What happened to the Rangers effect............

Clerry Jambo

If Rangers were still in the league Hearts would probably be heading for the First Division right now :lol:

Had a look at some of the other statistic overviews. Here's a frightener...

Charlie Mulgrew has scored more than any Hearts player this season. :vrface:

No Jambos anywhere to be seen in the top 20.

Franklin Delano Bluth

I don't care what anybody says, ?20 is too expensive for a Hearts game, irrespective of how the team is performing, because chances are you're playing Saint F'in Mirren or someone equally as shite. ?20 is too expensive for any SPL game of football. It is a total horror show right now, you could go down the park and watch better standard on a Sunday morning.

Like I said on another thread, I paid ?5 for a ticket yesterday, still a rip off. There was nothing to get anyone excited and the most fun I had all afternoon were the chants directed at Fat Puyol in the Richard Donald Stand.

Francis Albert

I don't care what anybody says, ?20 is too expensive for a Hearts game, irrespective of how the team is performing, because chances are you're playing Saint F'in Mirren or someone equally as shite. ?20 is too expensive for any SPL game of football. It is a total horror show right now, you could go down the park and watch better standard on a Sunday morning.

Like I said on another thread, I paid ?5 for a ticket yesterday, still a rip off. There was nothing to get anyone excited and the most fun I had all afternoon were the chants directed at Fat Puyol in the Richard Donald Stand.

Ridiculous OTT nonsense.

The fact is a lot of people pay the current prices and it is extremely doubtful that a reduction in prices would increase revenue.

Franklin Delano Bluth

Ridiculous OTT nonsense.

The fact is a lot of people pay the current prices and it is extremely doubtful that a reduction in prices would increase revenue.

It is honestly not that much over the top. The players rifle the ball at one another when they make a pass, they all have the touch of a rapist, they stand about, don't make runs and end up thumping the ball up the park. Not one of them seem to have a footballing brain. The defence can't successfully do an offside trap, they get sucked and don't use their brain when defending and automatically run towards the ball whilst not watching runs.

I can honestly say I wouldn't have paid much more than ?5 for yesterday's standard.

kingantti1874

Didnt disagree tbh, but it doesn't matter - if they reduce prices the game will have to go part time to survive...

Scottish football is in a death spiral... There is no future without a radical radical rethink, fans and especiallu the next generation of fans are just not intersted in the product and wasting their Saturdays watching pub league players...pissing about with the format of the leagues and other token gestures won't make a difference...

kingantti1874

Ridiculous OTT nonsense.

It's not just extremely doubtful, it's a complete impossibility

Jambos_1874

It is too expensive but if it were any less I think clubs would be in far worse financial difficulty than they currently are. I doubt lowering the prices would increase attendances much though. People want to see good, entertaining and competitive football and that's rarely seen in the SPL unfortunately.

As for the Hun not being in the SPL, I don't think it's had any great impact at all. If anything it gives everyone else more of a chance and eliminates 50% of the scummy sectarian nonsense in the SPL. Just shows you that the "armageddon" the powers that be predicted was total b*llocks and typical of the pandering towards the Old Firm.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

This season has been. Considerably worse wothout the teddy bears.

In what way?

We are currently getting over 70% capacity at Tynecastle. What reduction in price do people think would result in generating more revenue?

Clearly ?6 or ?7 per game or even ?12 to ?14 per game would result in a substantial loss of revenue, even if the ground was full for every game. Which it wouldn't be.

Hearts find themselves with a bit of a problem here then. If we are running at 70% capacity we will struggle to increase revenue by pricing alone, and the only other way is to increase the capacity of the stadium.

We cannot afford a new stadium so time to get a standing section going if for nothing else increase in revenue.

scott herbertson

still no sign of the Hibs attendance on saturday on any website or newspaper

Was there really nobody at all there?

Clerry Jambo

Aye very strange indeed, even official site don't give it. Looking at their highlights it looked poor

kingantti1874

Aye very strange indeed, even official site don't give it. Looking at their highlights it looked poor

Was speaking to a hibby yesterday, said official attendance at game was 10,400 - said lucky if there was 7000 in reality

Nookie Bear

According to the SPL website, it appears not:

Result

Sat 30 March 2013, 3pm

V

logo_sw_Inverness_CT.gif

logo_sw_Hibernian.gif

-

(Half Time : 0 - 0)

Attendance: 0

Referee: Craig Thomson

Scorers

L Griffiths (59)

R Draper (48)

A Shinnie (65)

Guest Dipped Flake

I think Hearts have the prices for season tickets about right. Reducing matchday prices has been shown to have no real affect. As otherrs said, we are running at 70% capacity when we have had a terrible season. If we had been up at the top end of the table we would be nearer 80-90%, reducing priceswouldn't have added many fans and would cost the club money. sevco not being in the league has made not a jot of difference, despite the weegia trying their best to persuade us otherwise. The big issue with attendances this season has been us, hibs, aberdeen, dundee utd all having pretty crap seasons. Ross Country, Inverness doing well is great for them but they don't seem to have any latent support to boost their crowds

FarmerTweedy

........weren't fans going to return in "numbers" after the demise of "Oldco"

Pretty poor averages all round, although fair play to Dundee

http://stats.footbal.../PR/attend.html

I think it was more a case that fans were saying they would walk away in droves if newco were allowed to just waltz into the SPL (or 1st div) simply because of their size. As that didn't happen, attendances have largely held up despite the quality of football (and officiating) on show continuing to deteriorate.

FarmerTweedy

Very interesting post there are a lot of people who don't think price makes a difference.

The reason a lot of people don't think that price makes a difference is that when prices are reduced (for cup ties against lower league opposition, for instance) the attendances at those games are generally abysmal anyway.

:spoton:

Shite overpriced football is hardly going to encourage lapsed fans who have found more entertaining things to do on a Saturday.

Is it not about entertainment??

Beg to differ mate,

i was at the Linlithgow v Bo'ness game on Saturday

Quarter Final Junior Scottish Cup

Entry Fee ?6

Local Derby both set of fans dislike each other ... but no segregation ..Brilliant banter ..no trouble.

Result : Linlithgow 4 v 1 Bo'ness

Good game ..plenty of entertainment and excitement

Season Ticket holder at Tynecastle ..Wheatfield Stand

What have i saw nearly all season,

Medhi passback to Webster to Zal to Grainger to Webster to Medhi to Webster to Zal to Webster to McDonald

then blooter up the park

we don't win first ball nor second ball

when we do pick it up again then ....starts all over again

price does matter to an extent ...but you need entertained also .

KillieMitch

Pretty grim reading as a Killie fan those stats.

One point on price though ? I?m in favour of it being lower and I think that might bring some people back, but there are a lot of other factors. People always compare prices and crowds now with those in the past. Things have changed. My father in law didn?t go to the Killie v Hibs game a few weeks ago because it was on the TV. I always go to game when I can, but I can see the attraction. As he said to me ? I?ve got a massive HD telly, I can sit and drink a few beers and not pay for travel, sit in the cold and, obviously, the ticket. I don?t like it, but there?s a sense in which it?s hard to argue with him.

Add to that the fact that you can sit and watch better quality games on Sky, and not just one game, any number of games, and you can see that things are very different to the old ?3 a ticket days. Even relatively recently, going to the games was the only way to see them and we didn?t have highlights, BBC Alba, streams etc. The problems go a lot deeper than ticket price and some of them I?m not sure we can solve.

If Rangers were still in the league Hearts would probably be heading for the First Division right now :lol:

The paradox being that we would be better off if the The Rangers were still in our league.

1- everyone who has won 2 or 3 games against Dundee (ie everyone but us) would not have repeated those results against Der Hun.

2- the smellies would be playing at 100% every week and not dropping points to St Mirren and the like.

This seasons results would probably have us comfortably in the top 6 last season. Go figure.

Diadora Van Basten

The reason a lot of people don't think that price makes a difference is that when prices are reduced (for cup ties against lower league opposition, for instance) the attendances at those games are generally abysmal anyway.

I think that there are two points the first is would more people come to football if the price was cheaper and I think they would.

The second is could the increase in people attending lead to an increase in total revenue and i am not convinced that this would be the case.

Nookie Bear

Pretty grim reading as a Killie fan those stats.

One point on price though ? I?m in favour of it being lower and I think that might bring some people back, but there are a lot of other factors. People always compare prices and crowds now with those in the past. Things have changed. My father in law didn?t go to the Killie v Hibs game a few weeks ago because it was on the TV. I always go to game when I can, but I can see the attraction. As he said to me ? I?ve got a massive HD telly, I can sit and drink a few beers and not pay for travel, sit in the cold and, obviously, the ticket. I don?t like it, but there?s a sense in which it?s hard to argue with him.

Add to that the fact that you can sit and watch better quality games on Sky, and not just one game, any number of games, and you can see that things are very different to the old ?3 a ticket days. Even relatively recently, going to the games was the only way to see them and we didn?t have highlights, BBC Alba, streams etc. The problems go a lot deeper than ticket price and some of them I?m not sure we can solve.

The saturation of football on our screens is the one single factor that is killing the game up here. Whether it's fans drifting away to watch better products on HD tvs or our games being shifted all over the weekend to accommodate tv, it is a real long-term problem.

And what do we gain from this financially? A few patronising crumbs thrown our way by companies who pay obscene amounts to beam Norwich v Stoke into our living rooms.

would more people come to football if the price was cheaper and I think they would.

It depends on how much cheaper.

If ?24 is too much for a match is ?20 cheap enough?

If it was would that not mean that if people were eager to come to a match and ?20 was their limit then the old stand and other cheaper areas of the ground should sell out every week.

That's not the case, so what should the price be?

?15? But would that be for a cheapest seat or an expensive one?

As other clubs have shown dropping prices for one off matches or a few matches doesn't dramatically increase attendance and in the current situation nobody can afford to drop the prices across the board all season.

Petrie let the methadone mob invite a junky for free even that failed.

Clerry Jambo

Petrie let the methadone mob invite a junky for free even that failed.

I notice they still haven't publicly announced their crowd for last Saturday..........

........weren't fans going to return in "numbers" after the demise of "Oldco"

Pretty poor averages all round, although fair play to Dundee

http://stats.football365.com/dom/SCO/PR/attend.html

Some have been put off by the way the old co situation was dealt with and are struggling to even keep the slightest bit of interest in our game. I'd love my feelings to change but I couldn't give a white turd for Scottish football right now. It feels like part of me has died.

Some have been put off by the way the old co situation was dealt with and are struggling to even keep the slightest bit of interest in our game. I'd love my feelings to change but I couldn't give a white turd for Scottish football right now. It feels like part of me has died.

If anyone wasnt going to games for that reason alone,im not sure they are an actual fan. Either that or they just dont get what being a fan is all about.

Pathetic, absolutely pathetic.

If anyone wasnt going to games for that reason alone,im not sure they are an actual fan. Either that or they just dont get what being a fan is all about.

Pathetic, absolutely pathetic.

It's quite a huge reason if you have the mental capacity to analyse it. You quite clearly don't. You are of course entitled to your opinion regardless.

To question if someone was/is an actual fan because they feel the way I described isn't really understanding the situation. I certainly understand what it is to be a fan. To live, and to breathe Hearts.

Archived