A Great Financial Weekend for Hearts - ?1.5 million better off

CJGJ

With WBA promoted that's an extra ?500,000 on the Bednar fee and with Sunderlands survival we are another ?1.000.000 richer for Craig Gordon add ons.

As both were signed to HMFC then at least it's our money (well for 24 hrs until the cheque clears !!)

Please Vlad give this to a new manager for sound investment in the playing staff -- like that's going to happen :mad:

Vlad, like most other aspects of his reign, will more than likely go the wrong way.

What we need to do for next season is spend 6 and 7 figure sums to bring in players that are proven in this league or in England and bring them in for smaller wages compared to some of the figures we're dishing out now. For example have 6-7k be the absolute maximum we are paying one individual. But instead we'll probably sign unproven players from abroad at wages of 10k.

With WBA promoted that's an extra ?500,000 on the Bednar fee and with Sunderlands survival we are another ?1.000.000 richer for Craig Gordon add ons.

As both were signed to HMFC then at least it's our money (well for 24 hrs until the cheque clears !!)

Please Vlad give this to a new manager for sound investment in the playing staff -- like that's going to happen :mad:

Bad news is we dont know what the sell on fee will be to Kaunus:evilno:

Charlie-Brown

I strongly suspect this money will already be earmarked to help meet 'current liabilities' so any notion of 6 & 7 figure transfer fees for new players is fanciful & aint gonna be happening.

Good news on the financial side.

I don't think we need to spend a fortune on new players, we already have the backbone of a decent team, we can ship out about 10 players easily and bring in 3 or 4 decent one's.

Guest JamboRobbo
I strongly suspect this money will already be earmarked to help meet 'current liabilities' so any notion of 6 & 7 figure transfer fees for new players is fanciful & aint gonna be happening.

You're surely not suggesting that all that money Vlad wasted on buying duds like Beslija and Makela is going to have to be paid back out of HMFC's future income?

Charlie-Brown
You're surely not suggesting that all that money Vlad wasted on buying duds like Beslija and Makela is going to have to be paid back out of HMFC's future income?

I think it will be needed to cover a shortfall in ST income.

Guest JamboRobbo

So he was gonna use our ST money to pay for his duds/mistake also? It just gets worse and worse.

At least David Murray had the decency to do a share issue and pay in 50M quid to get rid of the debt he ran up. He took responsibility for his actions.

Seems we are expected to foot the bill for Vlads mistakes.

Auld Reekin'

That'll be the royal, or Imperial Russian, "we" I take it...? :rolleyes:

So he was gonna use our ST money to pay for his duds/mistake also? It just gets worse and worse.

At least David Murray had the decency to do a share issue and pay in 50M quid to get rid of the debt he ran up. He took responsibility for his actions.

To be fair, we have also seen the likes of Gordon (in his last year or two), Skacel, Brellier, Fyssas, Bednar - for a while - who were beyond Hearts means. These were wonderful players who I am still grateful for seeing, even though the bills have been paid by watching the likes of Ksnavicius and Ivaskevicius in the last year.

So the ludicrous and abysmal financial mismanagement of the club has not just been about the duds.

Guest JamboRobbo
To be fair, we have also seen the likes of Gordon (in his last year or two), Skacel, Brellier, Fyssas, Bednar - for a while - who were beyond Hearts means. These were wonderful players who I am still grateful for seeing, even though the bills have been paid by watching the likes of Ksnavicius and Ivaskevicius in the last year.

So the ludicrous and abysmal financial mismanagement of the club has not just been about the duds.

I know mate. It's just funny sometimes watching NMH tie himself in knots trying to justify ANYTHING Vlad does.

Vlad signed Gordon on a longer contract so that fee we received for him covers all his loses in the transfer market.

Guest JamboRobbo
Vlad signed Gordon on a longer contract so that fee we received for him covers all his loses in the transfer market.

Excellent. So we won't be in the position NMH suggested, whereby Vlad was relying on our ST money coming in now to finance the short term running of the club.......

Auld Reekin'

:rofl:

Aye, very good... and, of course, it would all be so very different if only we'd all renewed our season tickets by now, like good little boys and girls, wouldn't it? :rolleyes:

:gangsta::sheep::sheep::sheep::sheep::sheep::sheep::sheep:

Vlad has had good buys and bad ones.

He has made good money on some and thrown money away on others.

Drylaw Hearts

He has made good money on some and thrown money away on others.

IIRC, I don't think VR has identified a player that we've sold and broke even, never mind made a profit from.

Guest JamboRobbo

Such as? From where I'm sitting, Vlads buys have generally cost a load of money and returned us not very much.

Yes, he financed the Gordon deal. But that wasn't a new signing brought in.

Drylaw Hearts
Such as? From where I'm sitting, Vlads buys have generally cost a load of money and returned us not very much.

I look forward to a VR good bye.

doctor jambo

So that is the debt back at the same level as we had before the arrival of the Romanovs

Circa ?23 million or so

I can live with that

Three seasons, one cup, one ,ahem second place and Champions League game and financial break even over a three year spell

I'd have taken that before they arrived- who wouldn't?

When was the last time Hearts broke even over a three year stint?

Hats off the the mad yin at least over this

(tin hat being fetched)

Drylaw Hearts
So that is the debt back at the same level as we had before the arrival of the Romanovs

Circa ?23 million or so

I can live with that

Three seasons, one cup, one ,ahem second place and Champions League game and financial break even over a three year spell

(tin hat being fetched)

No hats off I'm afraid.

We could have been in a far healthier position if he hadn't made a mess of the last 2 years.

IIRC, I don't think VR has identified a player that we've sold and broke even, never mind made a profit from.

In Vlad's time at the club he has put up the money for Skacel, Gordon, Hartley and Bednar. All these players we will make money from and all gave us some good times at fans including a Scottish cup win.

He has also brought in Beslija, Makela and quite a few other numpties that have been a complete waste of money.

In financing deals for players, there has been good and bad since he arrived at the club.

Drylaw Hearts
In Vlad's time at the club he has put up the money for Skacel, Gordon, Hartley and Bednar. All these players we will make money from and all gave us some good times at fans including a Scottish cup win.

He has also brought in Beslija, Makela and quite a few other numpties that have been a complete waste of money.

In financing deals for players, there has been good and bad since he arrived at the club.

As I said............. he hasn't identified a single player we've sold and broke even, let alone mad a profit.

Gordon and Hartley were at the Club already and Skacel and Bednar were Burley/Hunt signings.

VR/Lopez have done well to get decent Transfer Fee's for these players though.

Which indicates they know nothing about Football Players but are capable Businessmen.

Maybe they should stick to the Business side of the Club - don't you agree ?

Guest JamboRobbo

Players not picked by Vlad.

Players picked by Vlad.

Notice a pattern yet.

Oh, and yet another insightful addition to the debate from Dr Bapswent I see.

Jambo in Bathgate

The way forward is to do what Vlad did with Craig Gordon. Anyone who shows continued good form over a few seasons. For instance Glen will be offered a new contract at a high basic. The journalists will advertise for us as they did with Gordon. This will increase the transfer fee putting the OF out of the bidding. Then they go on their way to play in the championship or the EPL.

Drylaw Hearts
Just out of interest...who found Larry?

VR can take full responsibilty for Larry redm.

:)

Too think we used to laugh at the vermin for getting all excited over the money they used to make from transfers, at the expense of any ambition.

Changed days indeed.

Guest JamboRobbo
Just out of interest...who found Larry?

VR's mate fae the sports agency. How much profit has Larry made us so far? ;)

According to Hearts World commentary (or Hearts.TV or whatever it's called now), the Craig Gordon contract doesn't work like that. Apparently it was a ?7 million initial payment, plus an extra 1 mill on Craigs 25th Sunderland game, followed by the final 1 mill on his 100th appearance.

They mentioned this on the day Craig got his 25th appearance which was a month or so back. We will have to wait a while to get the last bit of money.

And Ruben?

I don't think any profit would be made on his sale either.

In general the Levein/Burley players have been our better players during the VR era. They have also commanded bigger transfer fees. Also in general, the VR players have been a playing disaster and a financial disaster (with the exception of Velicka).

Circa ?23 million or so

I can live with that

(tin hat being fetched)

Good points, however, we're about to add another ?51 million or so onto the debt, according to the club anyway. This must surely be a concern to all debt watchers.

I don't think any profit would be made on his sale either.

In general the Levein/Burley players have been our better players during the VR era. They have also commanded bigger transfer fees. Also in general, the VR players have been a playing disaster and a financial disaster (with the exception of Velicka).

Karapidis?

Karapidis?

Again I doubt that a profit would be made on his sale, though he has been decent since Christmas.

In general VR has brought in players from his Freemans Catalogue of journeyman players who are not suited to the SPL as well as the 'lucky dip' of damaged goods players nobody else wants.

Again I doubt that a profit would be made on his sale, though he has been decent since Christmas.

In general VR has brought in players from his Freemans Catalogue of journeyman players who are not suited to the SPL as well as the 'lucky dip' of damaged goods players nobody else wants.

Vlad or his advisers have brought in players like Ruben, Kingston and Karapidis as well as players like Beslija and Makela.

Some good, some bad.

A not previously guaranteed cash windfall that will make up for lost season ticket sales though...

Or are you going to try and tell us the regime had banked on getting this money?

So the regime can wear a few thousand less / delayed season ticket sales now?

VR's mate fae the sports agency. How much profit has Larry made us so far? ;)

I really didn't know who had found him but if nothing else, he's probably the most likely to get us a decent fee at some point. Unless there's some almighty balls up along the way....

What about Goncalves and his amazing whirling limbs? Who found him out of interest?

Are we talking about which Vlad signings have been laundered for a profit, or are we talking about which have benefited the team?

I'm sure this thread is principally about profits?

Anyway, Kingston and Ruben are players who have benefitted the team but have yet to prove to make a profit for Vlads back pocket.

All we can say factually is that only Velicka, who could be deemed to be a Vlad signing has turned in any profit.

All other profits have been from signings elsewhere.

It may turn out that Kingston is moved on for a good profit in the summer.

I doubt we will ever turn a profit on Ruben, Karipidis, Bruno - decent players though they are.

Vlads profitable players however must be weighed against his unprofitable ones - since Burley left the amount of money wasted is unbelievable.

Burley's unprofitable players would be Brellier, Fyssas and Pospisil - but the first 2 provided measurable added value to a successful team

Hearts have a short term cash flow problem in terms of meeting their responsibilities regarding the new stand (nursery, trams etc..) I strongly suspect any money received will be used to meet that.

Are we talking about which Vlad signings have been laundered for a profit, or are we talking about which have benefited the team?

You seriously think that Vlad is making illegal money buying and selling players?

I really didn't know who had found him but if nothing else, he's probably the most likely to get us a decent fee at some point. Unless there's some almighty balls up along the way....

What about Goncalves and his amazing whirling limbs? Who found him out of interest?

Rodney didn't explain the ?4.8m in player registration costs at the AGM.

So we are free to speculate on how much Kingston cost - perhaps ?2m?

Add his wages so far of perhaps ?700k, minus the 'contribution' he has made on the pitch (versus the contribution an alternative player could have made).

And a big transfer would be required to offset all that.

Nonetheless for a world class player, no doubt a big transfer fee is a certainty.

PresidentRomanov

Do you seriously think David Murray paid out ?50million to write off Rangers FC's debt :4_1_72:

Tommy Walker
Rodney didn't explain the ?4.8m in player registration costs at the AGM.

EMI (excuse my ignorance) what exactly are "registration costs" ?

Best

TW

Best

TW

That's what i'd like to know.

Guest JamboRobbo
Do you seriously think David Murray paid out ?50million to write off Rangers FC's debt :4_1_72:

his company underwrote the share issue to the tune of 50M. the point being, he took responsibility for his actions.

do you seriously think you're a better hearts fan than others? :4_1_72:

Guest JamboRobbo

Best

TW

Thats what we'd all liked to know.

All we know from the accounts are that "registration costs" cost us 4.8 million pounds in a year where we didnae sign very many players........

You seriously think that Vlad is making illegal money buying and selling players?

Noooooooo!!

I think he is using Hearts as a way to "brand" / western europe-ise players and move them on at profit.

So, for example, he'd never have got ?1m for Velicka had he scored 15 goals in 2/3s of a Kaunas season

He'll likely flog Kingston on at a profit too - having taken him from an unfashionable Russian club to get UK exposure

Nothing hugely wrong with that as long as our football team benefits in some way

Archived