GRETNA GAME CHANGED AGAIN

willie wallace

willie wallace

According to official site the Gretna game will now take place on Tuesday the 13th May.Quite happy with that.?15 adults,?5 for concessions.

According to official site the Gretna game will now take place on Tuesday the 13th May.Quite happy with that.?15 adults,?5 for concessions.

?1 for U16's!!

Think I'll be having a shave on Tuesday

So then why did the SFA release the fixtures if Rangers got to the final?

That has now happened and they then change those ones???

Malcolm Tucker

Exactly 2 years since their greatest day, we will be playing them in most probably their last ever professional game of football.

How apt.

So then why did the SFA release the fixtures if Rangers got to the final?

That has now happened and they then change those ones???

I think it was Hearts that suggested moving it from the 8th to the 13th.

portobellojambo1

Will still be there but in all honesty I would have actually preferred if we had played the two games midweek next week, and brought this season to its conclusion in the home game versus Kilmarnock on Saturday 10 May.

Isn't the 13th the Champions League Final or is that the day/week after?

The UEFA Cup final is round about then.

portobellojambo1
Isn't the 13th the Champions League Final or is that the day/week after?

The UEFA Cup final is round about then.

Champions League Final - Wednesday 21 May

UEFA Cup Final - Wednesday 14 May

Ben Dover
Champions League Final - Wednesday 21 May

UEFA Cup Final - Wednesday 14 May

So I take it that Rangers havent asked for all SPL games to be postponed because.......................well just because :rolleyes:

JamboRossi79
Will still be there but in all honesty I would have actually preferred if we had played the two games midweek next week, and brought this season to its conclusion in the home game versus Kilmarnock on Saturday 10 May.

Then we could have had the testimonial for Robbie as the last game of this season.

portobellojambo1
Then we could have had the testimonial for Robbie as the last game of this season.

I could be wrong JR79 but I was expecting the crowd, if the game had gone ahead next Thursday to be understandably small, possibly around 1,000 (probably 90-95% Hearts fans), but I suspect if it is delayed until the followingTuesday the crowd could be even smaller.

It is not a Saturday, and as you say not only will the last home league game have been played at Tynecastle, but Robbie Neilson's testimonial game will have been played by then (a much better game to conclude the season with) and some people may just call time on this season a week on Sunday, and ignore the Gretna game altogether now.

JamboRossi79
I could be wrong JR79 but I was expecting the crowd, if the game had gone ahead next Thursday to be understandably small, possibly around 1,000 (probably 90-95% Hearts fans), but I suspect if it is delayed until the followingTuesday the crowd could be even smaller.

It is not a Saturday, and as you say not only will the last home league game have been played at Tynecastle, but Robbie Neilson's testimonial game will have been played by then (a much better game to conclude the season with) and some people may just call time on this season a week on Sunday, and ignore the Gretna game altogether now.

Damn the Rankgers.

BTW I tend to agree with the rest of your post.

Nucky Thompson

I agree PJ1. I was going to take my lad to his first away league game(he was at the Cup final) but not on a Tuesday night, school in the morning etc.. I think the SPL have just done Gretna out of a few thousand ?'s gate money.

Ben Dover

PJ1 puts forward a good point about Robbies game ( which also kinda fecks my 'demand' for a venue switch to Tynie ;) )

The interest in that kind of match ( for once :rolleyes: ) will probably be far greater than for a trip to Motherwell on the Tuesday and it will likely result in an anti-climax of mega proportions :sad:

Mind you, if the fixtures had panned out properly we would have been going to Motherwell the Saturday following Robbies gig anyway :P

Ben Dover

Looking at this again ;)

Unless people are just totally about fed up with this season and would rather we just get it over and done with, then the switch to Tynie idea still holds water. People may have actually had a lift from the All Stars game :P and Gretna would surely benefit from a cash boost.........and isn't 'fostering the game' what the SPL / SFL / GFA are supposed to be all about :)

i was able to go to the Thursday night game at no extra cost now the SFA changing it to the tuesday night dont think we will be able to go as the UEFA cup final is on the wed and my brother who works for me when i want a day off is going to manchester i say SFA*** **** **** **** SFA **** **** **** :evilno::evilno::evilno::evilno:

portobellojambo1
Looking at this again ;)

Unless people are just totally about fed up with this season and would rather we just get it over and done with, then the switch to Tynie idea still holds water. People may have actually had a lift from the All Stars game :P and Gretna would surely benefit from a cash boost.........and isn't 'fostering the game' what the SPL / SFL / GFA are supposed to be all about :)

Think the word you are looking for probably does begin with an 'f' and end 'ing'

but contains a different combination of middle letters.

Ben Dover

Apparently both teams and the SPL came to agreement on this today ?

Well it certainly looks like no stone was left unturned before they reached that final decision :sad:

Ray Winstone

As I am in Edinburgh I may make the trip if its only a fiver to get in.

Salvatori5

Fair play to all concerned for the ?1 under 16 gate. My 12 year old niece loves away games but with places like Inverness charging ?18 for concessions what chance have you got!

I'm sure all clubs like Gretna would be better placed if they had a permanent under 16 price of say ?3-?5. It's not like any of the lesser clubs fill their grounds.

Miller Jambo 60
PJ1 puts forward a good point about Robbies game ( which also kinda fecks my 'demand' for a venue switch to Tynie ;) )

The interest in that kind of match ( for once :rolleyes: ) will probably be far greater than for a trip to Motherwell on the Tuesday and it will likely result in an anti-climax of mega proportions :sad:

Mind you, if the fixtures had panned out properly we would have been going to Motherwell the Saturday following Robbies gig anyway :P

IM going;)

Nelly Terraces

Bummer. I'm off to the FA cup final for the weekdn and was hoping to be there in the smug satisfaction of some losers having nothing better to do than go and watch Hearts v Gretna at an almost totally empty stadium watching very rubbish footballers be very rubbish at football. I may even be aware of the score in this game now.

Tch, that SFA. Ruin everything.

Archived