with the talent involved it should be much, much better than "pretty funny".

They don't owe you anything, Sexington. ;)

I thought it was good; I'd definitely like to see where it's going in this series.

The "comment when giving the theatre tickets to the beggar was fantastic.

Roy Barry

It was still decent though only 2 or 3 laugh out loud moments. Could still improve?

Saw an article in the metro with the writers the other day - they said they planned to keep writing it as long as C4 wanted it.

I agree but that very rarely happens when they keep shows going and going!

Chad Sexington
They don't owe you anything, Sexington. ;)

I thought it was good; I'd definitely like to see where it's going in this series.

The "comment when giving the theatre tickets to the beggar was fantastic.

Hehe.

As a loyal viewer I feel that they do Acey. ;)

I'm stopping short of giving it the Fat Comic Book Store Guy "Worst episode ever" verdict, but I feel slightly deflated that a once wonderful show is on the slide.

Chad Sexington
It has to be the last series, and Friday's episode was fairly poor. Still worth taking time out to watch though.

The writers will need to use the peripheral characters more in the rest of the series. The whole double-date premise seemed very obvious and mechanical. It was barely worth having Big Suze turn up at all.

More Jeff, Sophie, Toni and much much more Super Hans and Johnson please.

Johnson = Legend.

peep_show_episode4_johnson1_400x251.jpg

ArmiyaRomanova

More Jeff, Sophie, Toni and much much more Super Hans and Johnson please.

I think the second eps a 'back to work after the honeymoon' riff, so I'm hoping Johnson will feature....

I loved the how the smell from the megatron defined their activities on the sofa.

Genius.

I watched it last night - and thought it was really funny.

Do all men think like Jez, or is it just me? ;)

Stupid Sexy Flanders
It was repeated on E4 on Saturday at 9pm, and is available on 4onDemand on Virgin and the Channel 4 website I think.

Cool, ta.

I must confess to having never watched any of Peep Show at all.

I believe it is all on the Virgin extra replay thingumyjig so I should really start at the beginning...

Chad Sexington
I must confess to having never watched any of Peep Show at all.

I believe it is all on the Virgin extra replay thingumyjig so I should really start at the beginning...

Yes you should Boris.

The first 3 series are magnificent.

You wont be disappointed.

Yes you should Boris.

I shall.

I feel quite stupid for not having done so before.

When I asked my friend why he called me a ^^^^ after I told him I'd never seen Raging Bull, his reply was "because you get to see it and experience it for that very first time" I could see his expletive as a back handed compliment.

Koolkeith
Yes you should Boris.

I always thought the 3rd series was the weakest and the 4th was a bit of a return to form, particularly the last couple of episodes.

You just can't beat the first 2 series. Amazing!

Hopefully the 5th series will improve.

I shall.

I feel quite stupid for not having done so before.

When I asked my friend why he called me a ^^^^ after I told him I'd never seen Raging Bull, his reply was "because you get to see it and experience it for that very first time" I could see his expletive as a back handed compliment.

I watched the whole lot over the course of the last 2 weeks on the 4 OnDemand thingy. Well worth it.

As mentioned Johnson and especially Super Hans are absolute comedy gold.

"Oh no, the bad thing, that's the bad thing...."

Boaby Ewing

Watched it on the 4 on demand thingy as well earlier this week.

Was 'the one' the same lass from a couple of series back which Mark fell for in the shoe shop, before stalking her to university whilst pretending to be a mature student?

Super Hans it back tonight i understand :D

Splendid!!

"this crack's a bit more-ish...."

:confused:

I thought that episode was absolutely brilliant.

The wee laddie sucking off Super Hans!!

Unfortunately Johnson wasn't in it for long! :sad:

I was cracking up when he came in the cupboard. Haha!

Ivan Drago
I thought that episode was absolutely brilliant.

The wee laddie sucking off Super Hans!!

Unfortunately Johnson wasn't in it for long! :sad:

I was cracking up when he came in the cupboard. Haha!

spermy pants!!!!

Chad Sexington

An improvement on last weeks...I'll concede that. ;)

The first half was excellent. It was classic Mark. His anxiety at returning to work was hilarious and proof that Peep Show doesn't need wacky story lines to work, just good writing.

Mark's seminal emission in the stationary cupboard was pretty freaking funny though. :) Superb stuff.

I thought the second half fell away a bit.

Still, it was a definite improvement and I'm actually looking forward to next weeks now.

Oh, and much more of Johnson please. He's been criminally underused so far.

:mad:

Just watched it on catch up TV. Thought it was brilliant, laughed out loud every minute or so.

Am I the only one that though the lassie in the cupboard was strangely attractive? :confused:

Chad Sexington
Am I the only one that though the lassie in the cupboard was strangely attractive? :confused:

No. No you're not.

:peek_by_Andrin:

Chad Sexington
Didn't the original writers leave after the 2nd series?

No, it's the same guys.

Yeah.

That's what Mark said as well which made me laugh as it was exactly what I was thinking at the time.

Ivan Drago
Yeah.

That's what Mark said as well which made me laugh as it was exactly what I was thinking at the time.

I loved the bit where he was proud of the fact he'd 'tricked' Jeff and Sophie into thinking he'd pished himself :)

Snake Plissken

Agreed.

A strange quality about her.

Twas a good episode, looking forward to the next one.

Ivan Drago

What did everyone think of Fridays episode?

I missed it at the time, watching it on a certain video hosting website now though :)

What did everyone think of Fridays episode?

I missed it at the time, watching it on a certain video hosting website now though :)

Really enjoyed last Friday's one actually. A return to form, IMO.

Ivan Drago
Really enjoyed last Friday's one actually. A return to form, IMO.

I thought it was fantastic.

The bit at the sperm bank had me in stitches!!!!!

I thought it was fantastic.

The bit at the sperm bank had me in stitches!!!!!

Haha, had forgotten about that bit!

For some reason I was pishing myself when Johnson said something like "Hello Jeremy, I've just phoned my bank after losing my card and apparently the culprit has bought aTed Baker suit.....and a violin" then Jeremy tries to convince him that they're all in it together. Funny as.

Ivan Drago
Haha, had forgotten about that bit!

For some reason I was pishing myself when Johnson said something like "Hello Jeremy, I've just phoned my bank after losing my card and apparently the culprit has bought aTed Baker suit.....and a violin" then Jeremy tries to convince him that they're all in it together. Funny as.

"let's boogie baby":)

DemonCleaner
I loved the bit where he was proud of the fact he'd 'tricked' Jeff and Sophie into thinking he'd pished himself :)

The joke's on them, they think i ****ed myself!

Couple of points R.E. Friday's episode.

Firstly, how annoying was the Austrailian bird? Her mug just scremed out "Hit me, please!" to me everytime I saw her. Hope she's not in it for long. She's not even that tidy.

Secondly, the bird hates David Williams. She thinks he's creepy and point blank refuses that he's genuinely one of the funniest men on TV. Her saving grace is the fact she also likes Black Books. Good save IMO.

Anyone see it on Friday?

Wasn't the greatest although the whole story about Mark getting raped by a butch lesbian was pretty good!

Ivan Drago
Anyone see it on Friday?

Wasn't the greatest although the whole story about Mark getting raped by a butch lesbian was pretty good!

i thought the first half was pretty poor, but after the 'rape' i think it was one of the funniest things i've ever seen!!!

Archived