phil odonnell match

moyseuk2000

moyseuk2000

is anyone going to this match as heard today fans from most scottish clubs will be attending

Hans von Luck
is anyone going to this match as heard today fans from most scottish clubs will be attending

NO ;)

GforGallo

m'well vs celtc

not sure who is playin whether its current players or what

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Am I ****

It was a shock at the time however I am not a Motherwell or Celtic fan.

if you ask me it sounds a bit like thellick are trying to steal the show brining Larsson and co back for the game.

jambojim52

Great shame that a player died but it's time to move on, Celtic milking it big style makes me puke. Part of the celtic family my arse.

ToadKiller Dog

They should have maybe done it as a motherwell vrs SPL select side or the likes ,making it well v tic makes it exclusive to just those two .

4marsbars
They should have maybe done it as a motherwell vrs SPL select side or the likes ,making it well v tic makes it exclusive to just those two .

These were the two SPL teams he played for; can't see anything wrong with it.

Walter Payton
These were the two SPL teams he played for; can't see anything wrong with it.

Why only involve the SPL teams he played for?

bigwull22

are all the the takings going to charity? or are Celtic taking the costs of staging the game out first? Plus go near darkheed, you must be jokin

I'd rather stick pins in my eyes. :evilno:

4marsbars

Judging from the responses to this thread, I don't detect a strong sense that Hearts fans would be queueing up to participate if they did.

Let's review what has happened:

- A player dies in tragic and poignant circumstances.

- The loss is marked at the time with dignity and respect across Scottish football.

- The two teams that he played for get together later to arrange an event that will provide support for his family.

What's wrong with that as an appropriate response to this sad event?

Absolutely nothing.

There are players who are associated forever with one club, like Robbo. Then there are the Darren Jacksons and Jim Hamiltons, who have played for everyone (and Hearts did well by both). And there are some who made their mark with two clubs, like Dave McPherson.

If Dave McP had died on the pitch (thank God he didn't), nobody would bat an eyelid if Hearts and Rangers got together to organise some kind of tribute. There wouldn't be threads on Kickback complaining that some kind of all-SPL tribute should be arranged.

It's clear to me that the small minority of people who have bothered to complain here are doing so for one reason only, because Celtic are involved and Celtic can do no right.

You can be just as sure that if a Motherwell v SPL game had been arranged there would be people on here complaining.

Come on people. Rise above the petty bickering. A young family lost a husband and father and his ex-colleagues are organising a benefit event. Good for them; I hope all goes well.

Guest juvehearts
Judging from the responses to this thread, I don't detect a strong sense that Hearts fans would be queueing up to participate if they did.

- The loss is marked at the time with dignity and respect across Scottish football.

- The two teams that he played for get together later to arrange an event that will provide support for his family.

Absolutely nothing.

There are players who are associated forever with one club, like Robbo. Then there are the Darren Jacksons and Jim Hamiltons, who have played for everyone (and Hearts did well by both). And there are some who made their mark with two clubs, like Dave McPherson.

If Dave McP had died on the pitch (thank God he didn't), nobody would bat an eyelid if Hearts and Rangers got together to organise some kind of tribute. There wouldn't be threads on Kickback complaining that some kind of all-SPL tribute should be arranged.

It's clear to me that the small minority of people who have bothered to complain here are doing so for one reason only, because Celtic are involved and Celtic can do no right.

You can be just as sure that if a Motherwell v SPL game had been arranged there would be people on here complaining.

Come on people. Rise above the petty bickering. A young family lost a husband and father and his ex-colleagues are organising a benefit event. Good for them; I hope all goes well.

well said that man & imo thinks mods should close this thread after that reply.

Stewart MacD

Well put, 4marsbars.

Some people can't forget their sole agenda.

Dirk Diggler

Because he was a Motherwell player when he died and a Celtic fan all his life?

Don't see the problem with it tbh.

Not that I would ever contemplate attending.

No.

Guest S.U.S.S.

Oh good, another thread for the grief chasers to get their teeth into. Another thread they can accuse people of being bigots in if they dont fawn all over the game.

Another thread where refuseing to congratulate Celtic for something makes you a knuckle dragger.

Agendas? There are agendas on KB but none so forrcibly pursued as the grief chasing "im a human being thats why" agendas.

Walter Payton

Absolutely nothing.

To be honest, you've gone further down the whole "bigoted" (for want of a better word) route than I ever did with my question. I was mistaken in believing that O'Donnell had played for St Johnstone at some stage in his career as well, but he definitely played for Sheffield Wednesday. With it only being the 3 clubs he was at, I completely understand why it's Motherwell vs Celtic (team he supported against his first and last club) but you've done a lot of reading between the lines of my question, and quite frankly got it entirely wrong.

Im sure the tic minded on this planet would be eager to go and support such a match !!

4marsbars
To be honest, you've gone further down the whole "bigoted" (for want of a better word) route than I ever did with my question. I was mistaken in believing that O'Donnell had played for St Johnstone at some stage in his career as well, but he definitely played for Sheffield Wednesday. With it only being the 3 clubs he was at, I completely understand why it's Motherwell vs Celtic (team he supported against his first and last club) but you've done a lot of reading between the lines of my question, and quite frankly got it entirely wrong.

I see what you mean and I sincerely apologise.

I used your question to make a more general point.

My main point was born out of frustration that whenever this kind of debate occurs on this board, some people cannot just accept the validity / sincerity of the tribute, especially where Celtic are involved.

Robertson9
Great shame that a player died but it's time to move on, Celtic milking it big style makes me puke. Part of the celtic family my arse.

In a nutshell :mad:

Sando_Jambo
If I get details for the charity I will contribute no problem!

No doubt IrvineJambo will have the details ;)

Nelly Terraces

The top of the class purveyors of victim culture do it again. 'The Exthended Thellick Famulee' and all that cobblers. They just wallow in this sort of mawkish sentimentality. Sickening.

Really don't think that'll be the case. Plus I think Celtic wouldn't take to it too kindly, they don't want anybody to be grieving more than them.

4marsbars
The top of the class purveyors of victim culture do it again. 'The Exthended Thellick Famulee' and all that cobblers. They just wallow in this sort of mawkish sentimentality. Sickening.

Arranging something to benefit a family that has lost its main breadwinner is neither "sentimental" (mawkish or otherwise) nor "sickening".

lambojambo

"Heard" from who exactly??

"That will be 70p for the steak bake. By the way have you heard......"

moyseuk2000

few of my m8s are going some are rangers fans and some are hibs fans.i bought tickets and im a jambo i dont quite see what everyones problem is about this match its not about celtic or motherwell its about a family lossing there father and scottish football losing a player

Miller Jambo 60

Absolutely nothing.

Were you at dkheid for the last Celtic Hearts game.

We were treated like peasants.

Enough said.

And for the record i sent flowers to FIR PARK for Phil.

Trajic to say the least.

dodethejambo

Cant believe that they're not asking for the game to be postponed..

kearney19

Absolutely nothing.

Fantastic post.:)

kearney19
Cant believe that they're not asking for the game to be postponed..

No need for that

Therapist

If you care about O'Donnell so much would it not have been better to donate money to his family or an appropriate charity rather than wasting money on blooms? :rolleyes:

MacDonald Jardine
Judging from the responses to this thread' date=' I don't detect a strong sense that Hearts fans would be queueing up to participate if they did.

Im sure the tic minded on this planet would be eager to go and support such a match !![/quote']

Exactly.

I quite understand why Motherwell are playing Celtic.

I don't understand why it should be thought I or any other non M/well or Celtic fan would have the slightest interest in going.

jambojim52
Were you at dkheid for the last Celtic Hearts game.

We were treated like peasants.

Enough said.

Trajic to say the least.

What you did, was pay a Motherwell florist to do F all. Can see it now wee van draws up to fir park, man jusps out and places flowers next to a huge pile of flowers. Whose gonna know yours were delivered?

As said the money would have been better going to the family.

moyseuk2000

wish i had never started this post makes me sad to be a jambo sometimes reading the rubbish some people post on here:evilno:

Miller Jambo 60
If you care about O'Donnell so much would it not have been better to donate money to his family or an appropriate charity rather than wasting money on blooms? :rolleyes:

OH dear cant cope because a jambo sent flowers to a man that died in his prime.

Whats a bloom THERAPIST ,i thought i was doing right.

But no the mighty man is here.

Got my season got yours .

Miller Jambo 60
What you did, was pay a Motherwell florist to do F all. Can see it now wee van draws up to fir park, man jusps out and places flowers next to a huge pile of flowers. Whose gonna know yours were delivered?

As said the money would have been better going to the family.

Need my kip so much gash on KB is beyond me,

GROW UP

Therapist
Got my season got yours .

Yes, I bought mine about a week after they were released. Why do you ask?

I trust this clarifies matters to your satisfaction. :)

coppercrutch
well said that man & imo thinks mods should close this thread after that reply.

Why ?

Because people may disagree with it ? We can't have that can we.

Jeez.....I THOUGHT this board was meant for chat and debate....:rolleyes:

Chad Sexington

The death of Phill O'Donnel was an awful tragedy.

Having said that, the idea of sitting in amongst a load of smelly Celtic and Well fans is nauseating to me, so no, I will most definitely not be attending.

Archived