Webster

scott_jambo

Captain Canada

Webster is a human being who will only naturally have good games and bad games. Over his two spells with us I think it's safe to say he's had many more good performances than bad ones. You'll see his value if he gets injured between now and the end of the season and we have to cope without him.

From Perth to Paisley

He's not had his best season, but to say he's been up against it is an understatement of the century.

Grainger, Zaliukas, Hamill all long term injuries. Gowser sold. Kids making their debuts left, right and centre. Continuously having to chop and change the back four.

Not sure who could have handled it any better if a guy deemed good enough to be the captain of Scotland can't? Unless Maldini fancies sticking on the boots again.

It has just been a shanner off a season in every possible way.

This, This and this again!

Stupid Sexy Flanders

He's recently looking a bit lost because Zaliukas isn't there to help him along.

The defence has been shambolic since Zal's been out.

Tommy Wiseau

This.

He's still a quality player. He's been left badly exposed by a shan team this season. Him and Zal both but they're an excellent partnership.

Does nobody ever stop to think that Zal's best spell at Hearts has come since we re-signed Webster?

Myth. Zaliukas' best spell for Hearts has lasted about 3 and a half years. He was already such a vital player to the team that when he was frozen out during the contract dispute in 2010, our results plummeted, only to immediately turn positive again when he was reinstated. On checking, he missed 5 games - won one, drew one, lost three, conceded 9. He came back and we won 12 of our next 15, with 10 clean sheets. We conceded more goals in the 5 games he was out than in the 15 games after he returned. That was all before Webster was even signed. Regardless of the partner in defence, we concede less and win more when Zaliukas is in the team and we concede more and lose less when Zaliukas is not in the team. Not bad for someone whose form is being propped up by Andy Webster.

As much as Webster is very good and I sympathise that he has been a bit hung out to dry this season with the changes to the defence, what is it going to take for folk to realise that Zaliukas is the more important player?

I don't think he's had his best season. But I still think he's been our POTY so far.

:lol:

Absolutely no chance.

Couldn't disagree more. Webster is our best player. If anything it's him that tells Zal what to do.

My word. You'd have thought this kind of rubbish would have died out by now. Incredible.

Archived