Webster to Wolves (merged threads)

rossthejambo

I'd be surprised if Wolves were interested in anothe Hearts player after Berra & Eggy not exactly working out.

Would that be the same Berra that has played over 130 games for them? More games than he played at Hearts/

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would that be the same Berra that has played over 130 games for them? More games than he played at Hearts/

And Webster is a better player than Berra ..Fact

That story has clearly been takin straight out of kickback.

No quotes from either wolves, hearts or webster as standard.

Did they not report novikovas was offski last week? Next.

As well as he has played up here, I dont think andy will cut it down there, he his chance before and it didn't work out.

I tend to agree. He's lost his pace and that could be a killer down there. I think if what you read here is true, it's the Captain who's on mega bucks in comparison to most. If thats the case with our predicament it should be Zaliukas we let go and keep Webster. Could get a better fee for Zaliukas through his age alone. Sad though it would be, it's the bigger financial imperative.

Done this to death yesterday.....Webster to wolves won't happen.

Oops. Didn't see that. Mods, please delete

tartofmidlothian

I tend to agree. He's lost his pace and that could be a killer down there. I think if what you read here is true, it's the Captain who's on mega bucks in comparison to most. If thats the case with our predicament it should be Zaliukas we let go and keep Webster. Could get a better fee for Zaliukas through his age alone. Sad though it would be, it's the bigger financial imperative.

Probably best for us financially if we lose one, but a disaster for the team if we lose both. Sad to say I'd let Zal go, a bigger wage and more chance of a decent fee because he's younger. Webster would be a great player to keep and make captain, he easily shits the SPL whereas a move down south might see him back at Dundee United for a grand a week in a year's time. Hopefully he can see that whatever the club might offer is still a better deal than elsewhere in the SPL.

Hopefully the club recognises this too.

tartofmidlothian

Oops. Didn't see that. Mods, please delete

What about a merge? I like re-reading Zachearts' post. It makes me feel better.

Probably best for us financially if we lose one, but a disaster for the team if we lose both. Sad to say I'd let Zal go, a bigger wage and more chance of a decent fee because he's younger. Webster would be a great player to keep and make captain, he easily shits the SPL whereas a move down south might see him back at Dundee United for a grand a week in a year's time. Hopefully he can see that whatever the club might offer is still a better deal than elsewhere in the SPL.

Hopefully the club recognises this too.

Its my belief that there's no forward planning at Hearts beyond May right now. Both financially and footballing. Not got any itk knowledge or that but it really sounds and looks haphazard in the way we are going about all this. To me the board and manager and dof shouldve drawn up a list of who must be kept and work around that based on where we gave able replacements from the youth set up (so mainly midfield) and work around that. This should've been done midway through the run to December so guys like D.McGowan, Robinson, Barr, Smith, Webster etc were on new reduced terms deals and those clearly unaffordable being sold after a month of seeking out buyers. For all i know this or a variation has occured. But from first news of how bad it was surfaced till now, its been a tad courseless.

Glamorgan Jambo

Wolves are currently 18th in the championship 6 points clear of the relegation zone. They need to tighten up at the back first and then try to go on a run to challenge for the play offs. An international centre back like stroller whosm their other centre back knows and trusts is an ideal and sensible addition to their squad. Don't be so pessimistic about the money they'll offer either. Webby's value to them for this and next season is significant.

Unless the whole story is nonsense...

Its my belief that there's no forward planning at Hearts beyond May right now. Both financially and footballing. Not got any itk knowledge or that but it really sounds and looks haphazard in the way we are going about all this. To me the board and manager and dof shouldve drawn up a list of who must be kept and work around that based on where we gave able replacements from the youth set up (so mainly midfield) and work around that. This should've been done midway through the run to December so guys like D.McGowan, Robinson, Barr, Smith, Webster etc were on new reduced terms deals and those clearly unaffordable being sold after a month of seeking out buyers. For all i know this or a variation has occured. But from first news of how bad it was surfaced till now, its been a tad courseless.

I agree with this, although I suspect there isnt any forward planning beyond next week/month right now.

Fort Vallance

He would be a huge loss to us and a big asset to Wolves for the rest of this season. But I don't believe he's fit enough to go through a full season down there next year. Particularly if miraculously they went up.

Glamorgan Jambo

He would be a huge loss to us and a big asset to Wolves for the rest of this season. But I don't believe he's fit enough to go through a full season down there next year. Particularly if miraculously they went up.

He's perfectly capable of managing a full season in the championship. The standard is similar to the much maligned SPL. If they got promoted, which they won't, they can easily get another centre half.

Say What Again

I am just coming to terms with our situation.

And I'm just coming to terms with your claims to be a Hearts fan :D

4 posts so far - yes I know, before anyone starts the 'oh so you need 10,000 posts on here to be a hearts fan', no, not at all, but when the 4 posts so far contain:

People may disagree with this but I think McGlynn got the tactics spot on, we neutralised there midfield and Griffiths by playing long ball tactics. Zal won every header, technically there is midfield is better than our and we neutralised them

Apart from that the Long Ball worked all game

I honestly don't think Mcpake tried to "nail" Robinson as quoted by others.. just a missed time block. The replay footage is not conclusive either as from most of the footage you dont see the contact between Robinson and Mcpake. But.. there is definitely contact but from the footage no one can say Mcpake's intention was to "nail" Robinson.

This whole "Stevo" situation has been taking to a new level by us. From where I was sitting it looked like a shocking tackle, after watching the highlights it looked even worse. We were very lucky that he stayed on the park.

IMO the attitude and "arrogance" from McGlynn & Ryan surrounding the tackle does not paint a great picture for us as a club. The media will jump at the chance to bad mouth our club. It was an awful challenge and people on here who even argue that it was a red card are deluded. If we had kept a low profile about the situation or even admitted out guilt then the media and other clubs will have respected our club a lot more. A 2 game ban was sufficient for the crime and the "optimistic" appeal from us is baffling. Another few grand down the drain, our cash.

My last point is the excessive abuse some people have towards James Mcpake over the incident. That he was "Whining" and "Crying" to the ref.. He got up straight away and showed collum his leg. Ryan has done him good, he has the right to feel aggrieved. We really don't help ourselves in any way.

I really hope that we get the ball down on the deck and start playing instead of Zal's long balls

All we can hope for this group of youth players to be a golden generation to keep us afloat till the end of the season. Midtable is realistically were we should be aiming for, we need to accumulate as many points in Jan as we are bound to lose our "better" players and no doubt there will be another **** up with the wages and we could be hit with a points deduction!.

I found Leighs behaviour at the end of the game amusing, shows he has humorous side to the thumb chants he receives. Ability wise he would walk into our team

While the last is probably correct, when added to the above, that's quite a collection you've amassed in 4 posts. Nothing positive to say about Hearts (I didn't even bother quoting the Andy Driver slagging in every post), yet defence of Hibs players and praise of their ability.

091114-suspicious-cat.jpg

Goldstone Wonder

Mentioned in dispatches in the Times today that Big Sam is interested in taking Webster to West Ham.

Mentioned in dispatches in the Times today that Big Sam is interested in taking Webster to West Ham.

Big Sam does love a bargain.

Webster back to the EPL though? I can't see it.

And I'm just coming to terms with your claims to be a Hearts fan :D

4 posts so far - yes I know, before anyone starts the 'oh so you need 10,000 posts on here to be a hearts fan', no, not at all, but when the 4 posts so far contain:

While the last is probably correct, when added to the above, that's quite a collection you've amassed in 4 posts. Nothing positive to say about Hearts (I didn't even bother quoting the Andy Driver slagging in every post), yet defence of Hibs players and praise of their ability.

091114-suspicious-cat.jpg

im really not too sure what the problem is with practically any of those posts you quoted, they all seem reasonable to me.

You don't have to have maroon tinted specs to be a Hearts fan.

im really not too sure what the problem is with practically any of those posts you quoted, they all seem reasonable to me.

You don't have to have maroon tinted specs to be a Hearts fan.

Hearts played long ball (we didn't) against hibs because they have a better midfield(they don't) is a stinking heap of shite for a start.

I can't see how you can't have maroon tinted specs, all I have I'm afraid...can't see it from any other angle only Hearts.

Hearts played long ball (we didn't) against hibs because they have a better midfield(they don't) is a stinking heap of shite for a start.

ok, but it wasn't a exactly a classy game of skill, and I also don't have a particularly impressive impression of our own midfield so I don't see how thinking that makes this fella a Hobo?

I thought Stevenson's tackle was a shocker too... I didn't take the maroon tinted version that because it was Stevenson it was an ok challenge.... that might not tow the party line, but it doesn't make me a Hobo.

Agree. Any contention that the hammer throwers in the Hibs midfield are technically better than ours is beyond ludicrous.

ok, but it wasn't a exactly a classy game of skill, and I also don't have a particularly impressive impression of our own midfield so I don't see how thinking that makes this fella a Hobo?

I thought Stevenson's tackle was a shocker too... I didn't take the maroon tinted version that because it was Stevenson it was an ok challenge.... that might not tow the party line, but it doesn't make me a Hobo.

It wasn't but we controlled the game. Our midfield was much better.

I agree on the tackle though.

It wasn't but we controlled the game. Our midfield was much better.

I agree on the tackle though.

Im not defending anyone and wont say more on the matter, just not sure hanging someone out to dry as a Hobo for what seems like pretty reasonable opinions is that fair.

Mind you this is Kickback and hardly a bastion of educated fair-mindedness.

You're on your own Marcus....

There is a rumour that Tomkins may be headed to Tyneside from West Ham, so Allardyce might go for Webster as a possible back up plan. He has not hidden his displeasure at the lack of experience in the squad. Would seem a strange one, though.

Say What Again

Im not defending anyone and wont say more on the matter, just not sure hanging someone out to dry as a Hobo for what seems like pretty reasonable opinions is that fair.

Mind you this is Kickback and hardly a bastion of educated fair-mindedness.

You're on your own Marcus....

I wasn't hanging anyone out to dry as a Hobo, simply stating my niggling thoughts on the matter. Carry on though with your opinion that I'm leading a pitch forked witch hunt.

I merely pointed out in the guys four posts, he's had a go at several Hearts players while defended Hibs players, slated our style as long ball while praising their technical ability (that one alone is enough - that's pure Hibs through and through), mentioned the financial situation in nearly every post, and claimed we should at best be aiming mid table. He may not be a Hibs fan, but at very best he's a doom-monger.

Have heard that Berra wants to leave. So could been seen as a replacement.

He had a transfer request accepted at the start of the season.

been busy lately so not au fait with the situation, but how could berra be a replacement? i thought we were barred from registering players over the age of 21, or did i miss something?

been busy lately so not au fait with the situation, but how could berra be a replacement? i thought we were barred from registering players over the age of 21, or did i miss something?

It's not too clear, but perhaps it was meant the other way round..? That if Berea leaves Wolves, Webster would be the replacement..? :unsure:

It's not too clear, but perhaps it was meant the other way round..? That if Berea leaves Wolves, Webster would be the replacement..? :unsure:

This.... Webster could fill the gap at Wolves

ah. indeed.

Not sure if this helps BUT..there has been NO approach,phone call,enquiry or communication about either Webster or Zaliukas from ANY club...be it Wolves,West Ham or AN Other.

Not sure if this helps BUT..there has been NO approach,phone call,enquiry or communication about either Webster or Zaliukas from ANY club...be it Wolves,West Ham or AN Other.

It's all agent talk mate, guaranteed.

portobellojambo1

It's all agent talk mate, guaranteed.

I would be more inclined to suggest that it is simply rubbish put in papers/stuck into 24 hours a day sports coverage programmes to fill empty columns/slots before they go to print/on air.

Is that a good thing or a bad thing? Still a big funding gap between now and the end of the season.

I would be more inclined to suggest that it is simply rubbish put in papers/stuck into 24 hours a day sports coverage programmes to fill empty columns/slots before they go to print/on air.

You could very well be right there PJ1

Is that a good thing or a bad thing? Still a big funding gap between now and the end of the season.

Personally would like to see our strongest team possible for the semi final, getting to the final speaks for itself in terms of finance

scots civil war

absolute nailed on lochender back there tho eh

webster leaving would be a massive blunder and detrimental to the steadying of the ship on the park

Ah, the noble Bereans!

Now, if there was anyone that Kickback could learn from, it would be the noble Bereans.

This has become a sickening season. The sooner we can get to the end of it simply surviving, the better.

I don't think I can take much more of this Romanov regime. For the sake of my dad I always support the Jambos.

He would have started going to B games around 1920 as a boy living in Henderson Terrace. My Mum was a cousin of Willie Bauld, Hearts are in my blood.

Even with all this I am getting heart sick of the situation. I am depressed now.

Nucky Thompson

This has become a sickening season. The sooner we can get to the end of it simply surviving, the better.

I don't think I can take much more of this Romanov regime. For the sake of my dad I always support the Jambos.

He would have started going to B games around 1920 as a boy living in Henderson Terrace. My Mum was a cousin of Willie Bauld, Hearts are in my blood.

Even with all this I am getting heart sick of the situation. I am depressed now.

Eh, what the feck are you going on about :wtf:

Have not kept up to date with the goings on back up north lately but even then have not heard anything surrounding Webby. Zal et al and my brother usually keeps me up to date on this. However I'd say Zal is a better investment for any club and we'd get more money for him. But until it is set in stone, I just take transfer talk with a pinch of salt. Dont you just love the January transfer window.

Mind we could post bullshit about transfers and see if any of it appears in the ****** or sun after all isn't JKB where they usually look for stories to print?

Fxxx the SPFL

This funding gap should now be minimal we were asked to find ?2m shortfall, shares took in ?1m+ assuming we get the ?400k for gowser that only leaves ?600k given all the recent extra tickets bought for Hearts home games up and coming semi final etc etc there should be very little if any shortfall. The Hibs game should have made us at least ?200k how about some clarity from Hearts on this !!!!!!

deary me, I would fear for him if this were true.

Some Hearts fans have been spoiled by Oor Vlad

:10600:

And struggled in most of them.

jamboinglasgow

Was thinking today about a worse case scenario, and say by the time of the the semi, we lose the four players linked with leaving this month (Webster, Zal, Novikovas and Driver) it is crazy to see how inexperienced our team will be for that game. For that game we are without Barr and Stevenson who are suspended. Hamill is unlikely to be back in time. So we are left with a very young team, a back four where Dylan McGowan is the oldest and most experienced. I could see two teams playing against ICT in this scenario:

4-2-3-1

MacDonald

Mullen, McKay, McGowan McHattie

Taouil, Prychynenko

Patterson Holt Walker

Sutton

Bench: Ridgers, McGhee, Robinson, Carrick, Smith

4-4-2

MacDonald

Mullen, Mckay, McGowan, McHattie

Patterson Taouil Prychynenko Walker

Smith Sutton

Subs: Ridgers, McGhee, Holt, Robinson, Carrick

Now I think this is very unlikely to be this scenario though I do reckon we will lose at least 1 more player before ICT and a second one before the end of the transfer window, But it shows how much done to the bare bones we are getting. And while I feel there is great talent among our young players, a lot will have to learn to grow up fast in the first team.

Archived