Was it a pen?

Fermit the Krog

When I saw it live an TV ( with replay) I didn't think for a moment that the ref had played advantage. I just thought he didn't see a foul, somehow.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Imagine how much seethe would have been aimed at Driver had he stopped and appealed for the penalty and not played to the whistle.

This is known as "playing an advantage". The referee may "call back" play and penalise the original offence if the anticipated advantage does not ensue within "a few seconds". Even if an offence is not penalised due to advantage being played, the offender may still be sanctioned for misconduct at the next stoppage of play."

Penalty all day every day IMO.

Geoff Kilpatrick

This is known as "playing an advantage". The referee may "call back" play and penalise the original offence if the anticipated advantage does not ensue within "a few seconds". Even if an offence is not penalised due to advantage being played, the offender may still be sanctioned for misconduct at the next stoppage of play."

Penalty all day every day IMO.

No argument but as others have said, Gollum does that in the Dundee derby and takes pelters for it. I think the guy is hopeless but in this instance, given the previous incident, I can understand him not giving it.

No argument but as others have said, Gollum does that in the Dundee derby and takes pelters for it. I think the guy is hopeless but in this instance, given the previous incident, I can understand him not giving it.

It's not an obscure rule mind. I knew that from school. Mind Stevo should have been off too so these things balance emselves out I s'pose.

livingstonjambo

It's not an obscure rule mind. I knew that from school. Mind Stevo should have been off too so these things balance emselves out I s'pose.

Doubt it as if we got the penalty Stevo probably wouldnt have went into the challenge like that. Also what odds will you give me on Stevo NOT getting retrospective punishment? Bet he gets a 3 match ban and Mcpake will get nowt

Thought it was a penalty from the other end of the ground and got home and seen the highlights, clear penalty.

gerryjambo41

Just watched the highlights again , funnily didn't show the shocking assault on the goalkeeper by Doyle , bet Mr Lunney is just about to offer Ryan Stevenson a wee ban tho to put him out the semi final

For me yes penalty but the advantage is given by the referee and Driver misses the chance at goal and he can't take it back to the penalty. That's why Willie Collum is one of our top referees and one of the best in the business.

:paterson:he did during the Dundee derby!!!

Archived