Webster to Wolves (merged threads)

rossthejambo

Sky Sports understands Wolves are weighing up a move for Hearts defender Andy Webster. New Wolves boss Dean Saunders is keen to bolster his defensive options and Webster is thought to be on his radar.

:(

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
tartofmidlothian

Sky Sports understands Wolves are weighing up a move for Hearts defender Andy Webster. New Wolves boss Dean Saunders is keen to bolster his defensive options and Webster is thought to be on his radar.

:(

Can we have Berra back?

Will be a sore one to take if he goes now but needs must and all that. A fantastic defender.

Wonder how much the fee will be?

If there's a deal being put together for Webster I realy can't see anybody coming the other way. We have a transfer embargo

In all fairness, after Dylan's performance against Hibs, I'm less wary about losing Webster.

If we do lose Webster, we can't lose Zal.

Would say he is a bigger loss than Zaliukas. Harsh realities of the time dictate a good bid and he's gone. Excellent player. Hope he doesnt go and we somehow retain his services. Worrying look to the end of the season.

Jimmy McNulty

Sadly, we are a selling club. The good old days when we never used to be...

We will miss Webster badly, but we need the money. The one game I saw last season, he was a standout.

Dreaming

Basing it off of the fact he played for wigan, and that English football teams get far too much, hopefully they can see an experianced center half is worthwhile

So we have Zaliukas, Barr, D.McGowan, McHattie, Mullen and Hamill (when back). Grainger long term injury.

We simply cannot lose anybody else. The back 4 looked ok against Hibs....but then that was only Hibs...

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

This puts us in a tricky situation because we have to keep one of Zal and Webster and by all accounts Webster is not on big wages while Zal is.

Prince Buaben

We need to keep one of the experienced centre halfs to help the younger defenders come through,

Would have prefered Webster to do this but as said needs must. Another 500k for him would be good.

Wee Gowser in the middle with Zal.

Prince Buaben

So we have Zaliukas, Barr, D.McGowan, McHattie, Mullen and Hamill (when back). Grainger long term injury.

We simply cannot lose anybody else. The back 4 looked ok against Hibs....but then that was only Hibs...

Add to that Brad McKay currently getting first team experience and big Denis can play centre half too.

Looking likely that he will sign a pre contract

Wolves need a centre half now and we need money now.....no chance of a pre contract

I reckon the Baltic Beckenbauer will be next.

Wolves need a centre half now and we need money now.....no chance of a pre contract

Wolves will pay no more than 50k now

loveofthegame

Sadly, we are a selling club. The good old days when we never used to be...

We will miss Webster badly, but we need the money. The one game I saw last season, he was a standout.

When have we ever not been a selling club?! I'm 25 and we certainly always have been in my lifetime. Vlad got us ONE incredible deal for Gordon, but he was an exceptional keeper.

Sell Webster and Parkhead will be a disaster

Webster is already suspended for Parkhead IIRC

ToadKiller Dog

When have we ever not been a selling club?! I'm 25 and we certainly always have been in my lifetime. Vlad got us ONE incredible deal for Gordon, but he was an exceptional keeper.

Webster is already suspended for Parkhead IIRC

Is it not Zal that's suspended ?

john brownlee

if we get money for him great

also that might pay the outstanding bonus' and therefore end the embargo

But in all reality would anybody especally an english club give money for someone who clearly failed in engerland. I would imagine wolves would wait and get him for nothing unless they were truly desprate

Leigh Griffiths or Eggert Jonnson part ex ?

would be nice, but unless we get them a hookey passport that says they're 19 it aint gonna happen.

winston churchill

If Mr Webster leaves,it's a bottom three finish this season.

I wonder why noboby has come in for the Bombscare yet.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Can't see it being a pre-contract.

Saunders is just in the door and will be wanting an immediate impact. Would be strange if he's making signings for the summer now.

letsalllaughathobos

I am a fan of webbys but I feel we are better to take what we can for whoever, he will be replaced by another from the academy, fine.

Half a million :lol:

I'll crack the jokes ffs. Out of contract in the summer, wrong side of 30, history of injury problems? ?500k :lol:

loveofthegame

Is it not Zal that's suspended ?

You might be right mate. For some reason off the top of my head I thought it was AW.

This won't happen....had a read through the Wolves forum and would seem that it's a striker that they are after....alot of them think that Sky are just plucking names from thin air

Archived