Reserves Fixtures....

redm

Just had a quick look at the fixture list on the main website and it looks like the Reserves have a game today at 2pm but it also looks as if we've already played a game that isn't meant to happen until May 21st! Hmm.

Is there definitely a Reserve game today?

chester copperpot
******* will be along shortly to tell us Hearts were crap and he left at half time.

who do we play on Thursday?

hearts

ridgers, tall, rapnik, zaliukas, devine, wagner, screpis, mackle, ivaskevicius, wallace, mearns

at half time bruno and husband came on for screpis and wagner

i only got there at half time so can only give you a report on that. i thought hearts played some nice stuff and looked solid enough at the back although killen was winning his ariel battle with rapnik but they were coming to nothing.

ryan wallace was furrowing a lone role up front and i reckoned bobo balde was going to eat him at one point he must have had a 10 stone weight advantage. i thought husband, bruno and mearns ran the midfield and sno really looks a great big dumpling for celtic and cannot see him getting anywhere near the first team again.

very impressed with sean mackle today and from what i saw MOM was either him or Husband.

husband is a real prospect and at 17 is a very big physical lad who also has some lovely touches and can pass a ball. rapnik also is some size for a 17 year old and i reckon physically he could handle the step up and he has some left peg on him.

all in all hearts deserved there win and two or three of them deserve a wee run in the first team over the last three games.

five minutes after i sat down i heard an irritating irish accent and on turning to my right found i had sat four seats from mr lennon whose hair was not quite as gingery as it sometimes looks on telly. he was defo not impressed with what he saw in particular sno who at times looked awful.

tosheeturtle

I never realise the game was on today until i looked at this thread at 2:50pm... so as i just live ten mins away from forthbank managed to see the second half!! Its always fun to listen to weegies moan... have to laugh at them when they say the refs is unfair to them!!

MackaysCentreSpot

A good team performance today but a few stood out.

Zali had a really solid game today and broke forward well......MOTM for me.

Eddie Mearns was superb in midfield again..........had a silly two footed tackle though that could have seen him walk but he was lucky the ref just showed him yellow.

Some of Screpis's passing and touches were exquisite in the first half.

Evander Sno saw yellow for cheating when he took a a blatant dive.

The officials missed two blatant penalty claims for hand balls, one against both sides.

A win was a bit flattering. Probably a draw would have been the right result but who is complaining. Its always nice to take 3 points of the m at anytime.

A entertaining game indeed.

That was the first reserve game I'd been to in ages and I'm really glad I made the trip, it cheered me up no end to see so many of our youngsters put 'experienced' OF players through their paces. The weight advantage alone was noticeable, I think the Hearts side must have collectively weighed about the same as the Celtic defence but they did a fine job nonetheless.

One who really stood out for me was Eddie Mearns - he's a wee fella but I really liked his attitude. Totally fearless and confident enough to get vocal with more established players like Aguiar...Mackle was impressive...All in all, despite only seeing the second half, Hearts deserved their win.

Agree with savage on Sno too, he really was amusing to watch. I don't remember him ever being THAT bad when i'd seen him play before, but he was completely flat footed and looked like he'd never seen a football before. I doubt he'll be around much longer...

Going on reports and having seen Mearns, I'm a bit disappointed he's supposedly getting released.

Really?

Maybe some others who have seen him play more regularly could shed some light on that bizarre decision but from what little I saw, he seems worth hanging on to.

Really?

Maybe some others who have seen him play more regularly could shed some light on that bizarre decision but from what little I saw, he seems worth hanging on to.

Apparently.

:confused:

Archived