Galaxy s3 help needed

BigMDV

I upgraded to an s3 about a month ago (on 3 network), my problem with it is I dont

seem to be able to recieve picture messages - I get the message telling me the pic is 187k), and in the body

of the message is a download button, when I press it, it changes to downloading and after 2 or 3 seconds

the 'message tone' sounds, I assumed it had downloaded as there were no error messages. The

picture does not appear in messages, I checked the gallery and download folder, but its not

there either, where is it? I havent changed any settings since I got the phone from 3.

The only tip I could see on a help forum was make sure 'use packet data' is ticked, and it is.

If anyone can solve this they become a hero to me :crowngrin:

Guest C00l K1d

Had the exact same problem.

I just randomly checked/unchecked boxes and kept restarting my phone and eventually it worked.

Mind and restart the phone after applying settings

Gregory House M.D.

If you click on the message and then press the menu button a "save attachment" option should come up and save it to you "Downloads" in the gallery. I've never came across what you're talking about here though as on my S3 the photos show up on the message.

Gregory House M.D.

Go into the messages menu and check you have "Auto-retrieve" ticked in the MMS settings. That's all I can think of I'm afraid.

Gregory House M.D.

It's definitely only the Auto-retrieve setting that effects this. If you have it off the picture will come up as "download" if it's on the picture will pop up in the message.

Hopefully this helps you. :thumbsup:

Archived