Where can I buy/acquire a used whisky barrel?

Armageddon

hey what is it to be used for?

Im looking to acquire a 5litre barrel, i know you can buy these online etc, cost about ?150 ea tho

you could maybe speak to Innis and gunn or whisky companies. tho could be expensive

hey what is it to be used for?

Im looking to acquire a 5litre barrel, i know you can buy these online etc, cost about ?150 ea tho

you could maybe speak to Innis and gunn or whisky companies. tho could be expensive

Wife has seen a bench, it is cool but to buy it was ?220!! Seems very simple to make but obviously the oak would need a bit of work to get it into a decent condition.

After an empty, full size whisky barrel. Any ideas?

Think you might struggle to be honest, most companies are repairing and recharring casks now, so very few are getting cowped. If they do, they tend to be sold to the lucrative planter market!

I was looking to age some spirits with the one i was after. I looked online and even old ones are being bought up by bars and stuff to give em a rustic look. Think you will be lucky to get one for cheaper than ?220 but good luck :)

im using my friends barrels to age my vermouth, spending more than ?100 on one right now isnt my top priority!

I'd suggest the Speyside Cooperage.

http://www.speysidecooperage.co.uk

They used to have an outlet (it was a few years back that I visited), the visitor experience is actually very worthwhile also.

I'd go with this, as they're by far the biggest cooperage in the UK.

:thumb:

Archived