Sunderland rumour mill

alwaysthereinspirit

Surrey Jambo

Doubt it too, but he'd be playing for a better team, with a better defence, in EUFA Cup, and we'd hopefully have a sell-on clause.

coppercrutch
Doubt it too, but he'd be playing for a better team, with a better defence, in EUFA Cup, and we'd hopefully have a sell-on clause.

I always do that as well. No idea why.

:eek:UEFA is actually pretty easy.

Maybe bevvy. :rolleyes:

No way Robinson would agree to move to Sunderland.

An ?80m transfer kitty might might big wages, and he could've been told Spurs don't want him anymore.

Would Gordon though jump so soon? Van de Sar and Lehmann won't be around for ever.

Plus that would value Gordon at at least ?15-?18M, depending on what Paul Robinson's value is. Thoughts on that? I would say so but would any other clubs?

I really hope this does happen...think it would be a good move for him...but it is a big leap in value for him, and to be honest, I don't think he has done enough this season to be valued at that level...but it is all about what people are willing to pay!

Generic Username

I can't see this happening.

Even if it were a remote possibility I'm not sure Craigy would repay the faith shown in him by Roy Keane by shafting him and jumping ship after a season.

If he hangs tight for another season and can improve on what he's done down there so far his stock will rise and it won't be long until he's off to a club bigger than Sunderland and bigger than Spurs.

blondejamtart

Can't see it myself, and I don't think the Mackems would be too happy about it either - they don't seem to rate Robinson very highly at all. Personally, I would say that any manager prepared to swap Craig for Robinson needs his head examining. Craig is a much better keeper than Robinson could ever hope to be.

Can't see it myself, and I don't think the Mackems would be too happy about it either - they don't seem to rate Robinson very highly at all. Personally, I would say that any manager prepared to swap Craig for Robinson needs his head examining. Craig is a much better keeper than Robinson could ever hope to be.

Keane will sort out his defence in the summer and Gordon Will be immense, Sunderland would double their money, no problem.

If it's true, please tell me we've got a sell on clause in place.

we do.

We will recieve ?2 million and Robinson's left hand.

we do.

We will recieve ?2 million and Robinson's left hand.

But don't Hearts lose out on ?1M for not having 100 appearances for Sunderland.

bigwull22
Cant see it but id love to see Craig playing wi a better defence in front of him

I personally couldn't give a flyin f' about Craig Gordon, he doesn't play for Heart of Midlothian anymore.

markletissier

i would love for this to happen.

come on ye spurs!

I personally couldn't give a flyin f' about Craig Gordon, he doesn't play for Heart of Midlothian anymore.

Quite agree with you there big man.

rossi_1983

I hope for Gordon this happens

Spurs are going places under Ramos, and I think next season they will be challenging for the Champs League places

Yet the pair of you are drawn to the thread like flies round *****.:rolleyes:

Rawrrrrrrr

Do we have a sell on?

I dont' think we do tbh

I think all parties would jump at it tbh as robinson really isnt that bad a keeper, he's just had a poor season and a move is best for all parties

bigwull22
Yet the pair of you are drawn to the thread like flies round *****.:rolleyes:

if i'm a fly then what does that make you?

Wait until Milfield Mackem comes on he can confirm if this is just pie in the sky

i do... the better Gordon does, the less chance the Huns keeper will get the scotland no1 shirt... that cannot happen for the good of the national game!

He shouldn't be in any rush to move, he's still young and has another season of Premiership football ahead of him. Spurs were also recently linked with McGregor of the Huns.

alwaysthereinspirit
He shouldn't be in any rush to move, he's still young and has another season of Premiership football ahead of him. Spurs were also recently linked with McGregor of the Huns.

McGregor should stay in Scotland. Not sure he'd get away with the assault and battery attacks like he does up here.

wont happen. Sunderland aren't skint. They don't need the money and Gordon wont jump ship so soon.

I hope McGregor goes to spurs. The premiership will show him up for how mediocre he is.

Goldstone Wonder

;)

Cant see it but id love to see Craig playing wi a better defence in front of him

Not convinced Spurs' defence is much better than Sunderland's, although Woodgate has made a massive difference.

;)

Not convinced Spurs' defence is much better than Sunderland's, although Woodgate has made a massive difference.

Good point, Spurs are shakey at the back. Not saying they are not a good team but theyve a terrible defensive record this season.

Nosworthy statistically has won the most percent of his tackles in prem and sunderlands first choice back four aren't too bad.

Danny Collins - Jonny Evans - Nyron Nosworty - Phil Bardsley

Millfield_Mackem
Wait until Milfield Mackem comes on he can confirm if this is just pie in the sky

Here i am. :)

This rumour has been around since last January iirc.

It won't happen. We are not a selling club anymore and we don't need the cash.

Gordon is a better keeper than Robinson imo.

Archived