Was it a pen?

Fermit the Krog

Fermit the Krog

Was at other end of ground but also thought that Gollums position was fine and he was looking right at it?

Was at other end of ground but also thought that Gollums position was fine and he was looking right at it?

Thought so. Lord knows what the lines man was doing......

I was concentrating on Driver's chance, so I missed it at the time.

Just seen it on TV - clear as day.

James McPake is a joke of a football player.

Possibly the clearest penalty I've ever seen in my life.

Reckless challenge, just as Stevenson's was on him, shortly afterward.

For me yes penalty but the advantage is given by the referee and Driver misses the chance at goal and he can't take it back to the penalty. That's why Willie Collum is one of our top referees and one of the best in the business.

:paterson:

For me yes penalty but the advantage is given by the referee and Driver misses the chance at goal and he can't take it back to the penalty. That's why Willie Collum is one of our top referees and one of the best in the business.

But he did that exact same thing in a Dundee Utd game not so long ago according to Sky?

Funnily enough it was Chick who said pretty much that!

Craigy thought it was a stick on pen.

But he did that exact same thing in a Dundee Utd game not so long ago according to Sky?

What we're looking for is consistency from the referees and he'll learn from his mistakes and that's why he's one of the best in the business.

:patersone:

What we're looking for is consistency from the referees and he'll learn from his mistakes and that's why he's one of the best in the business.

:patersone:

Why of course Who can argue with that.

Libertonian_II

yes

but why did none claim for it

including us the fans?

Must have missed from the back of section F. Didn't see anything. Let's see if the highlights show it up

It was a stonewaller... The problem was Driver was quickly on to it and had a shot ..... Colum bottled it after his experience in the Dundee derby when he was pilloried fpr playing advantage then giving a penalty when no goal was scored.

100% penalty but with him what do you expect.

Fozzyonthefence

It was a stonewaller... The problem was Driver was quickly on to it and had a shot ..... Colum bottled it after his experience in the Dundee derby when he was pilloried fpr playing advantage then giving a penalty when no goal was scored.

100% penalty but with him what do you expect.

To be fair, he would have got slaughtered if he blew for the penalty straight away, Driver scored, then we miss the penalty (like, what happened to St Mirren, I think, in the cup against us last season). And I don't think football refs are allowed to allow the advantage then take it back to the penalty if the attacking team feck up, unlike in rugby.

Penalty without a doubt, shocking decision not to award... given the penalty Daly got for Utd last week.

To be fair, he would have got slaughtered if he blew for the penalty straight away, Driver scored, then we miss the penalty (like, what happened to St Mirren, I think, in the cup against us last season). And I don't think football refs are allowed to allow the advantage then take it back to the penalty if the attacking team feck up, unlike in rugby.

Then watch the Dundee derby with Colum as referee and come back to us.... he bottled it. ... and you can play advantage and call it back

grumpyespana

I thought the ref had a decent game tonight, Stevenson was lucky to stay on the park after that tackle.

Grumpy.

indianajones

I thought the ref had a decent game tonight, Stevenson was lucky to stay on the park after that tackle.

Grumpy.

Ref. Decent. Game.

What?

Nobody will ever know what Collum was thinking. For some superb reason, referees are protected by not having to be like... accountable by explanation.

In realtime I didn't really notice it. On the replays McPake definitely goes in recklessly so based on that alone I'd say pen but if it was the other way I'd not want it given because the Hearts boy (don't recall now who it was) kinda pulled out of the challenge.

Probably would have given it had the shot not been taken mind.

It looked a penalty to me but I'd like to see it again.

Collum though? What a horrific performance. We got nothing and they kicked us up and down the park.

Was 5 rows from my seat calling Collum all the cheating B's for ages. You don't get more stonewall pens than that. Drivers run didn't help the claim though, seemed to distract Collum and most folk watching.

Bowmans_Boot

It looked a penalty to me but I'd like to see it again.

Collum though? What a horrific performance. We got nothing and they kicked us up and down the park.

Havent seen it on tv but I presumed he had played advantage.

He had a terrible match, though, we should encourage teams who want to play football, not a bunch of kickers.

Can only think the referee supervisor told him he done the wrong thing at Dens.

If Driver doesn't get a shot in (tight angle, never a certainty), it's a penalty and red card

Collum didn't play advantage. That's a get out for a wrong decision.

When Ryan Stevenson was still nipping his head about it a minute later Collum was clearly ssaying "he played the ball"..presumably meaning that he saw that McPake got the ball.

Libertonian_II

Must have missed from the back of section F. Didn't see anything. Let's see if the highlights show it up

Ok I see it now. Too busy watching Driver. Definately a penalty and sending off. BBC showed Collum up for being inconsistent

Driver was offside

Ok I see it now. Too busy watching Driver. Definately a penalty and sending off. BBC showed Collum up for being inconsistent

I only saw the first half - and that was enough. Weak and spineless when it mattered and if McPake had got his leg broken by Stevo ( I'm not advocating he deserved it) Collum would have himself to blame because the first serious foul was a borderline red card IMO and he refused to even give a yellow card. Hibs knew then they would get away with murder - the next "challenge" , on McDonald was a defo yellow card . But again , nothing given. The same player then hauls dwon a Hearts player just a few mins later - but still no caution.

I'll excuse Collum the penalty non-decision but the lino had a perfect view and didn't do anything.

Overall a predictably poor performance from Scottish match officials.

Jesus. This totally passed me by tonight. Blame 7 pints and a weak bladder (+ an ineptitude to play 4-4-2) on me missing this key action point . Sounds stonewall and that's good enough for me. Gollum for Hobbit. That's what I say . Grrrrrrrrrr

Francis Albert

yes

but why did none claim for it

including us the fans?

Stevenson chased Collum all over the pitch for a couple of minutes claiming it! And of course a ref is perfectly entitled to wait a few sconds to see if any advantage accrues before deciding whether or not to give the foul.

Snake Plissken

Absolute stick-on penalty.

McPake dove in and was miles off the ball.

I don't think it would have been a sending off but should have been a booking and a penalty.

Once the shot had been taken he can't bring it back. He can (and should) still award the correct red card.

Geoff Kilpatrick

I actually don't blame Gollum for not giving it given the subsequent action of Driver's shot, which he should have scored.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Having watched it about ten times, just to be as sure as I was the first time I saw it, yes. It's quite honestly, all bias aside, the most absolute stick on penalty I've ever seen. How anyone can argue is baffling to me. He played advantage for about two seconds, of course he could still award the foul after that!

Archived