COWDENBEATH TO QUIT FOR EPL

dc-jambo

Cowdenbeath chairman Donald Findlay just said on Radio Scotland, and I quote:

"If I don't get exactly the deal I want, Cowdenbeath will go to England and play in the Premiership"

I think myself that it's good that he's taking a stand.

Thoughts?

Doubt they would be accepted into the top level tbh. As good as it is he's taking a stand I can see him being ridiculed by the press and being fined by the sfa for the disrepute.

:facepalm:

Jim - sorry, James Traynor will be sending the heavies over to Central Park as we speak. How DARE they take the piss out of the mighty Rangers.

Fermit the Krog

Cowdenbeath jumping into the EPL aye

:cornette:

:cornette:

:facepalm:

Jim - sorry, James Traynor will be sending the heavies over to Central Park as we speak. How DARE they take the piss out of the mighty Rangers.

Piss being taken by one of their own too.

heartsfc_fan
:laugh: can you imagine, the FA would have a heart attack when they see Central Park.

sandylejambo

There is a bad side to the Cowdenbeath statement in that the SFA may have been able to bring disrepute charges against Green/ rangers, not any more they cant, Cowdenbeath just scuppered that.

There is a bad side to the Cowdenbeath statement in that the SFA may have been able to bring disrepute charges against Green/ rangers, not any more they cant, Cowdenbeath just scuppered that.

By making a clearly tongue-in-cheek remark? I doubt it.

alwaysthereinspirit

Other than Mad or Hearts has anyone /team ever been fined under the "bringing the game into disrepute"

I seriously doubt it. If Green hasn't yet I wont hold my breath.......................

If they don't, the refund of Mr Romanov's fines should see us safely through to the end of the season.

Are you serious? Rangers/Celtic have been making statements for about a decade saying they want to leave and nothing has ever been done about it before.

Doubt they would be accepted into the top level tbh. As good as it is he's taking a stand I can see him being ridiculed by the press and being fined by the sfa for the disrepute.

Ah. Good point.

Greedy_Jambo

I was listening to this earlier and donald findlay was clearly making a joke. The whole studio where laughing.

Are people that thick on here or just trying to stiry up shit?

tartofmidlothian

It's funny, Mr Findlay's a massive hun but he does seem to have a real dislike for the current Rangers hierarchy. The enemy of my enemy and all that.

Can't see any of the laptop loyal tanning his windaes any time soon.

Was Findlay not forced to resign by Green when he came into Rangers?

I smell WUMmery at its best.

Perth to Paisley

What was more enlightening was that the Falkirk chairman was unwilling to comment for fear of reprisals..... and he wasn't joking!

Was Findlay not forced to resign by Green when he came into Rangers?

I smell WUMmery at its best.

Was Findlay not forced to resign after being filmed singing the Sash at a supporters doo?

Was Findlay not forced to resign after being filmed singing the Sash at a supporters doo?

Yes - May 1999. Nothing compared to what he said in May 2005 though ...

Thanks for asking :)

Doctor FinnBarr

Derry's Walls actually, with Neil McCann standing beside him.

:11300:

Yes - May 1999. Nothing compared to what he said in May 2005 though ...

Thanks for asking :)

Ta, knew I knew him for something!

Fozzyonthefence

Was it Derry's Walls? Don't think that is one of their illegal / outlawed hymns and their fans still sing it without any reprisals now so not sure why he would have to resign for signing when no action can be taken against their fans for singing it. Not sure any action can be taken for singing The Sash either unless the "FTP" part is added.

Anyway, back on topic, good to see the piss being taken out of Sevco / Green by one of their own. Green surely now is a bigger dick than Lennon, certainly this season.

Doctor FinnBarr

Was it Derry's Walls? Don't think that is one of their illegal / outlawed hymns and their fans still sing it without any reprisals now so not sure why he would have to resign for signing when no action can be taken against their fans for singing it. Not sure any action can be taken for singing The Sash either unless the "FTP" part is added.

Anyway, back on topic, good to see the piss being taken out of Sevco / Green by one of their own. Green surely now is a bigger dick than Lennon, certainly this season.

Neither the Sash or Derry's Walls are considered illegal songs which is why they get away with them, think they are considered to be trad/folk songs???

Nope, The Sash :thumbsup:

Mr Findlay, 48, sang The Sash and Follow, Follow, at a party celebrating Rangers' treble win.

In his resignation letter, Mr Findlay described the incident as "a serious misjudgment".

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sport/football/scottish_premier/357392.stm

He's also a very well known QC.

Reminds me of the joke.......when David Murray was asked if he was trying to get Dick Advocatt he replied why would I be doing that when I've already got one.......!

Franco Fascione

Traynor and Green are the new versions of Mad Vlad. Long may they continue to to issue nonsense statements.

Governor Tarkin

I was listening to this earlier and donald findlay was clearly making a joke. The whole studio where laughing.

Both.

Finlay making a wry joke at Sevco and Green's expense. First time I have enjoyed anything he has said.

GREEN however comes over as a POOR example of an Englishman as a Scottish club manager compared with the fairly admirable BUTCHER who could have gone to an English league but preferred to stay

at Inverness.. and he was spot on.

Green has not the faintest interest in Scottish football.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

It's funny, Mr Findlay's a massive hun but he does seem to have a real dislike for the current Rangers hierarchy. The enemy of my enemy and all that.

Can't see any of the laptop loyal tanning his windaes any time soon.

No they need to keep him sweet for future court appearances

Still, it'll be handy nipping over to Cowdenbeath when Man U play them next season.

Could really harm our crowds, with some Hearts fans deciding to nip over to Central Park to watch Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal, Man Utd, etc, rather than go to our game - probably... :sad:

Could really harm our crowds, with some Hearts fans deciding to nip over to Central Park to watch Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal, Man Utd, etc, rather than go to our game - probably... :(

Are all of those teams not called "We" on here, by people?

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Only two people appear to have taken it seriously.

Archived