Virgin media problem ( capped usage )

Better call Saul

Better call Saul

Called them said ' why is my Internet only giving my 3meg ?' When pay for 20

They said ' after mucking around for 5 minutes

You have been capped as you are over your usage allowance !!!!!! Turn off your Internet tonight and it should be improved in the morning

Never in my 10 years have I ever heard this !

Or is it in the small print ?

3 xboxes..3 iPhones a few tablets here and there nothing out of the ordinary there ...is there ? O aye and two pcs not always running

Is this chap at it ?

It happened to me a couple of years back and this is what it was.

Spyware/virus that constantly used download bandwidth without my knowledge so they capped it, so check your pc m8 ;)

Mark_Mywords

Here is their traffic shaping policy for your broadband mate. The guy on the phone maybe didn't know what your problem was and simply assumed it was because you have went over your allocated usage as your broadband should be been reduced to 5Mbit, not 3Mbit.

STM20MblargeA.jpg

Better call Saul

It happened to me a couple of years back and this is what it was.

Spyware/virus that constantly used download bandwidth without my knowledge so they capped it, so check your pc m8 ;)

What's best to get rid of spyware ? Kids use the pc for all sorts I go on it and there is two new toolbars installed Ns my home page has been changed to some bollocks

Better call Saul

Here is their traffic shaping policy for your broadband mate...

STM20MblargeA.jpg

Interesting ! :wink:

What's best to get rid of spyware ? Kids use the pc for all sorts I go on it and there is two new toolbars installed Ns my home page has been changed to some bollocks

Ok, get malwarebytes scanner and remover. Its a free edition that will find anything wrong, search malwarebytes in google, itll be the top result.

Avast is a good free anti virus.

3 xboxes... Why dude?!

Me too. 2 kids, xbox in each bedroom and one in the living room.

All hooked up to xbox live through virgin. Kids play each other on minecraft etc....you'd be amazed at the reduction in fall outs that acheives...

Oh, both seem to gang up on me on red dead redemption though....shooting dads horse with a sniper rifle from the top of a mountain is fun apparently...

They've probably said it wrong.

You probably aren't capped but had it temporarily reduced because you've used a lot.

One downside of VM imo.

www.superantispyware.com

the free one does the job

Archived