Tony Gubba has died

Gorgiewave

shaun.lawson

:10800:

Who will the Beeb get to do the Xmas football shift now?

Another voice from my childhood bites the dust. RIP Tony. :(

Deans Jambo

Only bright part of suffering Dancing on Ice with the wife was his commentary being quite humorous.

RIP Tony.

The voice of the less high profile games on MotD for me, along with Gerald Sinstadt. Was saddened to hear of his passing.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Only bright part of suffering Dancing on Ice with the wife was his commentary being quite humorous.

RIP Tony.

Who has been doing the Dancing on Ice commentary? RIP Tony

One also realises watching that the general public's command of spoken English is in serious decline. Not just sports commentators, but in public life in general. Who today could make Geoffrey Howe's resgination speech?

shaun.lawson

One also realises watching that the general public's command of spoken English is in serious decline. Not just sports commentators, but in public life in general. Who today could make Geoffrey Howe's resgination speech?

William Hague. Though it wouldn't be his style, of course.

Deans Jambo

Who has been doing the Dancing on Ice commentary? RIP Tony

I've managed to avoid it this series so I'm not sure who's doing it now.

That's a shame.

RIP The Dell too. Cracking atmosphere there with only 15,000 inside too. Alan Ball v Gerry Francis, and Ian Walker playing. It was like a strokers convention. Cheers for posting that Gorgiewave. I enjoyed watching it.

scots civil war

r.i.p tony gubba ,everytime i heard his voice i was transported back to childhood clocking highlights from motd

Back to 2005

That's a shame.

RIP The Dell too. Cracking atmosphere there with only 15,000 inside too. Alan Ball v Gerry Francis, and Ian Walker playing. It was like a strokers convention. Cheers for posting that Gorgiewave. I enjoyed watching it.

"Grobelaar didn't appear to make any effort to save it".

mmmmmm.....

Geoff Kilpatrick

The third BBC commentator after Motson and Davies, Football Focus roving reporter and Man Utd fan. Another piece of my childhood gone. RIP.

Rip good commentator.

Randomly I'm sure he was the commentator on channel 5 when hibs blew the wee cup final against livingston.

shaun.lawson

Rip good commentator.

Randomly I'm sure he was the commentator on channel 5 when hibs blew the wee cup final against livingston.

That was Jonathan Pearce.

That was Jonathan Pearce.

I don't think it was mate. Gubba and Butcher done the Scottish league cup games I think.

I don't think it was mate. Gubba and Butcher done the Scottish league cup games I think.

Just you tubed it and your correct. Was positive he done commentary too for Scottish football on c5 too.

jambos are go!

If she is alive his wife- who allegedly wrote it!!

Archived