Welcome back Ryan Stevenson (& hurry up Jamie Hamill)

CJGJ

In our current position we need him back.. hope he has been on a 2 week training regime.

Jamie Hamill... how's the knee.. can anyone twitter him for an update ?

Charlie-Brown

Hamiltonian played a game or kicked a ball in over a year, year he will be lucky to play much again this season by the time he gets his fitness up, plays his first few reserve games, see how his injuries react to that or any set backs etc.

Cup Final? Jesus Wept.

Need all the older heads to step up,Taouil in particular but also Novikovas,Stevenson and Sutton who can all offer a lot more.Long term injuries to Hamill,Grainger,Patterson and Zal have depleted our already threadbare squad.Sorry times that look like getting worse before they get better.

Stevenson was wearing a very fetching bobble hat at the game last night.

>tomato-redgrey.jpg

If we get any worse the players will need to be wearing balaclavas soon.

Need all the older heads to step up,Taouil in particular but also Novikovas,Stevenson and Sutton who can all offer a lot more.Long term injuries to Hamill,Grainger,Patterson and Zal have depleted our already threadbare squad.Sorry times that look like getting worse before they get better.

Novikovas. Weren't there last night then? Boy is a pure shitebag and a waste of a jersey.

Agree with OP. Harsh on the youngsters but need to play Taouil, Stevenson and Sutton on Saturday. Guys that have proven themselves at SPL level.

Is probably go with

Jamie Mac; Mullen, Barr, Webster, Wilson; Taouil, Stevenson, Holt, Walker; Sutton, Ngoo.

Tapping was poor last night, Novi was brutal and if we had anyone else Barr would be emptied but I think we need experience so its Wilson to LB and apologies to McHattie.

Barr shouldn't be anywhere near defence, liability

Was Barr that bad last night? Obviously, he gave away a penalty, but that was a set piece (the 4th time in 2 games he's messed up at a set piece) - he would have been in that role even if he was playing midfield.

How was his positioning/defending/etc?

Stevo, even tho I got slated for posting this a few weeks ago, helps the young players through the games.

The Holt's, Walker's, Tapping's will tell you this themselves.

He also adds a bit of much needed dig into the team.

Basically the team needs him just now.

Mcgowan and Webster for me.

:spoton:

Pair them together in the centre of defence and put Barr back into the midfield role that he made his own last season.

However, knowing McGlynn he probably fancies giving McGowan a go up front or as an attacking midfielder. :facepalm:

Stevo, even tho I got slated for posting this a few weeks ago, helps the young players through the games.

The Holt's, Walker's, Tapping's will tell you this themselves.

He also adds a bit of much needed dig into the team.

Basically the team needs him just now.

The understanding that Tapping and Stevenson had during the Dundee game was excellent - but sadly, they've only played about 20 minutes together since then due to Stevenson's ludicrous red card at Tannadice.

:spoton:

Pair them together in the centre of defence and put Barr back into the midfield role that he made his own last season.

However, knowing McGlynn he probably fancies giving McGowan a go up front or as an attacking midfielder. :facepalm:

With the tactics we're deploying at the moment, on Sat Jamie Mac will man mark McFadden, Ngoo will be in goals and young Gowser centre forward

The defence in the 2nd half last night looked solid enough

It did indeed, although that might have been a combo of us putting St Mirren under pressure by playing two forwards or them sitting back knowing job was done. McGowan was always on top of his man but his distribution was poor. McHattie's jury still very much out for me and would prefer Wilson's relative experience there.

We defo need Stevenson and Hamill back in th starting line up ASAP. I just don't know where our next win is coming from to be honest. Trying time ahead for us supporters I think.

It's definately time to reintroduce the experience we have left at the club -

Macdonald, Webster, Barr, Wilson, Robinson, Touill, Sutton, Stevenson, Ngoo - They all need to fit into a team along with a few young players to see if we can at least get some sort of a result in the near future

Archived