SOCCER AM

maroonlegions

maroonlegions

Soccer AM slot spells feast of fun for young Hearts stars

Published Date: 02 May2008

By BARRY ANDERSON

HEARTS teenagers Gary Glen;) and Matej Rapnik have engaged in a skills face-off to be broadcast on Sky Sports' hugely popular Soccer AM show tomorrow morning.

The programme's "Skill Skool" visited Riccarton this week to pit the promising youngsters against one another, the outcome of which is sure to intrigue supporters.

The talent showcase is played over three rounds with Rocket, the "Skill Skool" presenter, describing one of the player's skills as being amongst of the best he's seen.;) To see whether Glen or Rapnik secured the bragging rights, tune in at approximately 11.30am tomorrow morning.

Darren Murray, Hearts Under-19 coach, said: "It was good fun. It really let the boys showcase their skills but there was also a bit of showboating that will make the fans laugh if it makes the cut."

Glen scored on his first start for Hearts' senior side against St Mirren last month and followed up with his second in as many games against Inverness last weekend.

Rapnik, a central defender, is a highly rated Slovenian Under-17 internationalist and a mainstay of Hearts' Under-19 side.;)

SOUNDS LIKE FUN HOPE THEY DINNAE FECK IT UP EH.:rolleyes:

Really looking forward to seeing this!!

Love how he's basically taken that word for word from the Hearts website! :rolleyes:

Sexton Hardcastle

I take it you just copy and paste everything from the EEN ?

p.s. This was a thread about 4 days ago, cmon get with the times!

Ryan Gosling
I take it you just copy and paste everything from the EEN ?

No ;) he then adds smileys :( to the story :) to make it more colourful :eek:

maroonlegions
I take it you just copy and paste everything from the EEN ?:rolleyes:

;)

AND WHY NOT IF I COPY AND PASTE, whats the big deal and i take it this story was in the EEN FOUR days ago , cmon man catch up eh.;)

marshallschunkychicken

Unlikely to catch this - can someone possibly capture it somehow and up it to youtube or the like?

Jambo Hud316

Looking forward to this

It will have to go some to beat the Hull City lads effort from the other week though - that was the best Skills Skool ever in my opion for skill and for their comedy routines

Jambo Hud316
Unlikely to catch this - can someone possibly capture it somehow and up it to youtube or the like?

It will be on the sky sports soccer am website by tomorrow afternoon

maroonlegions
When are the cameras taking a trip down Stalag?

when they make a remake of Stalag or even the great escape :107years:

Oopsupsideyerheed
Looking forward to this

It will have to go some to beat the Hull City lads effort from the other week though - that was the best Skills Skool ever in my opion for skill and for their comedy routines

Prepare to be amazed !!!................pure quality.

Oopsupsideyerheed

**bump**.......just a reminder to all you early Saturday morning Jambos to tune in !!:)

Think we should rename this thread 'The Official Gary Glen and Matej Rapnik Thread'.

Tams bird
Skill School is usually around half 11, 20 to 12 iirc

Thats what I thought,,,

Cliffundo

That was some of the best I have seen on Soccer AM

rapnick was amazing!!

Toxteth O'Grady
Just been on, both pretty good

Both were excellent.

Rappa was brilliant

bighusref

Excellent skills from the young lads. Not because of the Soccer AM slot, but IMO Rapnik is ready for the first team and we will hopefully see him soon.

That was some of the best I have seen on Soccer AM

rapnick was amazing!!

Got really ****ed off when that clueless, unfunny, ****** Andy Goldstein (or whatever his name is) pronounced it Rapkin. But Glen and Rapnik cheered me up, quality skills from Matej and good to see all the young lads in the background. Wonder how many from that one clip alone will become first team regulars over the next few years.

colinmaroon
Excellent skills from the young lads. Not because of the Soccer AM slot, but IMO Rapnik is ready for the first team and we will hopefully see him soon.

I agree!!!

Great to watch!!!

Matej Rapnik was great, balancing the ball on his head and doing a chicken impersonation is just the skills we need for a derby game in the future.

The cruckie cookie

What the F eck.

Who's Matty RAPKIN as introduced by Soccer AM dudes:evilno:

Great skills from the big man and it was :cool: when he was kissing the ball;)

bighusref
YOU TUBE IT!

Count to ten, breath and chill.

Cooncil telly is guff eh? ;)

Got really ****ed off when that clueless, unfunny, ****** Andy Goldstein (or whatever his name is) pronounced it Rapkin. But Glen and Rapnik cheered me up, quality skills from Matej and good to see all the young lads in the background. Wonder how many from that one clip alone will become first team regulars over the next few years.

Me too, was shouting at the TV when he said it wrong and never even corrected himself after!! Was proud to see the lads, they were brilliant!!

Rapnik, Husband and McGowan and either Ridgers or Bjornsson should start the last game of the season against Kilmarnock.

Rapnik was pretty bloody impressive. And for a centre-half.

His skills seemed to go on for ages.

Count to ten, breath and chill.

Cooncil telly is guff eh? ;)

Gash mate, had sky then moved and couldnt get it becuase of an erse hola factor.

Joke.

Any how..... reason to go to the pub for the Man U game.

YOU TUBE IT!

I agree, my youngest boy decided to spew his load this morning so i missed it. :evilno:

MOD EDIT

Still no you tube... moan lads n Lassies bout to leave to the pub in 10mins

rudi must stay
YOU TUBE IT!

Agreed. Missed it cos i don't have Sky, this is one of those times i wish i did tbh

Archived