Juho Makela

sked21

I know some folk hate being update with former players scoring but believe it or not Mr Makela scored on his first game back for HJK Helsinki.

33 in 66 for them in his first spell there.

If he got a chance at Hearts, he could have been a good player.

I know some folk hate being update with former players scoring but believe it or not Mr Makela scored on his first game back for HJK Helsinki.

Doesnt surprise me. If he had got half the chances that ****ing Elliot did he would have scored a fair few for us im sure.

Lets hope he scores for fun tbh so we get more cash for him

Our club have made it clear they have no intention of giving him a chance so every extra penny helps

Don't think i've ever seen a Hearts player with as little ball skill or control as Makela. The ball just bounces off him like a brick wall.

Found his level.

Exactly. Isn't the Finnish league of a lower standard than the Lithuanian top flight?

Exactly. Isn't the Finnish league of a lower standard than the Lithuanian top flight?

Finland are 30 in UEFA's coeffients and Lithuania are 33.

Scotland are 10th just now.

HJK Helsinki's overall record in Europe is P90 W30 D11 L49.

FBK Kaunas' is P36 W14 D6 L16.

Kaunas' % record is better (39%) than HJK's (33%) in Europe.

Don't think i've ever seen a Hearts player with as little ball skill or control as Makela. The ball just bounces off him like a brick wall.

you not been watchinb CLUM then?? the guy with the magic slippers!!!!!!

:evilno:

Toxteth O'Grady
Doesnt surprise me. If he had got half the chances that ****ing Elliot did he would have scored a fair few for us im sure.

Correct

you not been watchinb CLUM then?? the guy with the magic slippers!!!!!!

:evilno:

Clum is awful, i'd say Juho's ball control was worse though.

Juho's goal average per first team appearances was better than Clum's and that is what matters for a striker.

Definitely. In a reserve game against Dundee United he lobbed the keeper from the edge of the box. Sound good? Nope. He was just trying to control a bouncing ball he was running onto. His first touch was awful but it so was bad it went right up in the air, carried for 18 yards and landed in the goals.

This was a game in which he scored after being put through 1 on 1 with the keeper early on. Fair enough to him on that one but he did miss a further 4, count em 4, really good chances that day. It certainly made me doubt his credentials as a good finisher.

wilson_hmfc
Juho's goal average per first team appearances was better than Clum's and that is what matters for a striker.

That isn't all that matters for a striker! predominately yes goals are the most important thing for a striker, but Makela has no ability as a football player whereas as much as everyone rips Calum he actually has the ability in there and i just think he needs away from tynie to prove that!

Mr Quagmire

Neilson.

...straight into the goal quite often too. How irritating...

Juho clearly has better finishing but my point was not about finising, it was about ball control and skill on the ball.

He's got a first touch like a coffee table.

The difference between Clum and Juho is that Makela would at least be in a scoring position at some point in any game - he'll score some and miss some. Elliot spends most of any game bustling around like a headless chicken. I can really remember very few chances he's had because he never seems to be able to get into those areas.

Definitely. In a reserve game against Dundee United he lobbed the keeper from the edge of the box. Sound good? Nope. He was just trying to control a bouncing ball he was running onto. His first touch was awful but it so was bad it went right up in the air, carried for 18 yards and landed in the goals.

This was a game in which he scored after being put through 1 on 1 with the keeper early on. Fair enough to him on that one but he did miss a further 4, count em 4, really good chances that day. It certainly made me doubt his credentials as a good finisher.

The difference between Clum and Juho is that Makela would at least be in a scoring position at some point in any game - he'll score some and miss some. Elliot spends most of any game bustling around like a headless chicken. I can really remember very few chances he's had because he never seems to be able to get into those areas.

Not sticking up for Elliot because he's ****e as well but he's a much better footballer than Juho Makela, and christ that's saying something, and the type of footballer who is garbage except from in the 6-yard box is a dying breed.

Hence the reason why Kris Boyd is struggling to get a game week in, week out at Ibrox.

His performances for the first team were fairly decent, I thought, but certainly the reports from reserve games were universally awful. IMO No other player on Hearts books would have scored the goal against Barcelona. He had to react instinctively and tucked it away with aplomb. I think he could have fulfilled a Boyd type role but ,there again, maybe not worth the money we are paying him. When you think we had a chance to buy Scott McDonald for a very similar sum to the amount we shelled out for him.:sad:

Not sticking up for Elliot because he's ****e as well but he's a much better footballer than Juho Makela, and christ that's saying something, and the type of footballer who is garbage except from in the 6-yard box is a dying breed.

Hence the reason why Kris Boyd is struggling to get a game week in, week out at Ibrox.

His performances for the first team were fairly decent, I thought, but certainly the reports from reserve games were universally awful. IMO No other player on Hearts books would have scored the goal against Barcelona. He had to react instinctively and tucked it away with aplomb. I think he could have fulfilled a Boyd type role but ,there again, maybe not worth the money we are paying him. When you think we had a chance to buy Scott McDonald for a very similar sum to the amount we shelled out for him.:sad:

There were a few players, like McDonald, who we'd be dying for now but a lot of fans were turning their noses up at them at the time.

Supporters, on this site anyway, are continuing to do so by saying we're too good to sign players like Barry Nicolson.

Guest GhostHunter

Juho IS Shin-Man.

He perfected the art of mis-controlling the ball with his shin and knees.

Hapless, Aimless, Useless, YooHoo Mackerel.

Pah

Hi guys!

Indeed Juho scored in his first appearance in HJK Helsinkis shirt yesterday. He played 45 mins in the second half and was seemingly lacking in match fitness, but won a few balls up front and took his goal well.

http://www.iltalehti.fi/nettitv/?27977768

The goal comes at 1:30 or something. Just thought I'd share...

Oh, and I know this will be a lot off topic, but as a comic relief: the guy who scored the first goal, Sajdak, has an interesting history and apparently an incompetent player agent who put Sajdak's amateurish player video on youtube. This has to be the funniest ****e I've seen in a while:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6wq_tiJi7o

Hi guys!

Indeed Juho scored in his first appearance in HJK Helsinkis shirt yesterday. He played 45 mins in the second half and was seemingly lacking in match fitness, but won a few balls up front and took his goal well.

http://www.iltalehti.fi/nettitv/?27977768

The goal comes at 1:30 or something. Just thought I'd share...

Oh, and I know this will be a lot off topic, but as a comic relief: the guy who scored the first goal, Sajdak, has an interesting history and apparently an incompetent player agent who put Sajdak's amateurish player video on youtube. This has to be the funniest ****e I've seen in a while:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6wq_tiJi7o

maybe he could make a similar video for Clum so we would all appreciate his latent skills more?

I think he is better at getting into goalscoring positions than any other striker we have used this year.

Some poor 'footballers' - such as McCoist - have that ability too. Makela would have scored more goals for us than any of our other strikers this season if he had had the majority of games in my opinion.

I think the key about Makela is that he never had a run in the first team

Therefore none of us can say whether he was the worst player at the club or had a worse touch than any other etc.

Players can come to life in the first team as opposed to the reserves. Look at Glen to an extent.

Given the amount of players over the last 30 months who were promoted to the firsts / played without any merit, nobody can argue either that he would have played had he earned his place.

All we can say with any basis of fact is that he didnt receive the chances other players did.

When he did play his scoring ratio was good.

I'd imagine this will be another player most fans will wish good riddance to but will go on to show some decent form under a proper manager with a proper football club

Hilary Briss

Hopefully he continues to bang them in and they buy the useless lump. Never a football player in his life and one of our worse signings ever given the money we spent on him and wages he is on.

Thig Ar Latha
I think the key about Makela is that he never had a run in the first team

Therefore none of us can say whether he was the worst player at the club or had a worse touch than any other etc.

Players can come to life in the first team as opposed to the reserves. Look at Glen to an extent.

Given the amount of players over the last 30 months who were promoted to the firsts / played without any merit, nobody can argue either that he would have played had he earned his place.

All we can say with any basis of fact is that he didnt receive the chances other players did.

When he did play his scoring ratio was good.

I'd imagine this will be another player most fans will wish good riddance to but will go on to show some decent form under a proper manager with a proper football club

Why he never got a run in the first Team is the main point. Someone posted last week that Frail would 'Never' play him if anyone else was available. If true, that would indicate the reason was more to do with a terrible attitude than his ability.

Why he never got a run in the first Team is the main point. Someone posted last week that Frail would 'Never' play him if anyone else was available. If true, that would indicate the reason was more to do with a terrible attitude than his ability.

Yeah - I've heard that sort of stuff

But I am sure Frail has played, or our other interim coaches have played, or been told to play, worse players and players with worse attitude over the last 30 months

Maybe his attitude suffered because he played feck all football for 18 months, for no apparent good cause, and watched "players" like Beni and Klimek get games ahead of him?

You are possibly right but he still never got a chance

No Nonsense

Decent goal to be fair, however Makela is certainly not worth the dosh that he is apparently on. Lets hope he does well and HJK are under pressure to make a deal happen. If it was gonna happen for him at Hearts, it would have done by now...

Never got a fair run in the team.

Let me ask a question:

Who would you rather of seen for most of the season:

Calum Elliot - who is pish but can control and pass the ball.

Juho Makela - pish. Can't control or pass the ball but gets in goalscoring positions.

Hmmmm. If Makela had the same number of games as Elliot I reckon he would be aprreciated a lot more.

But we will never know about the real Juho Makela. Best for both parties if he went elsewhere.

Never got a fair run in the team.

Let me ask a question:

Who would you rather of seen for most of the season:

Calum Elliot - who is pish but can control and pass the ball.

Juho Makela - pish. Can't control or pass the ball but gets in goalscoring positions.

Hmmmm. If Makela had the same number of games as Elliot I reckon he would be aprreciated a lot more.

But we will never know about the real Juho Makela. Best for both parties if he went elsewhere.

It wouldnt matter who you had in the team as they would not get service from Chesney :D as all he can do is dribble.

I just thought I would get that in :cool:

It wouldnt matter who you had in the team as they would not get service from Chesney :D as all he can do is dribble.

I just thought I would get that in :cool:

:eek:

Cheap shot.

Got to admit Miko has been really impressive. Still think Chesney is better though. Although he isn't proving it at the moment.

:eek:

Cheap shot.

Got to admit Miko has been really impressive. Still think Chesney is better though. Although he isn't proving it at the moment.

:D

Miko all the way!

Seriously though, I think Makela does get into finishing positions but his technique, and movement outside the box is shocking. The reserves is not the best place to judge him but every time I have seen him there he has been ****e.

Thig Ar Latha
Yeah - I've heard that sort of stuff

But I am sure Frail has played, or our other interim coaches have played, or been told to play, worse players and players with worse attitude over the last 30 months

Maybe his attitude suffered because he played feck all football for 18 months, for no apparent good cause, and watched "players" like Beni and Klimek get games ahead of him?

You are possibly right but he still never got a chance

I agree with what you post here. I was only repeating from memory what another poster said last week.

i cannot believe i am having to say this again JUHO MAKELA IS ONE OF THE WORST FOOTBALLERS EVER TO GRACE A HEARTS JERSEY AND HE HAS COMPETITION FROM SOME VERY BAD PLAYERS OVER THE YEARS. IF YOU SAW HIM IN THE RESERVES OR AT TRAINING YOU WOULD SEE WHY HE NEVER GOT NEAR THE TEAM

i cannot believe i am having to say this again JUHO MAKELA IS ONE OF THE WORST FOOTBALLERS EVER TO GRACE A HEARTS JERSEY AND HE HAS COMPETITION FROM SOME VERY BAD PLAYERS OVER THE YEARS. IF YOU SAW HIM IN THE RESERVES OR AT TRAINING YOU WOULD SEE WHY HE NEVER GOT NEAR THE TEAM

I'll shout louder -

CLUM IS WORSE!!! ;)

Hilary Briss
I'll shout louder -

CLUM IS WORSE!!! ;)

To be fair, its like comparing herpees & crabs..........you wouldnt want either ;)

Forget all that, what did Bednar have for breakfast this morning? Was it Frosties again or has he changed cereal?

Dirk Diggler
He's got a first touch like a coffee table.

Or indeed a touch like John Leslie on a night out.

Archived