this is why our national game is deep in the s***

h-e-a-r-t-s

Possibly does happen in Scotland, however there seems to be a focus on kids bulking up and being physical so not to get halved, instead of learning ball control, passing etc!

Walter Bishop

Possibly does happen in Scotland, however there seems to be a focus on kids bulking up and being physical so not to get halved, instead of learning ball control, passing etc!

Really? Are you involved in kids football?

There has been massive changes at grass root level over the past decade and all for the better IMO.

Did some dutch boy not come in a few years back to further revamp/improve the youth development?

I absolutely guarantee that kind of thing happens at kids level in Scotland every single week.

presume you're both joking? :what:

What a load of crap. Are you involved with youth football? What you have written could not be further from the truth. The people who criticise our youth football tend to be too lazy to come down and help. If you have any great ideas for improving our game then get down to your local club and help out. You won't be turned away.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

presume you're both joking? :what:

Surely you must agree with one or the other? They are contradicting each other, they can't both be wrong!

What a load of crap. Are you involved with youth football? What you have written could not be further from the truth. The people who criticise our youth football tend to be too lazy to come down and help. If you have any great ideas for improving our game then get down to your local club and help out. You won't be turned away.

As soon as you get a disclosure sorted out ....

I know some people that are involved in youth football (coaching wise etc) and they all say about not being allowed to say "that was unlucky/ lucky" because of some thing to do with making the kids believe luck plays no part in football. I can understand that but it's a horrific thing not to allow them some leeway surely?

Language is important. We are encouraged to praise effort rather than ability and to praise a good run rather than criticise the miss at the end of it.

It's pretty simple stuff and makes sense.

Telling a kid he is unlucky won't help him much. Telling him he is getting close and with a bit more work he will improve that technique so that he will score next time is a bit more productive.

yabadabadoo1874again

Coaching in our area for kids and organisation in the dutch model is sensational...truly believe benefits will be seen in next decade after at least 2 decades of total neglect.... great inspirational coaching, inclusive...and reinforcing technique from training field into the 7 a side games at the weekends.... its all good and magic to go watch....

not 100% sure but spartans are doing this 2020 thing to get their youth players as developed players for 2020, i dont know the ins and outs of it or if its just spartans but thats something anyway

not 100% sure but spartans are doing this 2020 thing to get their youth players as developed players for 2020, i dont know the ins and outs of it or if its just spartans but thats something anyway

20/20 is a SFA Programme. I know a kid on it and it's a great set up.

Francis Albert

Dreadful defending. Is tackling not allowed?

The scoring team's keeper also in a near bombscare moment there.

Seriously, if the players who have come through to Hearts first team in the last couple of seasons are anything to go by, I don't think it's all doom and gloom.

Footballfirst

A terrific team goal and candidate for goal of the season.

Hearts U20s scored a great team goal involving 10 different players and 22 passes earlier in the season against Motherwell. Jamie Walker finished the move with a shot from 25 yards into the top corner.

The best individual goal I've seen this was one for Hearts U12s. Player won the ball by his own corner flag, played a one-two to get past the first opponent in the corner, nutmegged the next defender around the halfway line, went round the last defender with a sway of the shoulders, then dummied the keeper one way and sent the ball into the opposite corner of the net.

The coaching at youth level has improved dramatically over the last few years, more emphasis is now put on skills and technique. To be honest we've always done pretty well at school age, it's when the kids get to 15-16-17 that we tend to lose our way and thats a lot more to do with this countries culture than any lack of ability.

Coaching in our area for kids and organisation in the dutch model is sensational...truly believe benefits will be seen in next decade after at least 2 decades of total neglect.... great inspirational coaching, inclusive...and reinforcing technique from training field into the 7 a side games at the weekends.... its all good and magic to go watch....

There is a lot more 4g/5g pitches which must be massive help. 5 years ago we had one 3G pitch in west Lothian at Livi stadium now their is at least 6 that I can think of. Facilities is the main thih that needs looked at not the coaching!

There is a lot more 4g/5g pitches which must be massive help. 5 years ago we had one 3G pitch in west Lothian at Livi stadium now their is at least 6 that I can think of. Facilities is the main thih that needs looked at not the coaching!

The facilities are a help but the biggest change is in coach education. We need more coaches getting qualified to a higher level. That is the main difference between us and successful nations like the Dutch.

yabadabadoo1874again

Probably a mix of both, strong coaching culture in the soccer centre including proper training for coaches, but East Renfrewshire facilities seem difficult to get for football, other sports also use the pitches...so lots of fundraising to help get a facility...ie pitch for the hundreds of kids who go to the very successful Giffnock Soccer Centre.... in Glasgow

http://www.guardian....dren-goal-video

can you imagine any scottish team, at any age group, being as comfortable on the ball as these guys?

all starts with the coaching and the 'philosophy'

That's a great film but it's sad to say that I don't think that several youth teams in Edinburgh, never mind Scotland, would have let them pass the ball like that, without getting at least one sore one.

fountainbridgehearts

i watch liberton united u9/10s most weeks. my wee brother is the goalkeeper there he plays for the u9's and usually u10's every weekend!

I see these sort of goals by this team most weekends. these wee laddies have played with each other for 2 years and know where each other are, they have an understanding of where the ball should be played.

his is down to the excellent coaching by the team there and by sheer ability by at least 4 outta the 7 aside game games they play in.

to be honest ive watched these laddies play on a hearts match day where they destroyed a team 3-1 who were 2 years above them (edina hibs). coming from 1-0 down away at peffermill. then going to see hearts grind out a 2-1 victory last season vs a very good Inverness team and be more entertained by these laddies than the famous.

dont ever diss the grassroots level of scottish football from someone whom has 1st hand experiance in devloping them from an early age, its a joy to watch these kids pass and interact with the football every weekend.

i watch liberton united u9/10s most weeks. my wee brother is the goalkeeper there he plays for the u9's and usually u10's every weekend!

I see these sort of goals by this team most weekends. these wee laddies have played with each other for 2 years and know where each other are, they have an understanding of where the ball should be played.

his is down to the excellent coaching by the team there and by sheer ability by at least 4 outta the 7 aside game games they play in.

to be honest ive watched these laddies play on a hearts match day where they destroyed a team 3-1 who were 2 years above them (edina hibs). coming from 1-0 down away at peffermill. then going to see hearts grind out a 2-1 victory last season vs a very good Inverness team and be more entertained by these laddies than the famous.

dont ever diss the grassroots level of scottish football from someone whom has 1st hand experiance in devloping them from an early age, its a joy to watch these kids pass and interact with the football every weekend.

Respect that fbh but you might be surprised when the start playing U13's and beyond, good luck to Libbie though.

fountainbridgehearts

Respect that fbh but you might be surprised when the start playing U13's and beyond, good luck to Libbie though.

thats the thing tho, its devloping these laddies thru the different age groups up until they can play 11's which i believe shouldnt happen until at least your 14 anyway. otherwise whats the point in it?

ive seen coaches and parents saying to these kids playing 11's aim for the top corner, the keeper cant reach it from there!!

if they were to play 11's i think they should still play with 7 aside goals and not full scale like were all used to

Archived