I hope Berra has played his last game for Hearts....

andrew

...this season:)

Apparently he is one booking away from being suspended for the first 2 games of next season.

Ideal opportunity to give McGowan or Rapnik a run alongside Karipidis.

...this season:)

Apparently he is one booking away from being suspended for the first 2 games of next season.

Ideal opportunity to give McGowan or Rapnik a run alongside Karipidis.

I agree - think it would be a sensible decision, and if explained properly to him he would not be too unhappy.

Sensible?

He'll play then. But before monday, he'll get his ear pierced 8 times and gain Lithuanian citizenship. The club will pay for this.

That should ensure a booking.

They should sit him down and explain everything to him. Offer him an early start on his holiday and then leave the decision up to him. I think we should drop him for the next three games to avoid suspension but don't want to take the risk of alientating the player.

jamboinglasgow

think if sat down, explained and told they were trying out a youngster in that posistion he would be fine.

CB is a very level headed young guy.

I don'y yhink there is any danger of him spitting the dummy out.

He's played a lot of games this year so give him a rest.

Is it really worth it tbh?

Berra is so composed he doesnt pick up bookings that often, In fact i cant remember his last one

I wouldnt have a problem with it if it does happen but reckon it would be pretty unncessary as his chances of being booked in the challenge games left is unlikely

Where's the problem? Play him in every game and HOPE he misses the start of next season. You know it makes sense.:evilno:

Nowt to play for might as well give one of the young lads who might play next season a leg up with some SPL experience. Other wise you might have the very same young player starting the first couple of games of the season.

Why risk it? I'd like to think the remaining games this season will be far more meaningless than the opening ones for next season.

McGowan/Rapnik can get some first team exposure and we have Berra Suspension free for next season.

Hopefully Audrey comes on for the last minute on Monday and picks up a booking.

We left out and indeed forced out of the club a key player before the last game of the season last year - when we were potentially in a position to get into Europe.

That was despite our midfield resources that day being some of the worst players to play at the club in many years - and Brellier having had an excellent game against Hibs just a couple of weeks before.

So why would those selecting the team care about not having Berra for the start of next season?

It's very unlikely he'll play again this season

i think it is unlikely he will get a booking and as far as i am aware he has been suspension free this season which is a great achievement for a centre half however i would not risk it, he has been an almost ever present this season and we should be able to see the season out without him

I hope Audrey comes on and punches the referee, earning himself a life ban from Scottish Football.

We left out and indeed forced out of the club a key player before the last game of the season last year - when we were potentially in a position to get into Europe.

That was despite our midfield resources that day being some of the worst players to play at the club in many years - and Brellier having had an excellent game against Hibs just a couple of weeks before.

So why would those selecting the team care about not having Berra for the start of next season?

Gives them the chance to fill a place with some Kaunas huddy for the first 2 games of the season if he is banned

Berra will play

The only games Berra has missed this season, as far as I'm aware, was the 2 games at the start of this season - a suspension, ironic or what?

WeeToonJambo

I didn't realise he was close to a suspension so I agree it would be good to leave him out. I believe McGowan is injured but, having seen Matej Rapnik in the reserves, and the way he dealt with Killen yesterday, I would have no hesitation in playing him. If he keeps progressing the way he is he is going to be a major star.

I hope Audrey comes on and punches the referee, earning himself a life ban from Scottish Football.

that would be fantastic, especially if it was a clown like brines, but since we're bottom 6 now, it would probably be some lowly "reffed once in a highschool game, supported gers/smellies all his life, but needs the practice" dude who had a wee soft spot for us til his nose was spread over his face by a player from the Dirtiest Team in the SPL?

Where's the problem? Play him in every game and HOPE he misses the start of next season. You know it makes sense.:evilno:

Eh?

Is it really worth it tbh?

Berra is so composed he doesnt pick up bookings that often, In fact i cant remember his last one

I wouldnt have a problem with it if it does happen but reckon it would be pretty unncessary as his chances of being booked in the challenge games left is unlikely

1. Why would it not be worth giving another youngster a chance?

2. We has clearly picked up enough bookings to be on the verge of a suspension.

I didn't realise he was close to a suspension so I agree it would be good to leave him out. I believe McGowan is injured but, having seen Matej Rapnik in the reserves, and the way he dealt with Killen yesterday, I would have no hesitation in playing him. If he keeps progressing the way he is he is going to be a major star.

If this player is as good as everyone is making out then it might be time to sell Berra.

Berra only has two years left on his contract so is probably in a position to buy out his contract at the end of next season.

We might be best cashing in on him now and bringing through Rapnik.

It would be madness to play Berra again this season . This would give him a clean start to next season. and if he were to get suspended next season it would only be for 1 match.

However if does get booked again this season it would be a 2 match ban and any suspension next season would be another 3 matches.

Berra has had a good season certainly much better than his two predessors messrs Pressley and Webster . Give the lad an extended holiday,he deserves it.

portobellojambo1
The only games Berra has missed this season, as far as I'm aware, was the 2 games at the start of this season - a suspension, ironic or what?

You are nearly correct, he missed the opening game versus Hibs, returned for the game versus Aberdeen and has played every game since.

Charlie-Brown

If McGowan is injured then I'm sure Rapnik or Balatoni could deputise with Zaliukas an option as well, risking a suspension for Berra doesn't make any sense in my opinion.

Guess The Crowd

Agree with the majority here, the situation is deja vu all over again, so to speak.

Berra and Kingston missing the first game of this season against Hibs through suspension had a massive impact on the season just ended.

that would be fantastic, especially if it was a clown like brines, but since we're bottom 6 now, it would probably be some lowly "reffed once in a highschool game, supported gers/smellies all his life, but needs the practice" dude who had a wee soft spot for us til his nose was spread over his face by a player from the Dirtiest Team in the SPL?

If it was him I'd want Audrey to actually kill him.

Audrey's not big enough to punch anyone in the face.

He'd have to headbutt the ref in the gonads.

Archived