We Got Beat But still Have 19th May

The Don

Im getting in first, it seems the norm on KB these days when we get beat to start a thread about the cup final last year to make ourselves feel better.

5-1 FTH

maroonlegions

Win ,loose or draw nothing can take away that historical glorious day on the 19th of May.

"OH THE 19TH OF MAY"

"OH THE 19TH OF MAY"

"WE FECKED THE HIBS 5-1"

"AND WE WON THE BIG CUP"

"OH THE 19TH OF MAY"

1998_583023565057551_52965746_n.jpg

Win ,loose or draw nothing can take away that historical glorious day on the 19th of May.

"OH THE 19TH OF MAY"

"OH THE 19TH OF MAY"

"WE FECKED THE HIBS 5-1"

"AND WE WON THE BIG CUP"

"OH THE 19TH OF MAY"

1998_583023565057551_52965746_n.jpg

correct "That Day" will never be taken away, thats why im posting, we got beat but still have 19th May. Its a kind of OCD that many on here can relate to :)

Sorry to piss on your party guys, but that was then, this is now. Wont ever forget that day, but we cant live in the past, it just seems to me that every other post on JKB refers to this day, and for me its getting boring. Maybe mods might be thinking about putting all references to that magnificent day on to the one merged super-sticky thread.

Maybe then we'll have something else to discuss & argue about.

Arnold Rothstein

Sorry to piss on your party guys, but that was then, this is now. Wont ever forget that day, but we cant live in the past, it just seems to me that every other post on JKB refers to this day, and for me its getting boring. Maybe mods might be thinking about putting all references to that magnificent day on to the one merged super-sticky thread.

**** off

**** off

Oh well thats me telt then! always nice to get an intelligent well-informed & reasoned response

Its the hobos that need to move on not us...:lol:

This season is over apart from another derby, and what a way to look foward to it than our last win against the shite.

5-1 ya hobo welts...share your pain

:pleasing:

argy may not have put his point across well (and to be honest I might not either) but I'm kind of in his camp

whenever there is a poor result or bad news it seems to me that some folk wheel 19th May like a comfort blanket

I loved it and I love reminiscing about it but it should be a yard stick for teams to measure themselves against not a reason to excuse mediocrity

Fermit the Krog

We should have all just sacked it on the Monday morning after, tbh.

Nothing will ever come close again so what's the point?

argy may not have put his point across well (and to be honest I might not either) but I'm kind of in his camp

whenever there is a poor result or bad news it seems to me that some folk wheel 19th May like a comfort blankets

I loved it and I love reminiscing about it but it should be a yard stick for teams to measure themselves against not a reason to excuse mediocrity

The 19th of may is wheeled around all the time, not just when we lose. The 5-1 thread is still going strong.

Its the people criticising the use thats the issue, especially as that's the only time its criticised.

Hmmmmm...

The 19th of may is wheeled around all the time, not just when we lose. The 5-1 thread is still going strong.

Its the people criticising the use thats the issue, especially as that's the only time its criticised.

Hmmmmm...

Right ****wit, read my post again I love the 19th May stuff

What I don't like (and this thread is a key example as are some comments after the League Cup Final) is the comments that do come out after shite results that it doesn't matter because of the 19th May

That's the talk of a loser imo

maroonlegions

We should all move on to the ...............................................

celebrations of the up coming anniversary of the 19th of May :smuggy:

oh how the Hobos would love us to "move on" and shut up about the their biggest embarrassment in their history in front of a world wide audience, if people find solace in that historical result then good on them, was it not them going on about a result from the 70s, well feck em ,its our turn and as they know the 5-1 trumped that big time,

He hasn't put it across in the best way bt the sentiment is correct. Great day which can never be taken away from us but we should be concerned with the here and now.

maroonlegions

We should all move on to the ...............................................

celebrations of the up coming anniversary of the 19th of May :smuggy:

oh how the Hobos would love us to "move on" and shut up about the their biggest embarrassment in their history in front of a world wide audience, if people find solace in that historical result then good on them, was it not them going on about a result from the 70s, well feck em ,its our turn and as they know the 5-1 trumped that big time,

Some people find solace in a drink i find solace in our historical pumping of the wee team, yes we are shite just now but its my way of cheering up.

rossthejambo

whenever there is a poor result or bad news it seems to me that some folk wheel 19th May like a comfort blanket

This is kind of where I am with this tbh.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

We will see on the anniversary of the greatest day in football ever if any of the greetin faced mumpers on this thread are joining in with the celebrations.

We will see on the anniversary of the greatest day in football ever if any of the greetin faced mumpers on this thread are joining in with the celebrations.

Street parties?

Fermit the Krog

Street parties?

I don't think the mods would have acted on your admission of trolling tbh.

Invitation only and none for the torn faced mumpers.

no need to concentrate on any other results now, season is over lets just concentrate on making the 19th May a great day and celebrate the 1st anniversary in style.

I feel all warm and fuzzy already like todays result never happened.

The Great Khali

:facepalm:

Shite comment

The final was and probably always be, the greatest day of my footballing life but if we're honest with ourselves it means **** all when it comes to getting pumped from a team who hadnt scored against us in 800 odd minutes or whatever it was.

It means **** all when we have failed to score against Hibs this season.

If it makes folk happier to ignore all the shite and just say "it's sound, we've got the 19th May" then that's fine. Whatever works for you.

Its just all a bit Hibs and 7-0 for me though.

Right ****wit, read my post again I love the 19th May stuff

What I don't like (and this thread is a key example as are some comments after the Leagues Cup Final) is the comments that do come out after shite results that it doesn't matter because of the 19th May

That's the talk of a loser imo

Calm your beans son. I know we lost and the tension is high...

My point is although I dont start them, I do not go out to critise people if they do.

:facepalm:

Its how some get through a bad time. Remembering the 5-1. And if thats what they need then let them.

We are as it happens going through a pretty bad time

:sob:

Jambos_1874

The final was and probably always be, the greatest day of my footballing life but if we're honest with ourselves it means **** all when it comes to getting pumped from a team who hadnt scored against us in 800 odd minutes or whatever it was.

It means **** all when we have failed to score against Hibs this season.

If it makes folk happier to ignore all the shite and just say "it's sound, we've got the 19th May" then that's fine. Whatever works for you.

Its just all a bit Hibs and 7-0 for me though.

This. The final will never be topped. It was unbelievably good. Can't say it gives me much comfort when we're struggling against teams like Dundee and have put in yet another crap performance. I'll enjoy winding up the Hibees for years to come but 19/05/12 isn't going to solve any of our many current problems.

The irony of us constantly going on about past glory after being beaten by a team that constantly goes on about past glory is not lost on me :whistling:

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

I barely even think about the 19th of May. I'll raise a glass to the years anniversary but that is it.

We have been a disgrace since that final whistle went.

The 19th of May will be something we can eternal bask in and recall but i want more memories of victory.....i want Hearts to be at the right end of the table every season and challenging for cups......

I don`t want us disappearing into oblivion , letting our standards go and all the good work done by previous good sides seem like a pointless effort to instill a winniing mentality at the club.

Life goes on and so does football, i said at the start of the season Heart of Midlothian should always be ready, ready to compete and uphold its tradition of being one of the strongest teams.....well, we`ve failed miserably on that front this season.

Its time the players at the club who may be left to carry the baton next season amid the cutbacks etc...to realise they have to give more in body and mind and stop fecking feeling sorry for themselves......i want us back in finals and in the top 3 somewhere asap, not interested in sob stories.

Now, wheres my cup final dvd? :curtain:

The Great Khali

Bar Liverpool ties that sentence is scarily accurate.

spot on, I fear future failings will continue to be quickly covered with this.

There ups and downs in supporting a club like Hearts.

But ffs, don't berate people for reminiscing or enjoying what happened less than a year ago.

Losers mentality?

:rofl:

Right then. Lets not delight in what might be our last trophy for a decade or so.

:cornette:

I expect none of you miserable ****s to be on ANY of the anniversary threads.

You've set your stall out.

As for me and my household, we'll be lapping it up likes.

Fermit the Krog

I barely even think about the 19th of May. I'll raise a glass to the years anniversary but that is it.

So have I on nights out tbh.

3 pints and I'm all over it.

Carnage.

I pity you barely thinking about it.

rossthejambo

Wait, so because people think that bringing up the 19th after every shite performance is getting old, these people are now banned from gloating at other more opportune moments?

Wonderful stuff

Wait, so because people think that bringing up the 19th after every shite performance is getting old, these people are now banned from gloating at other more opportune moments?

Wonderful stuff

A warning to hypocrites.....:lol:

This thread and oneupmanship wouldn't exist had we taken care of st mirren a couple of weeks ago..

Archived