Todays Football

Prince Buaben

Prince Buaben

and as i type that Dundee Utd score to make it 2-1

I always feel that Dundee Utd must feel like us, with the 'wee team', Dundee are just pish and they are so dominate against them, a bit like us against the sheite fi' Lochend.

I always feel that Dundee Utd must feel like us, with the 'wee team', Dundee are just pish and they are so dominate against them, a bit like us against the sheite fi' Lochend.

Right up until the early 70's Dundee were easily the bigger club were they not?

Prince Buaben

Yeah.

kingantti1874

Until Jim McLean arrived without doubt

Juan Jose Carricondo Perez

Is anyone else listening to this on radio Scotland?

The amount of times the word "quality" is used is cringeworthy!

Willow Flood really is a cretinous, greetin faced wee so-and-so.

Decent game tho.

Gregory House M.D.

Seems that Hibs have replaved Griffiths with Kriffitz :lol:

Francis Albert

They were indeed. It was only in the 60's that they became a regular top flight club. Before that they spent all but a handful of seasons in Div 2 as it then was.

The change in fortunes is something those who view with equanimity relegation, or even starting again in Div 3, should consider. In our relegation years our core fan base shrunk to not much more than Dundee's currently (and that after only a relatively brief period in the lower league) and there was serious consideration given to Hearts going part time. If things had turned out differently it is quite possible we could now be looking back to three decades of Hibs as the "big team".

Prince Buaben

Tottenham: Lloris, Walker, Dawson, Vertonghen, Assou-Ekotto, Dembele, Parker, Lennon, Bale, Sigurdsson, Adebayor. Subs: Friedel, Gallas, Naughton, Defoe, Holtby, Livermore, Carroll.

Arsenal: Szczesny, Jenkinson, Mertesacker, Vermaelen, Monreal, Ramsey, Arteta, Walcott, Wilshere, Cazorla, Giroud. Subs: Mannone, Koscielny, Rosicky, Podolski, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Coquelin, Gervinho.

teams for north london derby

Piers Morgan is on Fox Soccer channel's build up for the arsenal game. I cannot emphasise enough how much of a bell-end the guy is.

Prince Buaben

Piers Morgan is on Fox Soccer channel's build up for the arsenal game. I cannot emphasise enough how much of a bell-end the guy is.

how on earth does he get the gig in sport.

Craig Burley summarising ain't much better.

ArcticJambo

I suspect it's down to one of their ITK assistant ex-pat producers suggesting they spice it up by inviting PM, knowing he'll make a complete dick of himself without realising.

Francis Albert

They were indeed. It was only in the 60's that they became a regular top flight club. Before that they spent all but a handful of seasons in Div 2 as it then was.

The change in fortunes is something those who view with equanimity relegation, or even starting again in Div 3, should consider. In our relegation years our core fan base shrunk to not much more than Dundee's currently (and that after only a relatively brief period in the lower league) and there was serious consideration given to Hearts going part time. If things had turned out differently it is quite possible we could now be looking back to three decades of Hibs as the "big team".

"they" = United of course

ArcticJambo

Gunners putting in a lot of early energy into this ... thinking they might pay for this as the game settles down.

I've only seen the incident once, but was all the ball definitely out in the lead up to the free kick to United's first goal?

Thought i had seen the worst defending ever at Tynecastle yesterday. I was wrong.

shaun.lawson

:lol:

The fantastic Argentinian commentator on FOX Sports Latin America just whistled along to When The Spurs Go Marching In, then joined in. And got the words wrong. :rofl:

He's awesome.

:jjyay:

Tommy Wiseau

Siggurdson is lucky I was on over 2.5 and spurs to win as well as over 3.5 or I would have been hunting him down after squaring that chance :muggy:

shaun.lawson

:yas:

Mr Wenger, the Chairman would like to see you in May for a quiet word. :smuggy:

I've only seen the incident once, but was all the ball definitely out in the lead up to the free kick to United's first goal?

I was in the 3rd row of the main stand, without my contacts, and could see it was clearly out. Yet the Lino a matter of feet away couldnt

ArcticJambo

Anybody watching the Portland Timbers vs NY Red Bulls match ? Now 3-3 after Portland 3-1 down. Great atmosphere - 26K, 35th consecutive sellout. Pretty feisty game too.

NY have Henry, Tainio, Tim Cahill, Juninho

Portland - Silvestre

Anybody watching the Portland Timbers vs NY Red Bulls match ? Now 3-3 after Portland 3-1 down. Great atmosphere - 26K, 35th consecutive sellout. Pretty feisty game too.

NY have Henry, Tainio, Tim Cahill, Juninho

Portland - Silvestre

And all those dipshit EPL zombies can the MLS...it's got a fantastic following in the USA and the standard is pretty good!

And all those dipshit EPL zombies can the MLS...it's got a fantastic following in the USA and the standard is pretty good!

I watched Houston's game last night, and thought the game was gash. I'm not impressed with the general standard at all. That said, you get som decent games, and the atmosphere can be pretty good.

ArcticJambo

I was at a Vancouver-Seattle game last Sept and enjoyed the experience ... the football wasn't great but I didn't think it any worse than the majority of games you see in the SPL these days. Watching the highlights package of a typical MLS weekend is usually pretty good ... the standard of the goals scored (all things being even) is comparable with anything you'll see elsewhere.

I was at a Vancouver-Seattle game last Sept and enjoyed the experience ... the football wasn't great but I didn't think it any worse than the majority of games you see in the SPL these days. Watching the highlights package of a typical MLS weekend is usually pretty good ... the standard of the goals scored (all things being even) is comparable with anything you'll see elsewhere.

The ownership and franchise model for MLS is worth a read, the Americans have really done a great job with it going off its popularity at the moment.

Archived