Old Photo of my Gran

Alfie22

Hearts 1_thumb.jpg

i was going through some old photo's of my Gran who just recently passed away.

Found this wee gem with Donald Ford.

Seems my Gran was the first female chairman of Broxburn Hearts Supporters Club.

If i find anymore photo's i'll stick them on.

On the left is Jim Brown.

Presumably Malky Robertson on far left.

Great picture. What a wummin.

Far left is Eddie Thomson, then Jim Brown, Bobby Kirk, John Cumming* and Kevin Hegarty*.

* Just guessing here.

The only one who is anything like Malky Robertson is on Donald's immediate left.

I hope you have that framed and up on your wall...what a great thing to have. And what a fabulous lady. :)

She was mate, she ruled the roost at home :). Cheers!!

She has all sorts of old Hearts stuff , i'll need to look them all out.

The guy to Donald Fords immediate left looks like somebody I knew called Andrew Owenson from Broxburn. he died in the mid eighties.

You should send this to Donald...he'd love to see it I'm sure. If you google Donald Ford photography you'll find his website and get him that way. He's a gent and will reply I'm sure

You should send this to Donald...he'd love to see it I'm sure. If you google Donald Ford photography you'll find his website and get him that way. He's a gent and will reply I'm sure

I might well do that :thumb:Cheers

winston churchill

does his son not post on here.

Eddie Thomson & Donald Ford, two of my all time favourite Hearts players... I remember I cried when Eddie went to Aberdeen, and Donald is quite simply an all time great!

Sorry to hear about your Gran's passing Alfie - thanks for posting this.

Eddie Thomson & Donald Ford, two of my all time favourite Hearts players... I remember I cried when Eddie went to Aberdeen, and Donald is quite simply an all time great!

Sorry to hear about your Gran's passing Alfie - thanks for posting this.

Thanks John :) I think she would have liked this being posted on here she was a right Jambo die-hard :)

I sent the Photo on to Donald as per JamboJohn1's suggestion, he sent this back, the man is a real gent.

Andy - that was kind of you....sorry to hear about Mrs Turnbull. We were at the Broxburn Supporters' Dance on several occasions - always a great night!

Not sure if it is of interest, but Eddie Thomson ( on extreme left of pic) also died last year in Australia - he had cancer......still a young man.

The club is in a real mess right now - no honesty or courage from the owners....NOT looking good and the next six months could be crucial....

Thanks again - kind regards to anyone who remembers me!

Donald

blondejamtart
I sent the Photo on to Donald as per JamboJohn1's suggestion, he sent this back, the man is a real gent.

Andy - that was kind of you....sorry to hear about Mrs Turnbull. We were at the Broxburn Supporters' Dance on several occasions - always a great night!

Not sure if it is of interest, but Eddie Thomson ( on extreme left of pic) also died last year in Australia - he had cancer......still a young man.

The club is in a real mess right now - no honesty or courage from the owners....NOT looking good and the next six months could be crucial....

Donald

Nice piece of the club's history for you to have (apart from the obvious sentimental family value), and nice of Donald Ford to send you that reply!

Donald

Typical superb class from Donald Ford, always one of my favourite Hearts players. Thanks for posting this Alfie. Sorry about your gran, she sounds like she was a great lady.

thefordladdy
does his son not post on here.

Occasionally ;)

Off to see the old boy tomorrow to get cuffed at golf as per usual - I'll mention the photo (I see he has replied above)

Cheers

Typical superb class from Donald Ford, always one of my favourite Hearts players. Thanks for posting this Alfie. Sorry about your gran, she sounds like she was a great lady.

She was :) Cheers,

She always had a story about the Hearts to tell.

Rudolf's Mate

This thread really has brought a lump to my throat and makes me really proud that we have people such as your nan that followed the club & legends such a Donald who take the time to reply.

All the best and I hope your nan will be looking down in time to come to see you celebrating us getting back to doing the business.

This thread really has brought a lump to my throat and makes me really proud that we have people such as your nan that followed the club & legends such a Donald who take the time to reply.

All the best and I hope your nan will be looking down in time to come to see you celebrating us getting back to doing the business.

Thanks very much J Morley. it's been brilliant just reading the posts coming on....helped alot. :) she would be loving everyone have a good look at the photo trying to pick out the players and such. Hearst were all she would talk about when i visited her, including the day she passed away. she was a Jambo through and through :)

Ogi fae Gorgie

"Thanks again - kind regards to anyone who remembers me!" Donald son we will never forget you and for the poster a great photo of a very proud woman your gran.

I think that would be before Malky Robertson's time at the club, not sure though.

Fantastic photo though and as always Donald Ford comes across as a real gentleman.

vintersjambo

As a Long time Bathgate member we have always had a close contact with Broxburn Hearts, and have met this great Hearts supporter at local dances. Broxburn have always been a loyal jambo club.

Time carries on, and the picture with Fordy, Jimmy Brown and Eddie Thomson brings back such memories.

Fordy in particular along with Jim Cruickshank was a great attender of Bathgate dances.

Where are Robin Calder and Tommy Cooper of Broxburn Hearts. :)

japanjambo
Am I being stupid here, but is that not the Buzzbomb next to Fordy.

Yes, you're being stupid, salecc ;) he he he

Alfie, so sorry to hear of you Gran's passing. I didn't know her personally, but she sounds like a great jambo and a wonderful person. Lovely to see Donald giving you a reply too!

Lynn

Archived