Tito Vilanova

Beats

Just listened to Richard keys talk about this. Wish him a speedy recovery.

Talksport believe guardiola will come back till the end of the season.

Not good news. From the Mirror:

Tito Vilanova suffers tumor relapse: Barcelona boss steps down as club searches for temporary replacement

19 Dec 2012 12:03

Barcelona coach had a tumour removed last year, but has suffered a relapse and has stepped down, according to reports in Spain.

According to reports from Spain, Barcelona coach Tito Vilanova has stepped down from his post after suffering a tumor relapse.

The coach had a tumor removed from his parotid gland in November last year while working as the Catalan club's assistant coach.

The operation was a success, and Vilanova returned to work with Barca, eventually taking over from Pep Guardiola when he stepped down in April.

Spanish television station Cuatro reported that Vilanova had suffered a relapse and had decided to step down with immediate effect.

Barcelona have already contacted their first-choice candidate to replace him on a temporary basis for the remainder of the season and are awaiting a decision.

The club's regular Wednesday press conference was cancelled this morning.

I think he has won 15 out of 16 league games this year... He obviously only drew the classico..

He is also still in the Spanish Cup plus he topped his Champions League group..

Lets face it these are difficult shoes to fill.. in fact you can probably only get worse no matter what you do..

Awful news. :(

All the best to him and his family as he fights through this - but on Guardiola, the problem is he needed a break. A long one. 12 months, in fact - meaning he might not be ready to come back. And as much as I'm sure he'd want to help his friend and the club he's achieved so much with, Barca's hardly a job someone who isn't fully prepared for it can do.

Utterly irrelevant though it is when set against this appalling news, this could greatly change the dynamics of the whole season, it seems to me.

Absolutely terrible news doing such a good job at barca but ultimately his health is more important and wish him all the best and a quick recovery

Really sad news. I had my doubts he could carry on the mantle of Pep, but he did really well and better than what I thought.

I hope he seeks the time and expertise to hit back and get well soon.

Pep and Tito are close friends, so I'm almost sure Pep will come and step back in until the end of the season. So much for his sabbatical!

Terrible news, no doubt he wil b a great manager but like pep, he inherited a team of superstars and the best player of all time, it surely couldnt b a hard job!!

Never Let Them Forget

Tito has took Guardiola's team and improved it, there looking better than ever. Barca have started that well Guardiola would be crazy to go back as the team can't improve and the only way is down. Barca have always stated they promote within so i would imagine it would be his assistant or b team manager in the meantime. Health comes before any sport and hope Tito makes a speedy recovery.

Tito has took Guardiola's team and improved it, there looking better than ever. Barca have started that well Guardiola would be crazy to go back as the team can't improve and the only way is down. Barca have always stated they promote within so i would imagine it would be his assistant or b team manager in the meantime. Health comes before any sport and hope Tito makes a speedy recovery.

Replacing him with the B team manager or Tito's assistant is a huge gamble yes it's something the club like to do but it's a massive step for anyone never mind someone with little experience. Pep would be the obvious choice with him knowing the squad inside out

Replacing him with the B team manager or Tito's assistant is a huge gamble yes it's something the club like to do but it's a massive step for anyone never mind someone with little experience. Pep would be the obvious choice with him knowing the squad inside out

add to that it would be happening mid season

Never Let Them Forget

It has worked with Pep and Tito with little experience so they'll continue going down that route

It has worked with Pep and Tito with little experience so they'll continue going down that route

Granted it worked with Pep and Tito but both were in the assistant and B team manager positions for a lot longer gaining valuable experience. But whatever happens and whoever is in charge the main thing is that Tito pulls through and makes a full recovery.

Granted it worked with Pep and Tito but both were in the assistant and B team manager positions for a lot longer gaining valuable experience. But whatever happens and whoever is in charge the main thing is that Tito pulls through and makes a full recovery.

I believe so but being a member of the back room staff then assistant for a short time to getting put straight in at manager would be alot of pressure for the guy!

Archived