Willie Collum

tartofmidlothian

In some ways I think it's how football should be refereed.

However, with the way officials dish out cards every other weekend I'd say there could have been about 15 yellow cards in that first half. Doyle should certainly be in the book.

Hannibal Lecter

Probably should have dished out a few yellow cards in the first half, and missed a clear cut penalty.

However, with the way officials dish out cards every other weekend I'd say there could have been about 15 yellow cards in that first half. Doyle should certainly be in the book.

Probably should have dished out a few yellow cards in the first half, and missed a clear cut penalty.

neither of you think stevenson should have seen red? left the ground with the studs showing. I like the ref letting the players stuck in. i think hes doing well apart from the pen incident

Jed The Jedi

neither of you think stevenson should have seen red? left the ground with the studs showing. I like the ref letting the players stuck in. i think hes doing well apart from the pen incident

If it had been McPake on Stevo i would have been livid if he had'nt walked

Brisbane_Jambo

He is having a mare, working slightly in our favour I'd say though!

As did McPake Stevo protected himself

Don't think he was that bad tbh. Could have given a pen, could have sent of Stevenson. Definitely nothing to suggest a bias tonight.

The problem with Gollum tonight is that he set out with an agenda, he was obviously reluctant to caution anyone, particularly in the early stages of the match. I don't think having any kind of agenda is good practice for a referee, you referee the game in front of you, not the game you want to see.

Jamboman1512

can't stand the guy but thought he had a better game than usual tonight, tried to let the game flow, fair play to the man.

Just left the game. Ref was so biased towards the Hibs!

I thought that at the game too, they seemed to get every 50/50 decision tonight and even some that were clearer cut for us.

Simply couldn't believe that Doyle didn't see at least yellow for his challenge on Jamie. Absolutely shocking, with zero intent to play the ball. He then repeated the challenge close to the Main Stand (can't remember on whom) and got away with it a second time.

With the challenges hibs put in, stevo's isnt that bad by comparision, taking into account its a derby i would be disgusted to see lunny do anything without calling hibs for doyles goalkeeper takedown

Maurice Moss

Seen worse refereeing performances. Didn't influence the outcome of the game (other than not giving the penalty on Robinson). The rest of the game he was fine, we didn't get a few decisions, they probably didn't get a few decisions. Meh.

Sorry but much as I hate Willie Collumn I thought he done ok today.

We should have had a penalty but you never see penalties given on late challenges in the box when the attacking team has a shot at goal.

The Doyle McDonald incident I thought there was no malice in it. Mcdonald is coming out, Doyle is going in, Mcdonald wins the ball and Doyle is backing off trying to get out the way (For his own safety) and its just a coming together.

Ricardo Quaresma

Seen worse refereeing performances. Didn't influence the outcome of the game (other than not giving the penalty on Robinson). The rest of the game he was fine, we didn't get a few decisions, they probably didn't get a few decisions. Meh.

Didn't influence the outcome of the game (other than not giving the penalty on Robinson)

Didn't influence the outcome of the game (other than not giving the penalty on Robinson)

:cornette:

He could have sent of Stevo and probably a couple of Hibs players, but kept the game calm.

I suppose this is a positive, but I'd rather players were correctly sent off.

We should have had a penalty but you never see penalties given on late challenges in the box when the attacking team has a shot at goal.

Obviously you didn't see Collum doing exactly that for DU v Dundee when in that case there was a much greater interval between foul and eventual shot but he still gave a belated penalty.

Maurice Moss

:laugh: Aye, worded poorly. It was meant as 'aside from the penalty, he refereed it pretty fairly'. I also think his main stand assistant could have done far more in the circumstance. His angle was probably the best for seeing the foul.

He was equally bad for both sides, he got the major two decisions of the game wrong, he failed to deal with Doyle or Deegan's persistent fouling and he and linesman got many small decisions like corners / throw ins after deflections wrong.

I thought he was very poor but at least he was consistently poor for both teams.

Had a good game aye, Stonewall penalty not give but a cracking game

Some people seem to think that by refusing to book people, no matter how much they kicked us off the park, is somehow going back to the good old days and how the game should be refereed. Doyle and Deegan had about 3 or 4 challenges each that merited bookings and he did **** all. How is that good refereeing?

The worst thing is, he was actually better than he was the last time we had him (St Johnstone away, was it?)

But he still wasn't any better than poor.

Shocker of a match for Collum, Doyle should have been off for two yellows first half - his assault on Jamie Mac could have broken his neck then another in front of main stand shortly afterwards, Mc Pake fouled all night and could have got a straight red if the pen was given yet did not even get booked, okay Stevo could have seen red but Mcgivern should also have been off. Would be surprised if he got pass marks!

Sorry but much as I hate Willie Collumn I thought he done ok today.

The Doyle McDonald incident I thought there was no malice in it. Mcdonald is coming out, Doyle is going in, Mcdonald wins the ball and Doyle is backing off trying to get out the way (For his own safety) and its just a coming together.

I can't agree with your assessment of Doyle's challenge. From where I was in the Gorgie he didn't have any awareness of where the ball was and didn't jump either. He just steamed in on MacDonald in the most cowardly fashion imaginable with the sole intention of taking him out. Reckless and dangerous.

Unfortunately I haven't seen a replay of the incident.

Broxburn_Jambo

I thought it was a very weak performance from the ref, didn't seem to want to make any decisions at all apart from the Wotherspoon dive which was so obvious it was embarrassing.

Missed a penalty for us, persistent fouling by Doyle, Deegan and McPake and generally gave free kicks against us for 50/50 challenges.

The bottom line is that Hibs' only strategy against us now is to try and kick us off the park and we need stronger referees to stop them getting away with that.

I can't agree with your assessment of Doyle's challenge. From where I was in the Gorgie he didn't have any awareness of where the ball was and didn't jump either. He just steamed in on MacDonald in the most cowardly fashion imaginable with the sole intention of taking him out. Reckless and dangerous.

Unfortunately I haven't seen a replay of the incident.

Yes, there don't seem to be any of the incidents when their players put in questionable challenges on the BBC highlights. They just seem to be concentrating on Stevenson.

I'm not suggesting they have an agenda, just that thinking about more than one thing at once is beyond most sports journalists.

rossthejambo

Just seen the penalty incident again. As bad a tackle as Stevenson's was if there's retrospective action taken on Stevenson i hope McPake's pulled up for that as well.

About time we started kicking up a stink about these things.

Is it just me or does anyone else snigger at "Willie Collum" I couldn't think of a more apt name for this cretin.

Is it just me or does anyone else snigger at "Willie Collum" I couldn't think of a more apt name for this cretin.

I do wonder what his parents were thinking of.

I believe his middle name is Joystick.

18Jambo_dave74

Absolute stone wall penalty missed, was a clear goal scoring opportunity as well so could have sent McPake off and could have sent Stevenson off for his tackle as well. I counted 3 fouls by Doyle in the first half and he should have been booked for his challenge on MacDonald alone. Deegan had a few fouls as well which he was let away with, one in particular on Taouil where he fouled him about three times in one go and then held on to Taouil's foot once he'd got past him.

Would give him credit for spotting the dive from Wotherspoon though.

Had a bad game and decided to ignore time wasting by hibs....... 3 mins added on at the end and there was about 6 subs as well. Horror show from him.

tartofmidlothian

What a load of p>sh you spout.

Rant over.

:lol::clap:

When I posted I was still seething at Doyle getting a wee slap of the wrists after going through Jamie and all the holding and jersey tugging going unpunished on the edge of their box. Thought he improved in the second half though, just like Hearts.

Are you his mum?

Archived