When failure defines you

primrose

So we have lots of threads and banter regarding Hibs fans obsessive behaviour and the amount of time and energy that they are putting in to try to find issues be it football or financial that will cause trouble for HMFC.

From past suspensions to asking for council records under freedom of information there seems no end to the length that Hibs fans will go to to try to cuase HMFC to fail.

I find the bitterness rather sad, the obsession a bit troubling and I am just so glad that My Hearts supporting uncle took me to Tynie before My Hibs supporting one had the chance to take me to Easter Road.

Supporting Hearts defines me, not hating Hibs.

I dont think Johnny Cash had Hibs in mind when he said this!

"

You build on failure. You use it as a stepping stone. Close the door on the past. You don't try to forget the mistakes, but you don't dwell on it. You don't let it have any of your energy, or any of your time, or any of your space." Johnny Cash

Or you can forget Johnny Cash, become bitter and obsessive expend all your energy on hiding your own failure and trying to besmirch your rivals. And just goes to prove, if you dont like something change it, if you cant change it then change how you think about it.

Or you can just be like those Hibs fans are right now!!!

Sad, really sad!!!

I dont think Johnny Cash had Hibs in mind when he said this!

"You build on failure. You use it as a stepping stone. Close the door on the past. You don't try to forget the mistakes, but you don't dwell on it. You don't let it have any of your energy, or any of your time, or any of your space."

He was in fact talking about the 1996 Scottish Cup Final

Archived