On Smelltic TV now...

Shaggy2

20th Nov 1999

Hearts 1-2 Celtic

Memorable because Alan Stubbs got booked then committed NINE fouls before Colin Cameron was red carded for elbowing Mjallby after he'd been manhandled for about thirty yards. We were 1-0 up at the time.

I also recall that even Murdo MacLeod was asking why Stubbs wasn't shown a second yellow and Bill Leckie on the Monday stating that if Celtic were to win the league that season then Mike McCurry should get a medal struck!

Ian Scheidt scored the winner via a late deflection IIRC.

We've had a few injustices against both of the Old Squirm but some stand out in people's memories more than others. Probably because of Leckie's column this one stands out for me.

20th Nov 1999

Hearts 1-2 Celtic

Memorable because Alan Stubbs got booked then committed NINE fouls before Colin Cameron was red carded for elbowing Mjallby after he'd been manhandled for about thirty yards. We were 1-0 up at the time.

I also recall that even Murdo MacLeod was asking why Stubbs wasn't shown a second yellow and Bill Leckie on the Monday stating that if Celtic were to win the league that season then Mike McCurry should get a medal struck!

Ian Scheidt scored the winner via a late deflection IIRC.

We've had a few injustices against both of the Old Squirm but some stand out in people's memories more than others. Probably because of Leckie's column this one stands out for me.

That's the thing about playing the OF, it's not just the high profile decisions like penalties and sending-offs that make a difference but the constant low-level bias that gradually grinds down the opposing team. Like always letting them away with fouls so they keep possession, always awarding innocuous fouls against the other team so they keep possession, giving every difficult to call throw-in decision their way so they keep possession etc. etc.

Stubbs always got an astonishing amount of protection by the referees. He was always down squealing about being injured, and never got the numbers of bookings or sendings off his dirty game deserved.

I remember the Cameron sending off well. Mjallby had Mickey's shirt for a long time, and Mickey was trying to brush him off. Mjallby was down on the ground squealing when he was slapped in the stomach if I remember rightly.

It was Moravcik who scored the late winner with a strike from around 25 yards. It was on last night. Maybe I'm being a little harsh but I also thought big Gilles should have saved the shot. Ian Shight got the equaliser via the aid of a deflection with just under 20 to go.

Miller Jambo 60
It was Moravcik who scored the late winner with a strike from around 25 yards. It was on last night. Maybe I'm being a little harsh but I also thought big Gilles should have saved the shot. Ian Shight got the equaliser via the aid of a deflection with just under 20 to go.

PKHEID SMELLS wont be back

Ron Burgundy

I thought that the official party line after the AGM was that there is no OF bias and that we once got a dodgy penalty against the Huns in a cup final so that proves it.

I'M IBRAHIM TALL

Seem to recall Mickey got sent off for actually LOWERING his hands to big Dolph. Crazy realy. Also remember that game for sitting next to a guy that was to be nice, rather excentric. Mickey scored very early and the boy sarted crying. In fact he was absolutly bawling. Some boy!!

The Old Tolbooth

This is the second night in a row that Hearts fans have started a thread about watching smeltic tv, I wanna know why the **** Hearts fans would watch that **** in the first place!!!

topoarthursseat
PKHEID SMELLS wont be back

last time i was there we won the scottish cup no requirement to return EVER

To risk being a bit unfeeling Stubbs always got more leeway from refs after his well publicised health problems.

Guest gorgie kev
To risk being a bit unfeeling Stubbs always got more leeway from refs after his well publicised health problems.

Stubbs was a Bawbag.

Archived