Obtaining a Police Check

Caspian Primrose

Caspian Primrose

the bursd needs to get a Police check from her time in New Zealand and Australia for a job. i thought the employer would take care of this but she's doing it herself. anybody had to do this, how do you go about it?

indianajones

the bursd needs to get a Police check from her time in New Zealand and Australia for a job. i thought the employer would take care of this but she's doing it herself. anybody had to do this, how do you go about it?

Isn't it just a basic disclosure form she needs? It's about ?30.

We had to get a police check done from the time we lived in Portugal, we had to go to the Portuguese Consulate in Manchester with our passports and sign a bit paper then that got forwarded onto the Police back there.

I Would think it would be similar to what your bird has to do.

She needs to contact NZ and Oz Embassy and get it going from there. Basic CRB check only covers her time in the UK and they will want to go back 5 years without any gaps. It can sometimes be time-consuming depending on the country you were in but with NZ and Oz you should be ok.

Caspian Primrose

She needs to contact NZ and Oz Embassy and get it going from there. Basic CRB check only covers her time in the UK and they will want to go back 5 years without any gaps. It can sometimes be time-consuming depending on the country you were in but with NZ and Oz you should be ok.

thanks everyone. this is what we're hearing from others too.

Thought you just got the form, filled it in handed it in to the Police at a station with whatever the fee is these days. Take a couple of forms of ID too. Might have changed mind.

Pohang Jambo

I had to get a police check from when I lived in Oz to get my job here. I had to contact the Oz federal police by email and they posted me a form to the UK. I filled in the form and posted it back to them with a stamped addressed envelope and the fee, then about a month later they posted it back to me with the police check letter enclosed. Took about a month and was something like 40 quid.

For me to go to the US i had to obtain a Police certifcate from ACPO (Association of Cheif Police Officers). Cost 35 quid for one and ?5 for each copy thereafter. It details any cautions or convictions. I should add i only needed one of these because I had convictions therefore HAD to get a Visa or they'd knock me back.

Not sure if the countries you mentioned are the same. When I had mine, the US Embassy would only accept the certificates if they were less than 3 months old.

For me to go to the US i had to obtain a Police certifcate from ACPO (Association of Cheif Police Officers). Cost 35 quid for one and ?5 for each copy thereafter. It details any cautions or convictions. I should add i only needed one of these because I had convictions therefore HAD to get a Visa or they'd knock me back.

Not sure if the countries you mentioned are the same. When I had mine, the US Embassy would only accept the certificates if they were less than 3 months old.

Let the speculation commence.

Archived