SF on Ruben (Todays EEN)

paulyjambo

Cut The Crap

Ruben is a bit like Bruno. Neat and tidy but largely ineffective.

He and Jonsson make an uninspired central midfield pairing. I'd prefer to see one of them (probably Jonsson, who is a better first-time passer) paired with a Cameron-style player in the middle.

Of course, then we'd need something a bit more solid than Mikonuaskis in the wide positions.

Buffalo Bill

Che?s causes represent ?the struggle? to stupid, annoying Thelltic-mhinded people.

Buffalo Bill

People say we need a player to hold the ball up - Ruben can do that. He can also pass the ball with incredible accuracy most of the time, the St Mirren game last week I think, it was was his worst game in Hearts colours, he mis-placed about half of his passes and he was closed down too quickly to do anything with the ball. That is where Jonsson can help him, if he can use himself to take midfielders away from Ruben, he will have more time on the ball to play one of his many killer passes.

Also on the point a few have made about him not scoring goals (except that one against Falkirk) he has never been a goalscorer, I doubt if he is in double figures in his professional career, it's not what he does. When he ventures forward he will have a strike, usually it is on target or inches past the post (one thing I've noticed, he has never hit a shot over the bar, he keeps them low, watch for it in future).

Ruben has also become stronger physically, I noticed it against Inverness, he stuck in with a few tackles and didn't get nudged off the ball like when he first came into the team.

Frail is right to say the Hearts team next season should be based around him.

best in the land

ruben just now looks good just now,but needs the right outlet infront.

only downside though is when things aren't going well he dissapears a bit.

maybe a real manager would get more out of this kind of player.;)

Archived