Discomfort after car accident insurance calls

Phage

I throw open to the wealth of knowledge that is JKB. After a fairly minor car accident where someone rammed into the back of my car I have been receiving phone calls from solicitors and dare I say ambulance chasers.

The impact was about 10-15mph and quite a dunt. Although initially I felt alright my back did hurt for weeks after. Never pursued any sort of claim until now. Appartently the other driver received betweek 2-3 grand for discomfort. And the solicitor that called me up recommend I file a similar claim.

The other driver accepted full responsiblilty for the collision. And I never went to the doctors or ER for my injuries. My back did hurt but being quite tall back pain has become a common complaint in my aging years.

So I throw it open to JKB anyone had experience of this sort of thing?

Should I just ignore the phone calls? Obviously i made it onto some sort of list as I have had a few calls about it.

What would you do?

They even know I had a passenger and seem hopeful he might have some injuries as well... seems like they are trying to encourage a claim from both of us...

Go for it.

My bursd had a smash in my car in January, not her fault and in fact the 3rd party's insurance has already paid out.

Don't expect a quick payout though, she called the claim solicitors today and they said that the 3rd party has 3 months to admit or deny liability, strange that they've already admitted liability to our insurers but there you go.

She had fairly minor injuries, wee bit of whiplash but I'm hoping she might score a few quid from it.

I throw open to the wealth of knowledge that is JKB. After a fairly minor car accident where someone rammed into the back of my car I have been receiving phone calls from solicitors and dare I say ambulance chasers.

The impact was about 10-15mph and quite a dunt. Although initially I felt alright my back did hurt for weeks after. Never pursued any sort of claim until now. Appartently the other driver received betweek 2-3 grand for discomfort. And the solicitor that called me up recommend I file a similar claim.

The other driver accepted full responsiblilty for the collision. And I never went to the doctors or ER for my injuries. My back did hurt but being quite tall back pain has become a common complaint in my aging years.

So I throw it open to JKB anyone had experience of this sort of thing?

Should I just ignore the phone calls? Obviously i made it onto some sort of list as I have had a few calls about it.

What would you do?

They even know I had a passenger and seem hopeful he might have some injuries as well... seems like they are trying to encourage a claim from both of us...

they probably just guessed you had a passenger! I wasn't even in my car when it was written off and have been recievin calls about compensation... Don't think ill be able to claim anything though.. Lol.

Cairneyhill Jambo

I would imagine you're too late now. You should have went to your doc within a couple of days and you would have been guaranteed a pay out.

Someone drove into the back of me once. I did suffer whiplash and got about two grand as a payout.

The bird who drive into me worked at same place as me. I didn't know her at all, but she sent me a pretty arsey email after the crash, asking/demanding I didn't pursue an injury claim, as it would increase her premiums. She was such a dick about it, it actually inspired me to raise a claim. I told her to **** off, and that if she was going to drive into the back of people at a red light, she should be paying higher premiums.

I had some eastern european, possibly Polish, drive into the back of me last June while stopped at a give way.

He clearly didn't have insurance and my insurer, Aviva, gave up chasing him after he didn't respond to their letters. Its now in the hands of the Police, but I haven't heard from them for a while.

The lesson I learned from this is get a better insurance company that deals with uninsured drivers. Aviva were going to make me pay to get the car fixed at their chosen garage at an overinflated price. I told them I would not accept that and they needed to get liability sorted first. I also received calls from their ambulance chaser department as well, which really pissed me off. Perhaps my mistake was being honest and saying I wasn't hurt in the accident.

So I could have not only been the victim of an accident but have to pay for it myself at a price I could get cheaper elsewhere. I also had to do all the legwork as they seemed to not be interested in doing anything other than send out a few letters.

I'll be looking for a better insurance company in May when the insurance is up.

I got a call the other day about my recent crash..... I must have amnesia.....

Go for it....

She had fairly minor injuries, wee bit of whiplash but I'm hoping she might score a few quid from it.

...and everyone else s insurance claims go up as a result. :thumb:

[/size]

...and everyone else s insurance claims go up as a result. :thumb:

Probably the same folk who then moan about the cost of their premiums going up every year.

Do you think that if nobody claimed for anything the insurance policy would be free?

ps, you did notice the bit where I mentioned that she had an injury???

Do you think that if nobody claimed for anything the insurance policy would be free?

ps, you did notice the bit where I mentioned that she had an injury???

We have the highest claims for whiplash injury anywhere in Europe - twice the number of any comparable country.

It's also understood there's a massive problem with bogus claims and no; I don't think insurance would be free if no-one claimed, but my policy (and yours) would be about ?110 cheaper if rapacious bar stewards pretending to be injured and inconvenienced didn't exist..

Hope the bird gets the compensation shes deserves for her genuine minor injuries.

I had some eastern european, possibly Polish, drive into the back of me last June while stopped at a give way.

He clearly didn't have insurance and my insurer, Aviva, gave up chasing him after he didn't respond to their letters. Its now in the hands of the Police, but I haven't heard from them for a while.

The lesson I learned from this is get a better insurance company that deals with uninsured drivers. Aviva were going to make me pay to get the car fixed at their chosen garage at an overinflated price. I told them I would not accept that and they needed to get liability sorted first. I also received calls from their ambulance chaser department as well, which really pissed me off. Perhaps my mistake was being honest and saying I wasn't hurt in the accident.

So I could have not only been the victim of an accident but have to pay for it myself at a price I could get cheaper elsewhere. I also had to do all the legwork as they seemed to not be interested in doing anything other than send out a few letters.

I'll be looking for a better insurance company in May when the insurance is up.

I'm with Aviva, the other person was insured and it was 100% HER fault, as my car was parked. But it's taken nearly 2 months and her insurance still hasn't accepted liability even with the police report, how long does an insurer get to "look over" the documents. Obviously she was too scared to tell her insurance as she was already driving a courtesy car after crashing 2 days previous.

Getting a bit peeved off at the length of time it's taken. Finally get a new car back on Wednesday though. Absolute joke.

That's not even mentioning the structural damage to the house she's done...

Although my back did hurt I probably left it too late. Just got on with it. So whereas bogus calims do push insurance up.... there's dafties like me keeping them a little lower not going to doctors or chasing something I might have been entitled too.

Although the real problem seems to be solicitors. I have had two calls advising me to say 'this' hurt for that 'amount' of time. Anyway thanks for the stories ill probably just ignore the calls and get on with looking in the rearview mirror.

Was in an accident in 2010 and still get calls to this day.

Never claimed even though I probably could have.

I'm with Aviva, the other person was insured and it was 100% HER fault, as my car was parked. But it's taken nearly 2 months and her insurance still hasn't accepted liability even with the police report, how long does an insurer get to "look over" the documents. Obviously she was too scared to tell her insurance as she was already driving a courtesy car after crashing 2 days previous.

Getting a bit peeved off at the length of time it's taken. Finally get a new car back on Wednesday though. Absolute joke.

That's not even mentioning the structural damage to the house she's done...

Its nine months since the accident and this is still outstanding for me.

My case isn't much different from yours. I was stopped at a give way on a T junction and the car behind ran into the back of me. Pretty clear cut.

I got out of the car and the other driver immediately said he had a problem with his brakes, which is perhaps not surprising if the car wasn't insured or MOT'd.

• 2 months later...

Folk get injured and the first thing they think of is money.

Yaaassss! Compensation!

Sad.

Settlement today.

Not sad at all.

Actually feels a wee bit like this

:wonga::brucey: :silvio: :smugger::pleasingao::verysmug:yas!.gif :phreemunney: :munny::pleasing:

Settlement today.

Not sad at all.

Actually feels a wee bit like this

:wonga::brucey: :silvio: :smugger::pleasingao::verysmug:yas!.gif :phreemunney: :munny::pleasing:

Donating it all to the club since its "free money" ???

Donating it all to the club since its "free money" ???

Read the thread mate, it's not mine to give away :(

Are you allowed to claim off one ambulance chaser for trauma suffered answering repeated cold calls from another?

Did anyone else read the thread title and think the OP had somehow picked up an injury through repeatedly lifting up his phone to answer spam calls about insurance claims?

Someone drove into the back of me once. I did suffer whiplash and got about two grand as a payout.

The bird who drive into me worked at same place as me. I didn't know her at all, but she sent me a pretty arsey email after the crash, asking/demanding I didn't pursue an injury claim, as it would increase her premiums. She was such a dick about it, it actually inspired me to raise a claim. I told her to **** off, and that if she was going to drive into the back of people at a red light, she should be paying higher premiums.

:lol:

I should have claimed for a head on smash I was a passenger in a few years ago. Really hurt the muscles/tendons between my ribs and breastbone, agony for weeks. I didn't because I worked with the old guy responsible and I was na?ve. Anyone who wants to steal money from any insurance company/bank/credit card company/lender should bash on and take as much as they can get. It's not over-claiming that pushes up premiums to unacceptable levels, its the fact that all financial institutions are run by dirty greedy *******s.

Brian Whittaker's Tache

Bloke ran into the back of me at the bottom of Easter Rd a couple of years ago.

He was an off duty copper (he claimed) and a complete bell chief. My car was worth about ?250, a total banger and tbh I'd have left it if he'd been cool and accepted responsibility there and then, I'd have been cool with him weighing me in for the tail light that was the only thing that really needed replacing.

Instead it went thru the insurance and I ended up with two large in my hip the next week as the guy from the insurance company couldnt believe I wasnt claiming for whiplash so they paid out generously staright away.

Archived