New Owners

Debaser

If new owners stated that they would sell tynecastle and build a 30,000 stadium with a retractable roof near riccarton would you go for it?? Discuss...

A similar proposal was made during Wallace Mercer's time and I didn't hear too many people voicing opposition to the proposal at that time. The big problems would be the same as it was then - planning permission for building on the Green Belt.

If new owners stated that they would sell tynecastle and build a 30,000 stadium with a retractable roof near riccarton would you go for it?? Discuss...

Not unless it had ejector seats too.

Guest S.U.S.S.

Dont know about that but if hobos stopped posting crap on KB it would be a nicer place.

Buffalo Bill

Only if they build a pub with dwarf butlers.

tb_028RandallTitanic.jpg

Buffalo Bill

Buffalo Bill
Handy for the park and ride!

That's what Stan Collymore said.

Buffalo Bill

tb_028RandallTitanic.jpg

Buffalo Bill

A seen from one of my Favourite films there Bill.....

Can you tell?!

No, because then the whole Romanov coming in thing would have been a waste of time and money, the main reason he came in was to stay at Tynecastle and what would be the point of all the planning permission Hearts have submitted, there were dozens of boxes full of documents, it took them months to create it. What a kick in the cranium that would be!

also;

Where is Riccarton BTW, I know it's where Hearts train but where abouts geographically in Edinburgh is it?

Depends on the footballing strategy the new owners had.

This current nightmare proves that a stay at Tynecastle at all costs mentality is not necessarily the best thing us as a football club

If they were to keep us @ tynecastle untill the stadium was built and we owned it cart blanch. Then yes, I would go for that!

Scenario

Vlad says to potential backers - not interested in the football team anymore but I want the land. The backers are proper businessmen, with money, but with a proper footballing strategy they are keen to implement.

A deal is done with the debt and the football side of Hearts is separated from the land.

Say, I dont know, Vlad says lets half the debt (if it is ?28m at the mo) stay with him. He sells Hearts for a token amount - the debt taken on by the new owners. New owners get a football club - they've already got the backing for a new stadium

His planning for the commercial development goes through, he pays the council the ?400,000 "penalty" to go for housing at Tynecastle.

He essentially gets what will now be around ?30m land half price (his half of the debt).

Vlad rents Tynie to us for a couple of years - the com prop / housing market is a dead horse at the mo anyway. So he gets money to service his ?14m debt whilst the economic cycle bottoms

Painful to leave Tynecastle but practically a dream resolution as far as I am concerned.

what difference does this make? Hearts fans (myself included) should really stop hoping for a millionare knight in shining armour to save us from yet another regime that we don't like.

not sure what the answer is though.

to answer the question though .. aye , I would accept it.

Riccarton is on the way to the Airport on the west side.

Marmeladent?rtchen

I would rather relegation and administration before leaving the centre of Edinburgh.

I knew a guy who was a season ticket holder for Stoke. He said when they moved out of town they would still meet in the centre for pre match drink. Even as die hard season ticket holders they would sometimes miss the game if the weather was bad as it was such a pain to get there.

I know people would sat there not true fans etc. but who many people would be arsed travelling 30 mins out of town mid winter waiting on LRT?

For me going to see Hearts is as much about football as seeing my mates for a pint before the game etc. I don?t think we would bother if we had to travel out of town, we are all pused for time these days.

Scenario

Vlad says to potential backers - not interested in the football team anymore but I want the land. The backers are proper businessmen, with money, but with a proper footballing strategy they are keen to implement.

A deal is done with the debt and the football side of Hearts is separated from the land.

Say, I dont know, Vlad says lets half the debt (if it is ?28m at the mo) stay with him. He sells Hearts for a token amount - the debt taken on by the new owners. New owners get a football club - they've already got the backing for a new stadium

His planning for the commercial development goes through, he pays the council the ?400,000 "penalty" to go for housing at Tynecastle.

He essentially gets what will now be around ?30m land half price (his half of the debt).

Vlad rents Tynie to us for a couple of years - the com prop / housing market is a dead horse at the mo anyway. So he gets money to service his ?14m debt whilst the economic cycle bottoms

Painful to leave Tynecastle but practically a dream resolution as far as I am concerned.

sounds like a amicable solution to the mess we are in and it would allow us to start again with more potential than we have ever had before!

scott herbertson
sounds like a amicable solution to the mess we are in and it would allow us to start again with more potential than we have ever had before!

sounds like a huge amount of money to me

?14 million for half the debt, then running costs of ?7million with no assets.

Then about ?25million to build a new stadium plus land acquisition costs in edinburgh :eek:.

The new owners will need ?40million+ to get us going in this scenario

Billy Bigtime

tb_028RandallTitanic.jpg

Buffalo Bill

Randall was not a butler! He was a robber.....and a jolly nice one too by all accounts!

Cambo_Jambo

Why would you put a retractable roof on a 30,000 seat stadium? They are

pointlessly expensive. A well drained pitch does a good enough job.

Then about ?25million to build a new stadium plus land acquisition costs in edinburgh :eek:.

How much debt will we be in for 23,000 seater. near ?100 mill

I'd only take it if we were debt free. A clean slate so to speak.

Nothing else could make up for losing Tynecastle.

it would just be a smaller scale version of how most other football clubs are bought / taken over these days.

I'm just plucking figures out of the air by way of example.

You get a stadium sponsor a lot of the stadium is paid for.

But - yup backing of around ?40m. Much less than the ?70m or so that was apparently mooted as what would be required earlier.

No matter what anyone thinks the key to Vlads ownership of Hearts is the large area of near city centre land upon which "we bide".

He's not really interested in us as a successful football team - that much must be apparent to everyone by now.

All he is doing is keeping us ticking over until the time upon which he can maximise his land investment.

All we are waiting upon is whether or not that involves us as a club.

At the end of the day the football side of the club is worth something to him. It is something he can get some money for - not as much profit as from the land but there you go.

I am certain he wont just bankrupt the club and walk away. He would lose out financially.

So sell the "football franchise" and pocket the land

Come on guys - everyone has always wondered what was in it for him....

Why dont we launch these parasites as soon as they enter this kind of pish. Hibs.net ban you for even thinking about typing bilge, let alone actually posting it. Over here meanwhile we're too ****ing soft.

Buffalo Bill
Randall was not a butler! He was a robber.....and a jolly nice one too by all accounts!

I never said he was.

Buffalo Bill

Archived