John Hughes 5 game ban (merged threads)

maroonlegions

maroonlegions

Falkirk head coach John Hughes has been handed a six-match touchline ban by the Scottish Football Association.

Referee Scott MacDonald objected to offensive language used by the Bairns boss against St Mirren on Saturday and noted it in his match report.;)

Hughes was spoken to by MacDonald after the game following an exchange of words in the tunnel.

The punishment increased because it was the Falkirk boss's third misconduct charge inside three years.:107years:

Hughes had already served a four-match suspension for a second disciplinary offence.

He could face further action after blasting SFA referee chiefs Donald McVicar and Hugh Dallas for allowing rookie official MacDonald to officiate in the St Mirren Park clash.:rolleyes:

Hughes suggested that his club was being used as a "learning tool" for inexperienced referees.:107years:

STUPID HOBO PRAT.:107years:

piltonjambo

So Yogi has now become another victim of the Glasgow Football Association cartel with his five game dugout ban ...

Who said the truth doesn't hurt ... :evilno:

So Yogi has now become another victim of the Glasgow Football Association cartel with his five game dugout ban ...

Who said the truth doesn't hurt ... :evilno:

Aye and all for the heinous crime of swearing at an official. The fact that gets my goat is how often do you see the Old Firm players, managers, coaches swear at every official in sight during games and hee haw gets done about it?

Its about time the other clubs put a collective voice together and told the GFA the full home truth!

5 games for swearing yet Walter Smith can man-handle officials and suggest the SFA are bent in Celtic's favour.........

Robert Mugabe would run the SFA in a less corrupt manner.

alwaysthereinspirit

So Hughes is banned for 5 games and possibly more to come. Will he be given the same breaks Strachan has had with repeated offences or is it time to make an example.

It's actually amusing that the GFA can be so protective of the OF while hammering every other club as per their own rules and none of these clubs do anything about it. Bunch of cheats on one side and cowards on the other.

How many times has Strapon been pulled up?

what was it strapon did do last time? when he got it reduced on appeal?

Aye its easy to hit the smaller clubs but they'll never stand up to the bigoted sisters, strachan gets his ban reduced and they never tackle sectarianism the worst problem in scottish football

Was is just as pathetic is the fact that no-one in the media will have the cahones to discuss or debate this.

The administration of the game in Scotland is pathetic.

Whilst I agree that this is yet another incredible display of double standards by the GFA, I can have little sympathy for Hughes, Falkirk or anyone else in the SPL that our corrupt association decides to hammer.

They had the chance to stand up to the GFA beside us, but cowtowed and simpered to their OF "masters". You reap what you sow.

Was is just as pathetic is the fact that no-one in the media will have the cahones to discuss or debate this.

The administration of the game in Scotland is pathetic.

I read or heard someone say that Woman Womanov wont get into trouble for his AGM remarks as CO has some sort of role on the SFA/SPL board... :rolleyes:

Robert Mugabe would run the SFA in a less corrupt manner.

At least he would order some sort of investigation or recount, even if it was a total fix. The SFA just keep saying there is nothing wrong with Scottish Football and thus we have nothing to investigate

The fact that Italian football, German Refs and even players in England ( according to the Independant) are openly corrupt means that it could happen here... but no we are whiter than white despite all the evidence of extreme Old Firm Bias.

http://scotsport.podbean.com

bean counter

They had the chance to stand up to the GFA beside us, but cowtowed and simpered to their OF "masters". You reap what you sow.

While this may be correct we should not abandon them because of it.

We should be prepared to stand up with anyone that is taking on the SFA

I hope Hughes takes this all the way and gets as much media coverage as possible. It would also gladden my heart if every non OF manager attended a press conference to have a go at the SFA about the bias that prevails in Scotland towards the OF.

As per usual it's the divide and conquer approach that serves the SFA so well. The only time that clubs stand up to the SFA and the OF is when it comes down to money. Surely having a level playing field is just as important, if not more so, than how much Setanta cash you get?

I read or heard someone say that Woman Womanov wont get into trouble for his AGM remarks as CO has some sort of role on the SFA/SPL board... :rolleyes:

Which is even worse!

While this may be correct we should not abandon them because of it.

We should be prepared to stand up with anyone that is taking on the SFA

Indeed.

But they won't.

That wonker Davie Provo in the News of the World was saying that Zander Diamond shouldn't get into any hot water for his anti-Brines outburst but that Rodney should get done for his AGM remarks whereby Provo had quotes around the words 'fixed' and 'screwed'.

Only happened to read it by accident - honest.

Falkirk head coach John Hughes has been handed a six-match touchline ban by the Scottish Football Association.

Referee Scott MacDonald objected to offensive language used by the Bairns boss against St Mirren on Saturday and noted it in his match report.;)

Hughes was spoken to by MacDonald after the game following an exchange of words in the tunnel.

The punishment increased because it was the Falkirk boss's third misconduct charge inside three years.:107years:

Hughes had already served a four-match suspension for a second disciplinary offence.

He could face further action after blasting SFA referee chiefs Donald McVicar and Hugh Dallas for allowing rookie official MacDonald to officiate in the St Mirren Park clash.:rolleyes:

Hughes suggested that his club was being used as a "learning tool" for inexperienced referees.:107years:

STUPID HOBO PRAT.:107years:

I am glad he got shafted. He had the chance to express his views on refereeing whne Vlad spoke out, but like other manangers he shuned us and denied there was a problem, yet like other managers, almost every week, especilly against the OF he has issues.

So, let me get this straight...Artur Boruc's attempts to incite a riot aren't worth mentioning but Hughes uses 'offensive language' and not only is it in the ref's report, he's banished from the dugout for FIVE games?

That makes perfect sense... :gloomy:

I hate these people.

How many times has Strapon been pulled up?

His punishments get reduced on appeal to a pat on the back and a thank you.

while agreeing that hughes is indeed a bawbag,the punishment clearly doesnt fit the crime.two pieces of advice for yogi though;

1-next time dont shout at the ref,clock the barsteward.

2-give strapon a phone,he will put you intouch with his brief who will get the ban reduced to two games.

Aye and all for the heinous crime of swearing at an official. The fact that gets my goat is how often do you see the Old Firm players, managers, coaches swear at every official in sight during games and hee haw gets done about it?

Its about time the other clubs put a collective voice together and told the GFA the full home truth!

And how often do we see Refs (if you lip read he he ) Use an offensive word towards players.

I may think Hughes is a big dozy hobo idiot, but the fact is, he's a big passionate guy who gets wound up in the heat of the moment, like most coaches etc do, but guess what, he's an easy target for the senile old beaks at Hampden who dont liek to hear the truth.

I back Hughes 100% on this and hope he appeals it

Ron Burgundy
I am glad he got shafted. He had the chance to express his views on refereeing whne Vlad spoke out, but like other manangers he shuned us and denied there was a problem, yet like other managers, almost every week, especilly against the OF he has issues.

I agree,feck them all,they had their chance.

when did he ever deny there was a problem?

Ron Burgundy

Well he did'nt exactly spring to our defence and offer support did he?

If the shoe had been on the other foot and say Falkirk had been involved in an Andy Davis incident I would be extremely unhappy if Hearts had backed the SFA and stated everthing was hunky dory.Likewise if the club just kept a guilty silence.

bean counter

If the shoe had been on the other foot and say Falkirk had been involved in an Andy Davis incident I would be extremely unhappy if Hearts had backed the SFA and stated everthing was hunky dory.Likewise if the club just kept a guilty silence.

But this is exactly why the OF will continue to get their own way.

Because they didn't help us we're not going to help them.

so next time they will say

and so it goes on and on and on and nothing will ever change

Ron Burgundy
But this is exactly why the OF will continue to get their own way.

so next time they will say

and so it goes on and on and on and nothing will ever change

I agree but I believe the Andy Davis incident was just so unbelievable (not just a moan about a dodgy ref) that other clubs could have maybe spoke out.

Your right that things will never change.

Guest juvehearts

i cant believe some people are saying feck them they had their chance?

so we give up after one attempt?

just let it go coz we didnt get our way?

ffs man get a grip, we MUST back yogi up all the way & i really wish others would do the fxxing same, im sick to the back teeth of the GFA getting their own way 24 fxxing 7 :evilno::evilno::evilno::evilno:.

how can gordon strachan not get the same after his countless actions?

i think the other 10 clubs are ***** scared to go it alone in scotland because we need the ugly sisters.

IF the OF dont have a league to play in then they have NO choice bot to accept the other 10 club's preposals.

i just wish someone would have the balls to push foward this stratgey for change. I'd love to but i am just one person on a football fan's forum & dont have a clue where to start

Can someone remind me...what punishment did Walter Smith get after he barged the fourth official in the Walter v Mixu heavyweight contest?

Seymour M Hersh

Remember he has only good honest Scottish laddies in his team!

This was my initial reaction as well.

However Bean Counter et al make a fair point in that nothing will change as long as we all squable with each other.

Maybe, in this instance, if we showed a bit of solidarity with Falkirk then maybe next time they will do the same for us.

The OF are masters of the divide and conquer tactic.

Archived