• Last Reply
...a bit disco

Not any further than the thumbs

Ah well,,,

:jjyay:

Chris Benoit

Hurrah....

Description of the goal please Chick?

Carrick beat a man on the right crossed it low into the box King took a touch a rifled into roof of the net.

2-2 another corner another free header

...a bit disco

Feck.

Emotional rollercoaster. this.

Carrick beat a man on the right crossed it low into the box King took a touch a rifled into roof of the net.

2-2 another corner another free header

Our U20 defence is as pish as the seniors then?

Chris Benoit

Wee lad from one direction at LB just hit a peach of a ball over the top both Smiths onside and clean through (I was bang in line) Lino put his flag up

:seething:

Wee lad from one direction at LB just hit a peach of a ball over the top both Smiths onside and clean through (I was bang in line) Lino put his flag up

I assume you gave him a torrent of abuse aye?

You should hurl some shite coffee at him.

60p well spent, IMO.

Walked past Marquis. Never said hi.

:verysmug:

Adam King outstanding. Brad Mackay very like Marius with his style of play. I'm off for q pint.

Chris Benoit

Walked past Marquis. Never said hi.

:verysmug:

Adam King outstanding. Brad Mackay very like Marius with his style of play. I'm off for q pint.

I'd have ignored you too if I had a clue who you are *

Thought Adam King when he was good was excellent but a fair few slack passes in amongst it.

McGhee looked decent at LB & RB and as much as I took the piss the young lad who came on at LB looked decent. The keeper made some good saves but could've done better with their first, free header in the 6 yard box. Good to see Hamill back, played ok. First half was torrid stuff second half much better but Smith didn't do anything to justify him getting a chance.

* ::troll:::'>

Footballfirst

The first half was a non event. 2nd half, Hearts went ahead after Holt fed Carrick who drilled an angled low shot across the face of the goal and into the far corner.

Forster equalised for Hibs with a header from a corner on the right. Billy King put Hearts back in front when Carrick squared a ball to him about 8 yards out. He took a touch and fired the ball high into the net. Another corner on the right another equaliser for Hibs, The other centre back, Robert Wilson this time.

I don't know who was meant to be marking who, but I would have though that the two centre backs shouldn't get free headers.

Jason Holt was the most skilful player on the park but flitted in and out the game. A special mention though for Angus Beith who came on at half time at left back. He had a torrid time with Danny Handling to start with, but after he went though him with a late challenge from behind (yellow card) midway through the 2nd half, he went from strength to strength, and didn't put a foot wrong or misplace a pass thereafter.

A special mention though for Angus Beith who came on at half time at left back. He had a torrid time with Danny Handling to start with, but after he went though him with a late challenge from behind (yellow card) midway through the 2nd half, he went from strength to strength, and didn't put a foot wrong or misplace a pass thereafter.

Which just goes to prove that letting your opponent 'know you're there' sometimes works a treat.

Particularly against the Shite :jj:

Chris Benoit

The first half was a non event. 2nd half, Hearts went ahead after Holt fed Carrick who drilled an angled low shot across the face of the goal and into the far corner.

Forster equalised for Hibs with a header from a corner on the right. Billy King put Hearts back in front when Carrick squared a ball to him about 8 yards out. He took a touch and fired the ball high into the net. Another corner on the right another equaliser for Hibs, The other centre back, Robert Wilson this time.

I don't know who was meant to be marking who, but I would have though that the two centre backs shouldn't get free headers.

Jason Holt was the most skilful player on the park but flitted in and out the game. A special mention though for Angus Beith who came on at half time at left back. He had a torrid time with Danny Handling to start with, but after he went though him with a late challenge from behind (yellow card) midway through the 2nd half, he went from strength to strength, and didn't put a foot wrong or misplace a pass thereafter.

Angus Beith, I'll remember that. How old is he? Was really unlucky with his pass over the top as neither of the Hearts players were offside and I was right behind the linesman. What was the name of the other lad who came on? Started brightly but looked like he got a sore one when he had a shot blocked from a corner.

Broxburn Jambo

I went to see this, I thought that we played the better stuff in the middle of the park and both our goals were well worked, but the defending at set pieces was woeful!!

jamboinglasgow

Angus Beith, I'll remember that. How old is he? Was really unlucky with his pass over the top as neither of the Hearts players were offside and I was right behind the linesman. What was the name of the other lad who came on? Started brightly but looked like he got a sore one when he had a shot blocked from a corner.

Second sub was Sam Nicholson. Thought it was a mixed match for the under 20s. First half was a scrappy affair typical of derbies. Hamill looked out of place, too often he would delay on the ball or simply lump it up the park when every around him was looking for the past or driving forward. When Angus Beith came on in the second half it seemed to focus Hearts more but failure to pick up on Hibs players in the set pieces cost us.

Did the wee guy from Two and a Half Men make an appearance?

Well...I was there, I didn't have much of an impact though.

Well...I was there, I didn't have much of an impact though.

lightweight :10900:

We_are_the_Hearts

Spoke to a neutral who said Hibs were the better team but there were good players in both teams.

Was told at game Angus Beith (known as Goose BTW) is still at school and only 15 ??? Certainly looks very young. He impressed me more than anyone else last night

Chris Benoit

Was told at game Angus Beith (known as Goose BTW) is still at school and only 15 ??? Certainly looks very young. He impressed me more than anyone else last night

Thought he could only have been around 16 hence the boyband references :lol:

Thought he could only have been around 16 hence the boyband references :lol:

Think he recently turned 17 but he is still at school!

Of those who attended we have had some good remarks and opinions of how they played last night

but

did any of them give the impression that they wil make the first team fairly soon?

Of those who attended we have had some good remarks and opinions of how they played last night

but

did any of them give the impression that they wil make the first team fairly soon?

I would doubt that other than those that already have a 1st team appearance or two that there would be any close to the first team, remember that the likes of Beith and McGhee among others have been fast tracked to the u-20's to cover for those we have already promoted to the first team and should really still be playing U-17's!

Footballfirst

but

I think that it is some of those more experienced players who didn't make an impression who should be more concerned.

Hamill was poor and his distribution was Robbiesque. Denis wanted to much time on the ball and Gordon Smith just didn't get into the game at all.

There will have to be changes for next Tuesday's game against St Mirren. Hamill will probably revert to the first team (although shouldn't on last night's form), Jack Hamilton, Billy and Adam King will all be away with Scotland U19s in Serbia.

Chris Benoit

I would doubt that other than those that already have a 1st team appearance or two that there would be any close to the first team, remember that the likes of Beith and McGhee among others have been fast tracked to the u-20's to cover for those we have already promoted to the first team and should really still be playing U-17's!

8 of the starting 11 had played first team football but to be honest it was the younger players who stood out.

Holt looked tidy and put in a good shift,

Prychenenko was ok but obviously still settling into a new position,

MacKay looked assured,

McGhee looks very strong in the tackle and should hopefully turn into a good fullback (played well on both sides)

Adam King looked good but too many stray passes to say he's ready for the step up,

Carrick scored one and set another up and would like to see him maybe get on from the start,

Gordon Smith looked disinterested,

David Smith was average,

Billy King was ok but little end product and fortunate with his goal, against better defenders wouldn't have got away with taking a touch before shooting,

Hamilton in goals could've maybe done better with the first goal but made some good saves throughout the game.

For me, Adam King was the most talented player on show. I felt that Holt looked classy, but flitted in and out of the game, I thought that McKay did okay and there were a few good saves from Hamilton but let's not talk about his distribution. Huge mention for the very talented lad Beith that came on. I felt he looked very comfortable on the ball and he replaced McGhee at left back who I felt sorry for as he was doing his best at left back despite being very right footed.

Disappointed with Hamill, Prychynenko (for a big lad he is dodgy heading the ball) and both Smith's. Gordon Smith, in particular, did nothing to suggest he wants to stay.

8 of the starting 11 had played first team football but to be honest it was the younger players who stood out.

Holt looked tidy and put in a good shift,

Prychenenko was ok but obviously still settling into a new position,

MacKay looked assured,

McGhee looks very strong in the tackle and should hopefully turn into a good fullback (played well on both sides)

Adam King looked good but too many stray passes to say he's ready for the step up,

Carrick scored one and set another up and would like to see him maybe get on from the start,

Gordon Smith looked disinterested,

David Smith was average,

Billy King was ok but little end product and fortunate with his goal, against better defenders wouldn't have got away with taking a touch before shooting,

Hamilton in goals could've maybe done better with the first goal but made some good saves throughout the game.

So, B.King scores a goal against hibs, and you still find a fault with it ? Dear lord. It was a decent goal. against Hibs. It seems most hearts folk that were there, were quite happy with it, ff Overall it was a hard game where the majority of the players gave their all. Some of our youngsters showed a lot more desire last night than what i had to witness last saturday at Aberdeen. In particular, angus at left back was very good, however, hearts deserved something out of last nights game and got a draw. Gordon Smith must be feeling it just now with his lack of involvement in first team football, so its understandable that he looks low in confidence. No-one in particular stood out last night, and no-one was particularly bad. So for you to start scrutinizing a goal (that WE scored) just seems ridiculous. Wonder which name you will reply to this post with.

Chris Benoit

So, B.King scores a goal against hibs, and you still find a fault with it ? Dear lord. It was a decent goal. against Hibs. It seems most hearts folk that were there, were quite happy with it, ff Overall it was a hard game where the majority of the players gave their all. Some of our youngsters showed a lot more desire last night than what i had to witness last saturday at Aberdeen. In particular, angus at left back was very good, however, hearts deserved something out of last nights game and got a draw. Gordon Smith must be feeling it just now with his lack of involvement in first team football, so its understandable that he looks low in confidence. No-one in particular stood out last night, and no-one was particularly bad. So for you to start scrutinizing a goal (that WE scored) just seems ridiculous. Wonder which name you will reply to this post with.

What are you trying to imply with the last sentence?

Seriously you're getting your knickers in a twist over **** all. In another game there's a good chance that if Billy King took that touch before shooting either the ball would have been cleared or the shot blocked. As it is he scored and well done to him and it was a good finish but that doesn't negate the point I made.

The King brother must have a few friends on here because as soon as anyone posts anything remotely negative about them there always some numbnut ready to jump all over it.

Archived