Wii Fit - Getting One

Darth Sidious

Darth Sidious

Now that I queued for GTA I need to get a Wii Fit for the wife.

Does anyone know if GAME will actually get any for public sale or to fufill pre orders only?

Could I phone round stores and reserve one for pick up today?

Does anyone know if GAME will actually get any for public sale or to fufill pre orders only?

It will be pre orders only.They sold 90 a minute on release day.I have one it's good fun but just like wii sports it's much better when a few play it.

FERRYABROAD

Picked one up for ?59 in HMV at Gatwick airport last Friday.

Gonna have to take it back though, as it says i'm 51 & obesse !!!

I got one on Friday from Gamestation. Every shop had plenty in stock, but I don't know if they have sold out since then. I wouldn't imagine it being any trouble to find it somewhere.

Have phoned about 20 different shops in Edinburgh this morning and no one seems to have any anywhere aaaaaaaaaahhhhh

Have phoned about 20 different shops in Edinburgh this morning and no one seems to have any anywhere aaaaaaaaaahhhhh

yeah and i was driving around Edinburgh for 2 hrs trying to get one and there are none to be had. did put my name down on woolworths list!!!!!!!

None in stock @ game in Dunfermline

have phoned round a few shops for a friend to no avail, although game @ dunfermline said to phone back 2mor as they will be getting stock in, but not to say that they will be on load.

None in stock @ game in Dunfermline

have phoned round a few shops for a friend to no avail, although game @ dunfermline said to phone back 2mor as they will be getting stock in, but not to say that they will be on load.

thanks hun xxxx

The Old Tolbooth
Picked one up for ?59 in HMV at Gatwick airport last Friday.

Gonna have to take it back though, as it says i'm 51 & obesse !!!

As young as that??? :D

My Wii age was 34 today ;)

Not bad for a 37 year old

thanks hun xxxx

no probs, will phone them 2mor morning when i drop the bairn @ school, see if they getting any in, if they do i'll get one put aside for you.

I got one on Friday from Gamestation. Every shop had plenty in stock, but I don't know if they have sold out since then. I wouldn't imagine it being any trouble to find it somewhere.

the problem with gamestation is even if they are out of stock they still leave the product on display and dont bother telling you its out of stock. so if you're buying from gamestation make sure you check first before standing in a Q with the game only to find out they dont have it by the time you get to the counter!!!!!:mad:

FERRYABROAD
As young as that??? :D

My Wii age was 34 today ;)

Not bad for a 37 year old

You want to read the instructions john - stand on the pad with BOTH feet !

The Old Tolbooth
You want to read the instructions john - stand on the pad with BOTH feet !

Ha ha, at least mine didn't say "one at a time please!" ;)

yvonnejambo

looks like back to none, Ive been trying online for last couple of days without success.

vegas-voss

When you get it and then unlock the boxer game it is really knackering.I done 12mins of it today a was sweaty like **** and the cheeky fecker told me i never put anything in to it.It's alot tougher than Wii Sports boxing.

On the morning of the release of GTA4 a wee visit to Argos webby and a few clicks later game was reserved for pick up that day...worth trying same with wii fit maybes?

On the morning of the release of GTA4 a wee visit to Argos webby and a few clicks later game was reserved for pick up that day...worth trying same with wii fit maybes?

tried that as well mate i have covered all aspects of getting the game hopefully getting one tomorrow ;););)

Mr God Awful Ugly

just got one for the missus at HMV Fort Kinnaird (Kenny Aird). Game at the Fort are getting some in at 13:00

UnworthyPapaLazaru

A wii question for you wiiers. It says on amazon it is backwards compatable back to the NES. How does that work? (and how much is Wii fit?)

Ivan Drago
A wii question for you wiiers. It says on amazon it is backwards compatable back to the NES. How does that work? (and how much is Wii fit?)

must be talking about virtual console mate, where u can download old games (for a price mind u). Its backwards compatible with Gamecube but u need a gamecube controller. And for N64 and Snes games i think u need gamecube controller or 'classic controller'.

Think Wii fit is 60-70 quid at the moment.

PS if u want to play NES games... http://www.nintendo8.com

When you get it and then unlock the boxer game it is really knackering.I done 12mins of it today a was sweaty like **** and the cheeky fecker told me i never put anything in to it.It's alot tougher than Wii Sports boxing.

hahah, I love that one, not done that advanced one, just sticking to the 3 mins one for the now!

vegas-voss

Wi Fit is ?69.99 but you are really paying for the board which alot more games are going to incorporate the use of it in games.Wii Ski is due out this year and there is a snowboard game in development(hopefully 1080)As for the Nes/Snes,sega,c64 and neo geo games you download them from the virual console.

Ivan Drago
Wi Fit is ?69.99 but you are really paying for the board which alot more games are going to incorporate the use of it in games.Wii Ski is due out this year and there is a snowboard game in development(hopefully 1080)As for the Nes/Snes,sega,c64 and neo geo games you download them from the virual console.

Brashy did u c the next rayman raving rabbids game mite use the wii board? that could be awesome likes...

UnworthyPapaLazaru

Cheers. Didnt think it was big enough for a cartridge slot.

juanjoboyo

They've just had a delivery at GAME in the St James Centre - picked one up about an hour ago.

got one earlier on about 12 o clock gamestation on Princes Street last one to just had a shot excellent absolute great fun...................... except it says i am 47 FFS:evilno::evilno::evilno::evilno::evilno::evilno:

vegas-voss
Brashy did u c the next rayman raving rabbids game mite use the wii board? that could be awesome likes...

Never seen that but i could see them using that for the dancing section of the game.I think the snowboarding one will be brilliant just turn the wii board to the side and bingo.Imagine playing SSX using the wii board for speed and edging and then the wiimote for tricks.Im brilliant on the downhill skiing on wii fit so i think it would be brilliant.

vegas-voss
got one earlier on about 12 o clock gamestation on Princes Street last one to just had a shot excellent absolute great fun...................... except it says i am 47 FFS:evilno::evilno::evilno::evilno::evilno::evilno:

Got mine down to 24 not bad for a fat 34 yr old.

Ivan Drago
Never seen that but i could see them using that for the dancing section of the game.I think the snowboarding one will be brilliant just turn the wii board to the side and bingo.Imagine playing SSX using the wii board for speed and edging and then the wiimote for tricks.Im brilliant on the downhill skiing on wii fit so i think it would be brilliant.

aye definitely sounds promising. I have a couple of games to trade in so think i will wait til i can get wii fit from gamestation or game - play are selling it for over ?100!!!

The Old Tolbooth

So it made you younger than you actually are then? ;)

How knackering is the 10 minute boxing bout ffs?? :confused:

Any recent sightings of copies for sale in the Edinburgh area?

The Old Tolbooth

Our board is knackered, we keep trying to turn it on and the blue light flashes for approx 2 seconds, and then it wont come on no matter what we try.

Bummer!

Our board is knackered, we keep trying to turn it on and the blue light flashes for approx 2 seconds, and then it wont come on no matter what we try.

Bummer!

Thats not sounding too good. Hope you can get it changed.

Been on it since weekend and my calf muscles are burning!!!! So unfit! Good fun and would recommend getting one!

Bummer!

Have you tried syncing it with your Wii again?

Walter Payton

Bummer!

Does the screen display any messages at the same time John? (like please no, not again...

The Old Tolbooth

There's no messages displayed on screen at all, it just tells us to switch the board on before continuing.

Also, we can't sync the board as it needs power on to be able to do that, and it wont let us turn any power on, the wee blue light just flashes 2 or 3 times and then nothing, I'll have another bash at it later as I'm busy working away just now and let you know how I get on.

rossi_1983
There's no messages displayed on screen at all, it just tells us to switch the board on before continuing.

Also, we can't sync the board as it needs power on to be able to do that, and it wont let us turn any power on, the wee blue light just flashes 2 or 3 times and then nothing, I'll have another bash at it later as I'm busy working away just now and let you know how I get on.

That's the same problem I had with my controllers at one point

Turn off the wii at the mains for a few seconds, and also remove the batteries (assuming it has batteries, as I don't have one!) from the board

try changing the batteries the ones you get with the board look like they wont last a week.

The Old Tolbooth

Changed the batteries when it wouldn't work at first, still the same.

Thats not sounding too good. Hope you can get it changed. Been on it since weekend and my calf muscles are burning!!!! So unfit! Good fun and would recommend getting one!

hopefully get it changed once they are back in stock, hopefully it wont be too much longer, i'm really missing it, I was doing an hour a day

rossi_1983
Changed the batteries when it wouldn't work at first, still the same.

Have you tried unplugging your wii at the mains for about 10 seconds?

Also try pressing the sync button on the actual wii. It is beneath the "secret" flap on the front of the wii

The Old Tolbooth
Have you tried unplugging your wii at the mains for about 10 seconds?

Also try pressing the sync button on the actual wii. It is beneath the "secret" flap on the front of the wii

Yeah tried that too mate, nothing appears to be working at all, I'm at a loss now :sad:

Cyprus Jambo

Changing games - Anyone got tips for Tiger Woods? Tried it with the golf club bu tit faces the wrong way, no matter how you fit it!!!!! And using the normal control I have a slice (as I do normally anyway).

Ok having fun with it, just unlocked the penguin game how funny is that btw!

Lovin it and next season starts up I will be the one who is jogging to Westies on a Saturday! Kiwi and banana tomorrow for brekkie instead of my normal broomie bacon rolls!!!!

Anybody seen them in stock anywhere recently?

Nope, i've been phoning around trying to get one i have replaced, but having no luck at all. If you hear though post on here.... cheers

UnworthyPapaLazaru

Quick question for the Wii-ers that probably doesnt require a new thred. Are there any issues with buying a second hand used Wii? Im thinking online, accounts etc.

Archived