Time to write this season off

quincy adams wagstaff

quincy adams wagstaff

We aint going to be relegated,

we wont make the top six,

we may win a cup.

got to look forward to next season, kids will be more experianced and we should see the best of them,we could have a new owner who may invest some money in the team and a new manager.

for the rest of this season i will go along to tynecasle with more hope than expectation,but i will be dreaming about next season.

im writing this season off because im fed up being pissed off.

I wrote this season off a few weeks ago to be honest. Everything now revolves around 1. Survival, 2. Winning the cup and 3. Beating the wee team. Top 6 is now impossible in my opinion.

This season was a write-off when Ryan McGowan was played in attacking centre midfield.

Downward slide since then I'm afraid.

We are in a CUP FINAL.

So, no thanks, I'll not be writing anything off. I'll prefer to watch us win the League Cup for the 1st time in my lifetime.

Fermit the Krog

We are in a CUP FINAL.

So, no thanks, I'll not be writing anything off. I'll prefer to watch us win the League Cup for the 1st time in my lifetime.

:thumbsup:

We are in a CUP FINAL.

Exactly this. To write off a season when we are in with a shot of winning our first league cup in over half a century is just plain mental chat.

Wrote it off as soon as McGlynn arrived to be honest. Thought i was a bit premature seeing as he had just walked in the door and hoped to be proved wrong but it's actually worse than i expected. Nowt will change 'til Romanov fuxov once and for all.... and takes McGlynn with him oot the door.

Generic Username

The season's been a write off since ******* August. The cup final is just a delicious bonus that we've somehow managed to get ourselves to. The rest of the season has been more awful than sustained anal torture at the fists of a giant.

There was a time in the not too distant past that I thought I wouldn't live to see Hearts win a trophy. I'm certain I wasn't alone in feeling like this.

After the double heartbreak of '86, the St Mirren semi, those Airdrie matches, that Celtic match, the 4-3 LC Final when we produced a breathtaking performance yet still lost, getting destroyed 5-1 in the SC Final, many of us just felt we were never going to win anything.

Now, fast forward 15 years. We have won 3 Scottish Cups and are in only our 2nd LC Final in my lifetime.

We might win. We might not. But you can stick your "write off this season" chat right up your farter.

Winning a trophy is special, regardless of whether we are pish in the league or have a manager we all dislike.

I saw signs today of improvement. Yes we lost, but we did not play badly. Defending set pieces was horrific, but we created chances, scored 2 goals, and there was some good individual performances.

And it is St Mirren we are playing FFS!!! The day I am scared of St fecking Mirren is the day I jack it in.

MacDonald Jardine

There was a time in the not too distant past that I thought I wouldn't live to see Hearts win a trophy. I'm certain I wasn't alone in feeling like this.

After the double heartbreak of '86, the St Mirren semi, those Airdrie matches, that Celtic match, the 4-3 LC Final when we produced a breathtaking performance yet still lost, getting destroyed 5-1 in the SC Final, many of us just felt we were never going to win anything.

Now, fast forward 15 years. We have won 3 Scottish Cups and are in only our 2nd LC Final in my lifetime.

We might win. We might not. But you can stick your "write off this season" chat right up your farter.

Winning a trophy is special, regardless of whether we are pish in the league or have a manager we all dislike.

I saw signs today of improvement. Yes we lost, but we did not play badly. Defending set pieces was horrific, but we created chances, scored 2 goals, and there was some good individual performances.

And it is St Mirren we are playing FFS!!! The day I am scared of St fecking Mirren is the day I jack it in.

I was the same as you and would love to win the League Cup.

But it's now a one game season. (I worry about Hibs given the state of our defence ATM.)

I was the same as you and would love to win the League Cup.

But it's now a one game season. (I worry about Hibs given the state of our defence ATM.)

I agree. But this 1 game could make it a memorable season. And anyone who thinks our pish league form would detract from winning a trophy is misguided. Winning trophies is what it is all about and every single one should be cherished. After all, you just never know if it is going to be another 110, 111, or 112 years until you win it again.

The Cup Final will be a different game but if we don't start getting a few wins together the belief from the players coming out at Hampden will be very low. If McGlynn could just fekov now and let Janny and Locke get on with it 'til the end of the season there might be an improvement. Vlad and the rest of his cronies have sacked far better managers than McGlynn so selling up or not, he needs to get him out the door now for the players sakes, and the fans. St Mirren can be slagged off on here by folk but you can bet they'll fancy their chances, and they have some experienced players in their team. We might win, we might not, the fact we're there means an extra payday to keep the club afloat, the trophy is a bonus but, we've never won that trophy in about 50 years so it would be nice to say we've seen it won. McGlynn might take the most flack for our performances but the players need to get their fingers oot their erses and take some responsibility themselves, if McGlynn doesn't go and we keep losing games then it'll be a very tough day if we are to win the Cup.

Broxburn_Jambo

We have 2 games left this season, the cup final and the derby, win both of those and it wouldn't be the worst season ever.

Gregory House M.D.

The season's been a write off since ******* August. The cup final is just a delicious bonus that we've somehow managed to get ourselves to. The rest of the season has been more awful than sustained anal torture at the fists of a giant.

We're beginning to remind me of Hibs last season TBH. Still, at least St. Mirren might stop at 3 :sob:

We are in a CUP FINAL.

Agree. Not written off as it would be amazing to win the league cup but when it comes to the league it's looking like we will end this in our current position or unfortunately one position below :-( Thank duck for Dundee.

Fermit the Krog

We have 2 games left this season, the cup final and the derby, win both of those and it wouldn't be the worst season ever.

Win one of them and it'll be the 4th best season in 50 years.

MacDonald Jardine

Win one of them and it'll be the 4th best season in 50 years.

I wouldn't put that much store on beating Hibs.

Write off feck all.....need to get rid of that attitude. If we had this attitude in February 1999 we'd have got relegated instead of going a decent late run of games to make our league season look respectable...I'd prefer to see our staff get the finger out and get winning in the league and ultimately winning the LC along the way.

Wrote it off as soon as McGlynn arrived to be honest. Thought i was a bit premature seeing as he had just walked in the door and hoped to be proved wrong but it's actually worse than i expected. Nowt will change 'til Romanov fuxov once and for all.... and takes McGlynn with him oot the door.

Pretty much the same as me.

As soon as he was confirmed as being our new manager, I thought we'd be doing as well as we are now. We threw in the towel the minute we gave him the job.

The cup final was a welcome surprise but I can't imagine us beating anyone with McGlynn in charge.

St Mirren are more united and experienced than us and they have a better manager.

Sad to think that we're likely to **** up the chance to win a trophy against absolute shite like St Mirren.

Season has been a right off for a long time, the financial crisis has seen to that.

No team perhaps even the glasgow pair can afford to lose its best players thru sale or injury without any chance of replacing them

Our kids have potential but we just ain't got enough class in the older players left to pull them thru games at the moment and we are forced to blood to many of them at the same time

Ask yourself this, of the current squad, which experienced player with the exception of perhaps Webster would walk into any other team in the

league ?

Let's not kid ourselves, get the future of the club sorted, then build the team on the park, yep it may mean a couple of seasons of mediocrity but that's where we are, not to far behind the others but not where we want to be

Season has been a right off for a long time, the financial crisis has seen to that.

No team perhaps even the glasgow pair can afford to lose its best players thru sale or injury without any chance of replacing them

Our kids have potential but we just ain't got enough class in the older players left to pull them thru games at the moment and we are forced to blood to many of them at the same time

Ask yourself this, of the current squad, which experienced player with the exception of perhaps Webster would walk into any other team in the

league ?

Let's not kid ourselves, get the future of the club sorted, then build the team on the park, yep it may mean a couple of seasons of mediocrity but that's where we are, not to far behind the others but not where we want to be

I notice that is your 2nd post.

Far too measured, pragamatic and sensible; you won't have a future on here if you keep that up that mate.

Archived