Mortages

bob

Csaba's Broon Shoes
How much are you guys getting stung per month for your mortgages?

well everybody will owe the bank different amounts over various lengths

of time , so how long for how much

Legend Claws

I just got battered by a 200 quid increase after a fixed period ending. Trying to negociate a new fixed rate but it ain't easy from the other side of the world!

Isaac Begbie

We've got a tracker mortgage, so have actually seen a reduction of about ?50 over the last few months. Which is nice.

Dix Handley
Zilch paid off last year - mind you I'm an auld yin.

You`ll be one of those poor pensioners that

we are always hearing about then..;)

Stuart Lyon

Dix - you got me in one. Took early retirement in September 07 and became a pensioner in February this year. Still not 60 but did 42 years with my employer. For about 4 years in the late 60s/early 70s I had a bar job working 4 nights a week and all day saturday so I think I've done my bit.

Our 2 year fixed rate period has just ended and we're paying approx ?40 a month more between us. Not too bad I think, I've heard some horror stories recently.

doctor jambo

Gone up ?245 a month this year- end of fixed rate deal

Now costing ?1075 monthly

Major headache!

The Old Tolbooth
?350 half tracker half endowment 11 years left from the 25 started with;)

Surely you mean, half repayment, half interest only Billy ;)

I know your a gambling man, but endowments?????? :confused:

I remember that the rule of thumb was that your rent or mortgage should roughly equal a weeks wages after tax.

Changed days.

The Old Tolbooth
I remember that the rule of thumb was that your rent or mortgage should roughly equal a weeks wages after tax.

Changed days.

Roughly translated, equals 3 times your income over a borrowing period of 25 years which equates to approximately a quarter of your monthly salary. ;)

Roughly translated, equals 3 times your income over a borrowing period of 25 years which equates to approximately a quarter of your monthly salary. ;)

Typical mortgage person, finding confusing ways to explain easy things.

The Old Tolbooth
Typical mortgage person, finding confusing ways to explain easy things.

:D

You know me well ;)

Just under ?400 per month, but only got a year left, which is pretty cool as Im only in my 30's!!

All those missed nights out at the boozer when I was teen/early twenties cuz I had a mortgage to pay, rendering me constantly skint, were worthwhile - though at the time it wasnt so much fun.....!

coppercrutch

I have a cunning plan never to have a mortgage.(Or If I have to a very small one)

And it doesn't come down to being lucky or getting inheritance. :)

I have a nice staff mortgage from a big mortgage lender, came down from ?445 to ?405 in the last few months ;)

I have a cunning plan never to have a mortgage.(Or If I have to a very small one)

And it doesn't come down to being lucky or getting inheritance. :)

CC's "des res"

boxes03.jpg

coppercrutch

Just out of interest (Pardon the pun) how many of you actually work out how much interest you are paying to the bank ?

Quite scary. I would rather pay the bank sweet **** all !!

Just out of interest (Pardon the pun) how many of you actually work out how much interest you are paying to the bank ?

Quite scary. I would rather pay the bank sweet **** all !!

Emmm...Yes....I think you'll find we all would rather not but hey........who else is going to loan me a quarter of a mill....??

coppercrutch
Emmm...Yes....I think you'll find we all would rather not but hey........who else is going to loan me a quarter of a mill....??

Fair point !! However there are other ways to do it. Wait to buy at the right time. Save up all you can. Pay cash. Use the money to earn YOU interest rather than the bank.

That is my plan anyway, however one of my investment's in gold is looking shaky at the mo !! Just stuck in another grand. I think I must be mental. :eek:

Boaby Ewing
Fair point !! However there are other ways to do it. Wait to buy at the right time. Save up all you can. Pay cash. Use the money to earn YOU interest rather than the bank.

That is my plan anyway, however one of my investment's in gold is looking shaky at the mo !! Just stuck in another grand. I think I must be mental. :eek:

What price was it at when you bought into your gold ETF/shares the first time?

It's just broken below $850 an ounce btw - would I be right in saying you recently got an email saying 'now is the time to buy' or something along those lines?

Not saying its not, not saying it is. But I am curious...

coppercrutch
What price was it at when you bought into your gold ETF/shares the first time?

It's just broken below $850 an ounce btw - would I be right in saying you recently got an email saying 'now is the time to buy' or something along those lines?

Not saying its not, not saying it is. But I am curious...

I bought in gold/silver related shares. So not exactly linked to the price of gold, but pretty close.

I am about ?300 down just now I think. As for an email no danger. I like to make my own mind up about things. If it is a bad move then so be it !! I reckon it will do very well over the next year though. You can't just jump ship every time you are in negative territory !!

I just got battered by a 200 quid increase after a fixed period ending. Trying to negociate a new fixed rate but it ain't easy from the other side of the world!

Just went through exact same thing mate, can recommend an excellent broker who sorted me out via email (she did the original one too). PM me if you want details.

chester copperpot

Was paying out just under a grand a month just before xmas, and before the in laws gave me their hoose.

My mortgage payment now is ?0.

Its great.

davemclaren
Was paying out just under a grand a month just before xmas, and before the in laws gave me their hoose.

My mortgage payment now is ?0.

Its great.

A bit generous of them. ;)

Archived