• :shitwine:

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
6 hours ago, Bauld said:

Anyone following this absolute shit show recently :rofl:

https://wrestletalk.com/news/stephanie-mcmahon-resigns/

Its been so much better with hhh on creative. Surely Vince and anyone elsebwould leave that alone? Some ego mind you.

If Hunter lets Sami take the title from Reigns, he should be given the company.

Aew is where its at anyway (and its batshit too mind you!)

25 minutes ago, Americana said:

My interested came back with Bray Wyatt , however theyre playing it out far too long in my opinon. 

I think it's good. Back in the old days storylines could be played out for months and years.

The actual road to wrestlemania would contain proper storylines in it.

Austin wrestled once in about 12 months or more after his neck injury but was still there almost weekly causing absolute mayhem and creating storylines. 

It's all too rushed now. They blitz through storylines in 2 weeks and as a result it makes absolutely no sense, has massive holes in it and leaves them completely out of ideas so they just end up throwing random matches together to fill gaps that nobody gives a shit about.

On 12/01/2023 at 12:30, Bauld said:

I think it's good. Back in the old days storylines could be played out for months and years.

The actual road to wrestlemania would contain proper storylines in it.

Austin wrestled once in about 12 months or more after his neck injury but was still there almost weekly causing absolute mayhem and creating storylines. 

It's all too rushed now. They blitz through storylines in 2 weeks and as a result it makes absolutely no sense, has massive holes in it and leaves them completely out of ideas so they just end up throwing random matches together to fill gaps that nobody gives a shit about.

Its a bit of both isnt it. I agree with what you say but sometimes they should simply put a good match on without the need for story. Aew do this better imo.

Wwe tend to mistake presence with story. Reigns and the bloodline, great since Sami Uce but fact is Reigns has had the strap for 2 years with hardly a single feud let alone a long story other than he's 12head of the table and champ.

Wyatt/Rotunda is a genius and they should just give the man his freedomto create as he wishes. They messed the fiend up in about his 2nd fight last time (Rollins hiac). Let him run this time. I hope he brings his bro in, massively underrated

Mind you, for all that, im ALL about Orange Cassidy these days anyway!!!

6 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Its a bit of both isnt it. I agree with what you say but sometimes they should simply put a good match on without the need for story. Aew do this better imo.

Wwe tend to mistake presence with story. Reigns and the bloodline, great since Sami Uce but fact is Reigns has had the strap for 2 years with hardly a single feud let alone a long story other than he's 12head of the table and champ.

Wyatt/Rotunda is a genius and they should just give the man his freedomto create as he wishes. They messed the fiend up in about his 2nd fight last time (Rollins hiac). Let him run this time. I hope he brings his bro in, massively underrated

Mind you, for all that, im ALL about Orange Cassidy these days anyway!!!

I ****ing love Orange Cassidy. I think he's absolutely superb. 

Same with Darby Allin. I was a huge TNA fan from 03-07. So I love seeing Darby and Joe. Brings back memories of early Styles and Joe. Plus Darby is to AEW what Styles was to TNA and should be given the same push. He's an original and AEW to the core.

If you haven't watched it though. Check out the Wrestle Kingdom 17 match between Ospreay and Omega. They raised the bar higher than ever. Ospreay is probably my favourite these days. Just different class. Seeing him and Cassidy was a dream match.

8 hours ago, Bauld said:

Same with Darby Allin. I was a huge TNA fan from 03-07. So I love seeing Darby and Joe. Brings back memories of early Styles and Joe. Plus Darby is to AEW what Styles was to TNA and should be given the same push. He's an original and AEW to the core.

If you haven't watched it though. Check out the Wrestle Kingdom 17 match between Ospreay and Omega. They raised the bar higher than ever. Ospreay is probably my favourite these days. Just different class. Seeing him and Cassidy was a dream match.

Not got round to wk17 yet but on the list. Only so much time i can devote to wrestling before my wife and kids properly disown me, what with me being 42 haha!!! Saw a pic and looked like Omega had gone back to full Cleaner/Best Bout Machine gimick which is cool

Yeah the Forbidden Door stuff and Ospreay Cassidy match were top class.

Just now, TheBigO said:

Not got round to wk17 yet but on the list. Only so much time i can devote to wrestling before my wife and kids properly disown me, what with me being 42 haha!!! Saw a pic and looked like Omega had gone back to full Cleaner/Best Bout Machine gimick which is cool

Yeah the Forbidden Door stuff and Ospreay Cassidy match were top class.

Omega did the full one winged angel Sephiroth entrance with cosplay and actual final fantasy music. It was class.

8 hours ago, Bauld said:

Ps... yes on Allin. Not as hot on him as Orange but hes superb, great presence and somehow makes the size diff ok.

Between those two, Jungle Boy, Caster, Guevara, Garcia, Hook and a few others like Top Flight, even Wardlaw, obv MJF, if aew keep their roster, theyre sorted for years.

All that said, Jericho still my fave!!!

4 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Ps... yes on Allin. Not as hot on him as Orange but hes superb, great presence and somehow makes the size diff ok.

Between those two, Jungle Boy, Caster, Guevara, Garcia, Hook and a few others like Top Flight, even Wardlaw, obv MJF, if aew keep their roster, theyre sorted for years.

All that said, Jericho still my fave!!!

I'm not a fan of the J.A.S but I can't help but love Jericho and his Judas entrance is one of the best ever when the crowd really get behind it.

On 18/01/2023 at 23:38, Bauld said:

Oh no. This first ive seen this thats awful. Their 3 matches with ftr were so brilliant, a guy at the top of his game. So sad.

Pedantic here but he wasnt a wwe guy, was he? Think wrestling just gets called wwe sometimes

6 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Oh no. This first ive seen this thats awful. Their 3 matches with ftr were so brilliant, a guy at the top of his game. So sad.

Pedantic here but he wasnt a wwe guy, was he? Think wrestling just gets called wwe sometimes

That actually pissed me off royally. They were NEVER WWE.

They had a tryout and didn't get in because WWE didn't like their look.

They were ROH through and through and tore it up for 20 years all over the world.

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Bauld said:

I've watched it about a dozen or more times since the RR.

Doesn't get old. The sound of the collision is brutal.

Hard not to like Logan Paul in WWE.

4 minutes ago, Americana said:

I don't really do tiktok or pay attention to any youtube stars etc. I don't really social media at all.

So I have absolutely no idea who he is other than what he does in WWE and he's a massive pokemon nerd. 

So I actually like the guy just on those things.

41 minutes ago, Bauld said:

I don't really do tiktok or pay attention to any youtube stars etc. I don't really social media at all.

So I have absolutely no idea who he is other than what he does in WWE and he's a massive pokemon nerd. 

So I actually like the guy just on those things.

Do you push kids out the way for a bottle of Prime?

Also his product

39 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Also his product

Kids around here are going daft for that Prime stuff, £2.50 for a wee bottle, my son saw a couple of bottles in our local Spar at the weekend, you'd think he'd just found Jennifer Aniston naked they wayvhe went on. There was bottles being sold in his school for thirty quid when it first came out.

53 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Also his product

I don't know what it is. I'm 33 but enjoy a reclusive lifestyle that tends to avoid trends and.....humans in general preferably.

2 hours ago, Americana said:

With him eliminating Seth Rollins hopefully push for a wrestlemania match with him with a big moment in it. Always hopeful of the rock returning every year 😂

2 hours ago, Seaside Dave said:

With him eliminating Seth Rollins hopefully push for a wrestlemania match with him with a big moment in it. Always hopeful of the rock returning every year 😂

The Rock has announced he won't be returning for this wreslemania because he doesn't have time to get ring ready.

He's built like a tank but that's very different to being fit and ready to wrestle a match. Especially when that match would be a Wrestlemania headliner against Roman Reigns. 

I like the direction they are going. Cody winning the RR was nailed on. That said I'd have been fine with him going into the US title picture with Rollins, Theory, Brock and Lashley in the road to Wrestlemania storyline for that title until the bloodline story had closed. 

Sami winning the RR and going on to face Roman at Wrestlemania and winning the belts after interference from The Rock would have been my dream move by them. He has held that entire company up for the last year and deserves his reward for it. 

Anyone scoffing at the idea of Sami winning the title also just needs to look at his match with Owens before the rumble. He had Owens beat before the bloodline interference. So you can say he is better than Owens and at the RR Owens had Reigns beat. And I know I know its all in the script etc. But Sami is more than just a strong presence on the mic. He is an extremely talented performer and believable champion. 

12 hours ago, Bauld said:

The Rock has announced he won't be returning for this wreslemania because he doesn't have time to get ring ready.

He's built like a tank but that's very different to being fit and ready to wrestle a match. Especially when that match would be a Wrestlemania headliner against Roman Reigns. 

I like the direction they are going. Cody winning the RR was nailed on. That said I'd have been fine with him going into the US title picture with Rollins, Theory, Brock and Lashley in the road to Wrestlemania storyline for that title until the bloodline story had closed. 

Sami winning the RR and going on to face Roman at Wrestlemania and winning the belts after interference from The Rock would have been my dream move by them. He has held that entire company up for the last year and deserves his reward for it. 

Anyone scoffing at the idea of Sami winning the title also just needs to look at his match with Owens before the rumble. He had Owens beat before the bloodline interference. So you can say he is better than Owens and at the RR Owens had Reigns beat. And I know I know its all in the script etc. But Sami is more than just a strong presence on the mic. He is an extremely talented performer and believable champion. 

That match with Owens was a belter, you can tell they have worked with each other for a long time and have that in ring chemistry. 

I doubt Sami takes the title , only wrestlemania will allow that to happen and Cody has secured that slot . I do think him and Roman will headline a ppv before then.

3 hours ago, Americana said:

That match with Owens was a belter, you can tell they have worked with each other for a long time and have that in ring chemistry. 

I doubt Sami takes the title , only wrestlemania will allow that to happen and Cody has secured that slot . I do think him and Roman will headline a ppv before then.

Wonder if they could do Sami, Owens and Rhodes vs The Bloodline in the elimination chamber?

The Sami and Owens get retribution. Form a tag team and go on to take on the Usos at Wrestlemania.

Rhodes gets the shock pin on Reigns with help from Owens and Zayn in the chamber to give huge momentum and build the storyline going into the PPV.

11 hours ago, Bauld said:

Wonder if they could do Sami, Owens and Rhodes vs The Bloodline in the elimination chamber?

The Sami and Owens get retribution. Form a tag team and go on to take on the Usos at Wrestlemania.

Rhodes gets the shock pin on Reigns with help from Owens and Zayn in the chamber to give huge momentum and build the storyline going into the PPV.

I think almost NEEDING to give Cody the RR win has made things tricky. Sami toppling Roman is the move. Sometimes predictable is best eh. Kofimania. You gotta give the people what they want!!!

Personally Owens and Sami going tagteam champs is a bit underwhelming. Theyd be great and the tag division needs more focus and importance (bearing in mind the wwe couldnt book ftr/the revival!).

Sami has been champ at every orher promotion hes been at, hes an amazing wrestler, actually a bigger dude than he plays too. He plays small if that makes sense. The guy deserves the strap.

But Cody didnt sign up to not be champ, thats the rub here. I like Cody. Wrestlers wrestler. The timing just sucks a bit. Sami has basically caused them a problem with his brilliance. Theyve got a yes movement issue on their hands.

3 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

I think almost NEEDING to give Cody the RR win has made things tricky. Sami toppling Roman is the move. Sometimes predictable is best eh. Kofimania. You gotta give the people what they want!!!

Personally Owens and Sami going tagteam champs is a bit underwhelming. Theyd be great and the tag division needs more focus and importance (bearing in mind the wwe couldnt book ftr/the revival!).

Sami has been champ at every orher promotion hes been at, hes an amazing wrestler, actually a bigger dude than he plays too. He plays small if that makes sense. The guy deserves the strap.

But Cody didnt sign up to not be champ, thats the rub here. I like Cody. Wrestlers wrestler. The timing just sucks a bit. Sami has basically caused them a problem with his brilliance. Theyve got a yes movement issue on their hands.

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, R9. said:

Anyone bother about wrestlemaina this year just seen the card and results from night 1. Doesn’t excite me or get me of my seat, checked tonight’s card and it’s crazy they have managed to get all this rubbish over 2 nights again.

No Bray either not been cleared to wrestle by doctors, the guy cannot wrestle anyway and never done so for nearly 2 years just boring long winded promos.

It's all about the bloodline storyline coming to a close.

It's bloodlinemania 

Sami and Kev taking down the Usos is step one.

Tonight Cody takes down Roman and I really hope it all closes with Jey Uso nailing Roman with a super kick. Randy Orton returning. Kicking off a whole new year with a bang and putting loads of meat on the bones for Backlash.

rhodes wins

bt were pushing his 1 on 1 v interview with ariel just before night 1 starts i might take some of that 1/2

6 hours ago, Masonic said:

rhodes wins

bt were pushing his 1 on 1 v interview with ariel just before night 1 starts i might take some of that 1/2

There's so many ways this could actually go. Obviously the safe bet is Cody wins and I'd love to see Jey turn on Reigns at the same time. 

Curve ball. Thar I'd personally love.

Roman beats Rhodes. Everyone is left absolutely furious. 

Raw the next night Romans out there celebrating, Usos with him. Claiming that's it. Nobody is left. No more challengers.

Bullet Club music hits. 

Out walks Switchblade Jay White.

AJ returns, Gallows and Anderson follow. Numbers are evened up.

White beats Roman for the title right there on raw on his debut. At 30 years old he's instantly made and the company has a capable star for the next 10 years.

Naisys Tackle
8 minutes ago, R9. said:

Shocking 😂is that 3 main events he’s won at now.

Yeah last three WMs mate.   :lol: 

12 hours ago, Bauld said:

There's so many ways this could actually go. Obviously the safe bet is Cody wins and I'd love to see Jey turn on Reigns at the same time. 

Curve ball. Thar I'd personally love.

Roman beats Rhodes. Everyone is left absolutely furious. 

Raw the next night Romans out there celebrating, Usos with him. Claiming that's it. Nobody is left. No more challengers.

Bullet Club music hits. 

Out walks Switchblade Jay White.

AJ returns, Gallows and Anderson follow. Numbers are evened up.

White beats Roman for the title right there on raw on his debut. At 30 years old he's instantly made and the company has a capable star for the next 10 years.

Please let me be right :24_shocked:

Seaside Dave
On 30/01/2023 at 16:10, Dawnrazor said:

Kids around here are going daft for that Prime stuff, £2.50 for a wee bottle, my son saw a couple of bottles in our local Spar at the weekend, you'd think he'd just found Jennifer Aniston naked they wayvhe went on. There was bottles being sold in his school for thirty quid when it first came out.

Going daft indeed. Sainsbury's just got them so every morning when they are in stock I buy them for 2.25 with my discount and sell them on eBay for 12.50 a bottle. 

dobmisterdobster

The WWE x UFC/Endeavor merger is official. I think this is fantastic news. Much better than a sale to Saudi, Disney etc.

Screenshot_2023-04-03-16-03-31-720-edit_com_miui.gallery.thumb.jpg.a7e1682cf2c49695f8c086553a5a668a.jpg

31 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

The WWE x UFC/Endeavor merger is official. I think this is fantastic news. Much better than a sale to Saudi, Disney etc.

Screenshot_2023-04-03-16-03-31-720-edit_com_miui.gallery.thumb.jpg.a7e1682cf2c49695f8c086553a5a668a.jpg

Looking forward to seeing Paul Heyman as Jon Jones advocate.

9 minutes ago, R9. said:

Shop at mine selling for £7 went to Morrisons sat morning they were finally stocking them £2 walked in the corner shop yesterday couldn’t wait to inform them there £7 a bottle can be bought £5 cheaper 500 yards down the road.

They probably get them from Morrisons at £2 and put them on their own shelf.

That was the worst post wrestlemania raw I've ever seen.

**** all happened. Nothing made any sense. Only Riddle came back and beat the Miz up. Which everyone does so who cares.

I was expecting fresh storylines and new faces. Bron dropped the title in NXT so I was expecting him to get the call up. 

Riddle coming back is great but give him something meaningful. 

Cody for Lesnar, will be decent but who is stepping up to face Reigns? 

This show had Vince McMahon written all over it. He's back in the door of the creative department for one day and already it's gone to shit again.

dobmisterdobster
15 minutes ago, R9. said:

Would not be surprised if Bill Goldberg comes back couple pathetic spears match lasting 10 minutes and he becomes the new champ after a long storyline for years with the bloodline completely taking from Goldberg.

I thought he was going to AEW

1 hour ago, R9. said:

Would not be surprised if Bill Goldberg comes back couple pathetic spears match lasting 10 minutes and he becomes the new champ after a long storyline for years with the bloodline completely taking from Goldberg.

His contract expired and he's gone.

dobmisterdobster

AEW is coming to Wembley stadium in August. It will be a challenge to fill the place but I recon they can get around 50k or more if they pull out all the stops.

Get New Japan on the phone for some big matches. Maybe get Drew McIntyre if he leaves WWE, maybe Goldberg.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, dobmisterdobster said:

351612106_wwe-world-heavyweight-championship-replica-title-belt_ss5_p-200116274pv-1u-omdzgext9mpfxn8kenrov-pncjzigsoigif4cgonmv.thumb.jpg.a8b85dd4aa901151844f7a90317982a1.jpg

Big Gold is back. Albeit a different design.

I love the big gold belt.

That on the other hand looks awful.