U20s horror show

Footballfirst

Footballfirst

Lost 6-1 to Aberdeen.

Shocking defending and little threat up front. Hat tricks for Smith and McManus. Walker scored Hearts only counter.

Team

Ridgers

King McKay McGhee Ford

Tapping Prychynenko Nicholson

King Walker Carrick

Subs McMillan Oliver Scott

Lost 6-1 to Aberdeen.

Shocking defending and little threat up front. Hat tricks for Smith and McManus. Walker scored Hearts only counter.

Team

Ridgers

King McKay McGhee Ford

Tapping Prychynenko Nicholson

King Walker Carrick

Subs McMillan Oliver Scott

thought tapping was on loan at alloa

Footballfirst

Tapping was only away for a month. He was taken off with two mins to go to save him being sent off leaving Hearts to finish with ten men.

It's going a bit downhill for the youngsters recently is it not? Any reason for this? Thought they looked very capable earlier on in the season

Footballfirst

Pass marks for Adam King in the first half and Jamie Walker in the second. Everyone else was pretty ineffective throughout.

Fort Vallance

It's going a bit downhill for the youngsters recently is it not? Any reason for this? Thought they looked very capable earlier on in the season

Just a thought, but could it be that a few of the squad that were more experienced at that level are now in the first team squad and the younger once who have stepped up are still adjusting.

Paulie Walnut

Judging by the prematch tweets moaning about the journey, didn't seem like some could be bothered with it...

100% correct. Horrendous attitude by most of them.

I know people who travel that distance everyday for work and they moan about doing it for a football match.

Ridgers and Prychynenko the only overage players, plus several players still eligible for U19s are now in the first team squad. There are always going to be some bad results. Not time to start slaughtering the youngsters.

loveofthegame

That is an absolute shocker, given the team had Ridgers, Walker, Denis, Tapping and McKay in there.

Shows how far these guys on the whole are from 1st team level. And some want loads of them chucked in....

Will Aberdeen be bringing out a book? :whistling:

Sounds like they another few quality players coming through to be fair.

Eion Jess and Scott Booth then sod all for 15 years and then loads of them. Something in the North Sea me thinks.

I know people who travel that distance everyday for work and they moan about doing it for a football match.

Bit OTT. Who likes travelling for 3hrs each way on a bus? You should maybe hint to your mates that they should think about moving closer to their work, **** 250miles and 6hrs of travelling every day :lol:

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

That's quite a strong team as well! Good to see them pushing for a place in the first team.

Bit OTT. Who likes travelling for 3hrs each way on a bus? You should maybe hint to your mates that they should think about moving closer to their work, **** 250miles and 6hrs of travelling every day :lol:

Football players travelling 3 hrs on a bus to play a match is NOT something to complain about.

In some countries 3 hrs wouldn't be far off a local derby. We have a small country and this isn't far off the longest journey they will make.

That attitude won't bode well if they are ever lucky enough to play in Europe in their careers.

As have said on twitter, Cammy Smith for Aberden got a hat trick - he played for 1st team at Tynie & despite not standing out, he's clearly a talent & taken a chance to show that today

Ross

As did young Declan(Elvis)McManus, funny i noticed that eh?

As have said on twitter, Cammy Smith for Aberden got a hat trick - he played for 1st team at Tynie & despite not standing out, he's clearly a talent & taken a chance to show that today

jamboinglasgow

I know people who travel that distance everyday for work and they moan about doing it for a football match

Yes, all players should be banned from moaning about anything. Seriously who cares about them moaning about a long trip, everyone does it if they to travel more than an hour away for a one of thing.

Bad result and will be a sore one for the players but its from bad games that players learn most and if they can pick themselves up and learn from this then I am happy with that. Only if this becomes a regular occurance should we be worried.

Sadly me.. i like looking out the windows.... sad i know :P:D

Craig Gordons Gloves

could be a bit of scheming by the young players - play shockingly bad for a wee while so they don't have to play for McGlynn.

:)

Ross

As did young Declan(Elvis)McManus, funny i noticed that eh?

Haha I did notice but Didnt think anything of the name. Didnt recognise it

Footballfirst

There are several excuses that could be made, like the bizzare arrangements for the game that had the team change and do part of their warm up indoors at Pittodrie, then bussed up to Balgownie (Aberdeen Univ Playing Fields) to play a game in persistent rain, on an underprepared pitch that was bumpy, sodden in places and cut up badly. They then had to return to Pittodrie to get showered and changed after the game.

Whoever allowed such arrangements to be agreed shouldn't be doing that job if that's the best they could come up with.

But, the bottom line is that the conditions were the same for both sides and Hearts just didn't perform against a much more direct and hungrier side with a couple of players who were accomplished in putting the ball in the net.

Too many players just didn't perform and individual mistakes led to most of Aberdeen's goals, Callum Tapping losing possession at the edge of the box, Brad McKay and Jordan McGhee going for the same ball and eventually being short with a pass back to Mark Ridgers, whose starting position back on his line was poor, another flap from the keeper in an attempt at a two handed punch that went all of about five yards, a winger left with no-one within 20 yards of him when he received the ball at the edge of the box and still unchallenged when he squared the ball across goal, a penalty conceded by McKay when McManus had no threat towards goal. All these mistakes resulted in goals.

At the other end of the park, Dale Carrick's first touch was woeful, Sam Nicholson was lightweight, Billy King needs to learn that you are guaranteed to miss 100% of shots that you don't take (sic Wayne Gretsky).

The game passed Denis Prychynenko bye. Callum Tapping evenually lost the place with a "tackle" that might have got a rugby player sent off, hauling someone down with both his arms round the Dons player's neck. Darren Murray was forced to hook him with a couple of minutes left, despite already having commited all three subs.

Oh, and the team selection was a bit odd too with no naturally left footed players in the starting line up.

Have I missed anyone?

That said there were periods of play when Hearst passed the ball around pretty well on a poor surface, but were still completely toothless up front.

It put me in mind of the 7-0 loss Hearts U19s suffered at the hands of Hamilton a couple of years back. They bounced back from that by going undefeated for the rest of that season. Lets hope the same is true this season.

I see Cammy Smith from them is saying he loves beating mini Huns to someone on his twitter, another arsehole

Looks an intelligent lad...

0,,10284~10606270,00.jpg

Paulie Walnut

There are several excuses that could be made, like the bizzare arrangements for the game that had the team change and do part of their warm up indoors at Pittodrie, then bussed up to Balgownie (Aberdeen Univ Playing Fields) to play a game in persistent rain, on an underprepared pitch that was bumpy, sodden in places and cut up badly. They then had to return to Pittodrie to get showered and changed after the game.

Whoever allowed such arrangements to be agreed shouldn't be doing that job if that's the best they could come up with.

But, the bottom line is that the conditions were the same for both sides and Hearts just didn't perform against a much more direct and hungrier side with a couple of players who were accomplished in putting the ball in the net.

Too many players just didn't perform and individual mistakes led to most of Aberdeen's goals, Callum Tapping losing possession at the edge of the box, Brad McKay and Jordan McGhee going for the same ball and eventually being short with a pass back to Mark Ridgers, whose starting position back on his line was poor, another flap from the keeper in an attempt at a two handed punch that went all of about five yards, a winger left with no-one within 20 yards of him when he received the ball at the edge of the box and still unchallenged when he squared the ball across goal, a penalty conceded by McKay when McManus had no threat towards goal. All these mistakes resulted in goals.

At the other end of the park, Dale Carrick's first touch was woeful, Sam Nicholson was lightweight, Billy King needs to learn that you are guaranteed to miss 100% of shots that you don't take (sic Wayne Gretsky).

The game passed Denis Prychynenko bye. Callum Tapping evenually lost the place with a "tackle" that might have got a rugby player sent off, hauling someone down with both his arms round the Dons player's neck. Darren Murray was forced to hook him with a couple of minutes left, despite already have commited all three subs.

Oh, and the team selection was a bit odd too with no naturally left footed players in the starting line up.

Have I missed anyone?

That said there were periods of play when Hearst passed the ball around pretty well on a poor surface, but were still completely toothless up front.

It put me in mind of the 7-0 loss Hearts U19s suffered at the hands of Hamilton a couple of years back. They bounced back from that by going undefeated for the rest of that season. Lets hope the same is true this season.

Sounds like a billy big spuds excuse. I have heard players say it for years.

Some of these players are clearly letting the first team exposure get to their heads and enjoying the luxury that goes with it, without putting the hard graft in at places like this.

Footballfirst

Sounds like a billy big spuds excuse. I have heard players say it for years.

Some of these players are clearly letting the first team exposure get to their heads and enjoying the luxury that goes with it, without putting the hard graft in at places like this.

Did you read the rest of my post beyond the first paragraph?

Paulie Walnut

Did you read the rest of my post beyond the first paragraph?

Yes and found it very informative. But you cant get away from the fact that some players attitudes are terrible.

They most certainly didn't want to travel and this bad attitude was compounded by simple facilities that are not matching of their false expectations. I have seen and experienced this for years.

The game passed Denis Prychynenko bye. Callum Tapping evenually lost the place with a "tackle" that might have got a rugby player sent off, hauling someone down with both his arms round the Dons player's neck. Darren Murray was forced to hook him with a couple of minutes left, despite already having commited all three subs.

Have I missed anyone?

ermmm, you missed Walker, A King and Ford. May as well do the lot of them. After all, its a team game !

We_are_the_Hearts

Yes, all players should be banned from moaning about anything. Seriously who cares about them moaning about a long trip, everyone does it if they to travel more than an hour away for a one of thing.

Bad result and will be a sore one for the players but its from bad games that players learn most and if they can pick themselves up and learn from this then I am happy with that. Only if this becomes a regular occurance should we be worried.

I'm sorry but they should be buzzing about playing a game of footy, playing for the JTs and looking to play well to push into the 1st team. Not moaning about travelling. I would personally ban phones and ipods etc on these trips, surely that's the time for team bonding and not interacting in social media.

I'm sorry but they should be buzzing about playing a game of footy, playing for the JTs and looking to play well to push into the 1st team. Not moaning about travelling. I would personally ban phones and ipods etc on these trips, surely that's the time for team bonding and not interacting in social media.

:really:

How do you bond on a bus likes? Sing campfire songs all the way up? :lol:

Can't believe the players attitudes are being questioned because a couple (yes, probably no more than 1 or 2 of them) joked about the shan bus ride to Aberdeen :dizzy2:

We_are_the_Hearts

:really:

How do you bond on a bus likes? Sing campfire songs all the way up? :lol:

Can't believe the players attitudes are being questioned because a couple (yes, probably no more than 1 or 2 of them) joked about the shan bus ride to Aberdeen :dizzy2:

It's called banter, chat etc. Or are you another youngster that lives their life through their phone?

jamboinglasgow

It's called banter, chat etc. Or are you another youngster that lives their life through their phone?

What makes you think that they dont chat and have banter with each other on the bus?

We_are_the_Hearts

What makes you think that they dont chat and have banter with each other on the bus?

Obviously they do. I would just ban the ipods/phones for the duration for journeys and games to activeley encourage as much team bonding and spirit as possible. They have plenty time to go on Facebook and Twitter away from games.

This was just one result. Freak results do happen from time to time.

Cut the boys some slack but if it becomes a habit we really need to look at things.

Football players travelling 3 hrs on a bus to play a match is NOT something to complain about.

In some countries 3 hrs wouldn't be far off a local derby. We have a small country and this isn't far off the longest journey they will make.

That attitude won't bode well if they are ever lucky enough to play in Europe in their careers.

6 hr journey when the LA galaxy play the earthquakes in a "local" derby. The rest of the fixtures are by plane...

Footballfirst

A strong looking H1b5 side could only draw 1-1 at home to Ross County today. That 4 hour bus trip from Dingwall must have been draining. :dizzy2:

Archived