This is what St.Mirren fans thought of us after Sunday

j1964m

Van zanten reads kickback?

:rofl:

Aye he was giving it big licks after the final on twitter. Posted a link to a thread on here :lol:

I've read all this... And I still don't like St Mirren, St Mirren supporters or Paisley. :(

The problem with the internet is that it give some seriously stupid people a forum. I was born and brought up in Edinburgh and have lived in and around Paisley for 30 years. I've not met any animosity from St. Mirren supporters; in fact they tend to have a degree on kinship with us because we share a dislike of the Old Firm.

Indeed, in the aftermath of Sunday both the local rag (the Paisley Daily Express) and the supporters I've spoken with have been nothing but honest. They scored three great goals, we should have buried them in the first half and they feel rather sorry for Ryan Stevenson.

In the same way that this forum attracts a number of crackpots, so will St. Mirren forums. That's me said my piece. Let the abuse begin....

Francis Albert

What a mean spirited bunch some of us are. St Mirren saved us from a probable thrashing by Celtic in the final, and I for one share the views of most of the St Mirren fans' posts - games not involving either half of the OF are far pleasanter experiences.

I bet "DVZ" used to read kickback all the time when he was at Hibs.

Dave- enjoy the victory but you're still pish.

The problem with the internet is that it give some seriously stupid people a forum. I was born and brought up in Edinburgh and have lived in and around Paisley for 30 years. I've not met any animosity from St. Mirren supporters; in fact they tend to have a degree on kinship with us because we share a dislike of the Old Firm.

Indeed, in the aftermath of Sunday both the local rag (the Paisley Daily Express) and the supporters I've spoken with have been nothing but honest. They scored three great goals, we should have buried them in the first half and they feel rather sorry for Ryan Stevenson.

In the same way that this forum attracts a number of crackpots, so will St. Mirren forums. That's me said my piece. Let the abuse begin....

The only way you will get abuse is from the crackpots you mention.Some boys I know are still nursing hangovers after partying since Sunday.

The telling thing is,to a man,they have nothing but praise for us as fans and as a team.No real surprise that fans of any club outside the old firm have a similar outlook to us.

Franklin Delano Bluth

People don't take Kickback seriously, right?

:cornette:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

You won't get any abuse from me... I don't know you from Adam. :D

Fact remains though... I don't like St Mirren,St Mirren fans or Paisley. :)

The above has nothing to do with my level of intelligence though, its to do with the ugly bleak environment of the town, the repulsive nasal drawl of the locals and the history of that particular club.

Fair play to them. We had the best chances but they put theirs away and played better looking football. No complaints.

AULD REEKIE

3,000 "humans" who condone bribery in organised football, and attend more games at Parkhead than they do at whatever their own shitey wee pish hole is called now.

Aye, I'll worry about what they think.

Agree 100% i was there in 86 i know what they did.

Sorry but, I didn't like St Mirren before Sunday. I hate them twice as much now. No well wishing is going to change that in a hurry.

There`s a video or two on Youtube of the game from the st mirren end panning right out onto the pitch with the whole Hearts end in view. It catches our opener and a couple of songs being boomed out from our end.

Just type in stmirren v hearts and its called St Mirren on tour.............jf yer interested............i know a few on here like the youtube stuff.

My brother and I were speaking to a few St. Mirren fans before the game. The only fans I have bother with are the gruesome twosome, all other fans support their local teams. Yes even the wee team!

I'm not normally one to judge but they all looked kinda poor.

Tbf I wasn't exactly suited and booted myself

Jambos_1874

They seem to be generally complimentray towards us on their forum and I had no problems talking with St.Mirren fans before (but not after!) the game. There was a decent atmosphere at the game in terms of it being a family environment which is a stark contrast to when we/they play the Old Firm in any competition. I've got a lot of respect for anyone from Paisley, Motherwell, Kilmarnock etc who supports their local team rather than those two uttterly pathetic, sectarian, parnaoid teams that constitute the Old Firm. As for '86, I think any genuine St.Mirren fan shares our hatred of the Old Firm and they will have been equally disgusted by their teams performance on that fateful day. Congratulations to them on their cup victory and lets at least be thankful that another cup final was OF-free zone.

There was a St Mirren fan on the train back to Edinburgh in our carriage. He'd reserved a seat at a table of 3 Hearts fans, and we were sitting right beside them, at the other table. There was some mild banter (including "Aye, your seats outside!") but what was great is there was no issue with the result of the game at all. He was quite happy to admit we should have steamrollered them, and could have easily won, and everyone was gracious in our defeat.

The Hearts supporters at the table had a crate of beers with them, and they shared a few cans with the guy which I thought was ace. Just a group of football fans enjoying (us not as much as him tbf) their day out. :thumbsup:

Bet your ass if it was an OF team, or Hibs, there would have been nothing of the sort, and the atmosphere would have been poison before, during and after.

However, for every fan like that, we seem to have some utter roasters as well. The thing is, these people stand out in a crowd, and draw attention to themselves, tarring all of us with the same brush.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

The Hearts supporters at the table had a crate of beers with them, and they shared a few cans with the guy which I thought was ace.

Probably was Ace... Was it an eight pack?

Probably was Ace... Was it an eight pack?

And If it cost more than ?1.49 for eight you've been had.

"They seem to have a forum full of idiots which gives them a bad name..."

I've no idea how their fans behave on their forum. I would rather clean my teeth with dogs dirt than go on another teams fans forum. If that's how they get their kicks then good luck to them.

Recognise one or two of the moans... The guys singing the "anti-McGarvey" song in the "family pub" could easily have been me and my group. They'd let loads of F's and B's go, but apparently the owner doesn't like the W word! (We stopped immediately when asked).

"The Proclaimers have let themselves go" story could have been my mate as well... He reacted to something that was said as we were leaving the Ivory, I didn't hear what it was at the time and just told him to stop being a dick... Thankfully I'm not the other Proclaimer as I have dark hair and no glasses.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

They seem to be generally complimentray towards us on their forum and I had no problems talking with St.Mirren fans before (but not after!) the game. There was a decent atmosphere at the game in terms of it being a family environment which is a stark contrast to when we/they play the Old Firm in any competition. I've got a lot of respect for anyone from Paisley, Motherwell, Kilmarnock etc who supports their local team rather than those two uttterly pathetic, sectarian, parnaoid teams that constitute the Old Firm. As for '86, I think any genuine St.Mirren fan shares our hatred of the Old Firm and they will have been equally disgusted by their teams performance on that fateful day. Congratulations to them on their cup victory and lets at least be thankful that another cup final was OF-free zone.

I agree completely with this post. :thumbsup:

3fingersreid

Nothing but hatred towards that tainted club .

How the sfa never took action against one player who openly admitted to not trying a leg and another who was celebrating in the sheltic changing room after the game in 86 was probably the first time I realised all in Scottish football wasn't quite as it should have been

I would also point out if we had done our job properly it wouldn't have mattered but you still expect PROFESSIONAL football players to be that ....professional

You won't get any abuse from me... I don't know you from Adam. :D

Fact remains though... I don't like St Mirren,St Mirren fans or Paisley. :)

The above has nothing to do with my level of intelligence though, its to do with the ugly bleak environment of the town, the repulsive nasal drawl of the locals and the history of that particular club.

:lol:

Don't hold back now, let it all out.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

:lol:

Don't hold back now, let it all out.

:D

Everything has to have some deep psychological rrason and mean something else, though, eh? It can't just be accepted that I don't like a place? It must be that it makes me really Shan or something... Good grief.

I also hate Lanarkshire and find it grim, bleak, boggy and depressing... I can literally feel the joy drain out of my life whenever I have to go there... The place is full of dementors, likes. *shudder*

Well done St Mirren. Their fans are alright, and they deserve to celebrate all week.

The extreme views on here from the usual suspects are 90% wind up and 10% stupidity.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Well done St Mirren. Their fans are alright, and they deserve to celebrate all week.

The extreme views on here from the usual suspects are 90% wind up and 10% stupidity.

Aye, okay, sorry Sydney. I'll either lie about my honest opinion next time or run it past you for approval first. :rolleyes:

Sharing beers with a cheat consenting, bribe taking, scaff?

Nah.

It wasn't the fans who, arguably, cheated and accepted bribes was it?

Look at this way: You could have legally shared a beer with people of eight different ages who were not even ALIVE in 1986.

3fingersreid

Look at this way: You could have legally shared a beer with people of eight different ages who were not even ALIVE in 1986.

Arguably cheated ?!

Glad some of them appreciate the fine supporters of Heart of Midlothian.

Was on a carriage full of them on the way from the ground to Central. Not a peep out of any of them, many looked particularly glum. Probably due to that overriding sense of guilt that must encompass their entire lives.

Aye, okay, sorry Sydney. I'll either lie about my honest opinion next time or run it past you for approval first. :rolleyes:

my post wasnt directed at any individual.

and just because i disagree with posters views, it doesnt mean i want them to stop posting.

although i find the fact you responded interesting indeed......

Stupid Sexy Flanders

I don't think any of their players have ever been accused of taking bribes. I thought the whole point was that they didn't NEED a financial incentive to lie down to Celtic.

I found many of the St Mirren fans quite strange after the match. They had just won the cup but didn't look exactly overjoyed. Then it dawned on me, they've probably never been to a St Mirren game before and wouldn't be able to find their ground with a map and a compass.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I found many of the St Mirren fans quite strange after the match. They had just won the cup but didn't look exactly overjoyed. Then it dawned on me, they've probably never been to a St Mirren game before and wouldn't be able to find their ground with a map and a compass.

They just always look a wee bit vacant to me. One expression fits all.

Arguably cheated ?!

Do you really think it is definitive fact? It's likely, but it cannot be deemed wholly conclusive.

3fingersreid

Do you really think it is definitive fact? It's likely, but it cannot be deemed wholly conclusive.

When one of their players who played on that fateful day has openly admitted to not trying a leg against celtic that does it for me

Appologies if this upsets you but I despise that club

Its definitely an age thing with them - anyone under 30 doesn't really give a shit, they know the story but it doesn't hurt as bad as it does for the over 30's who witnessed that day.

Like other's, I've meet St Mirren fans who were there that day - the majority are disgusted by the accusations that their team took a dive. It doesn't matter however we all know some of their team did - and so do they!

However, we should have had that league wrapped up before the last day and even then we should have had a penalty early doors and then the tic could've won by 20 and it wouldn't have mattered. Still hurts however and I'll never forgive that club.

I do know though that a lot of their fans hate the OF - and hate any association with them - its a bit like the huns without bus fare tag we carry around.

St Mirren are ******* vermin.

Despised them before, during and after Sunday.

Irrelevant bog-dwelling trash.

My sentiments entirely. The only positive I can take from that lot is no bigoted singing mind you they weren't exactly known for their singing as it is. And I still cannot not forgive them for their dirty collusion tactics 27 years ago (yes I am still bitter over that) So they can fudge off.

Archived