Todays other football

:shitwine:

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blue Moon :smuggy:

Best way to bounce back from last week, especially at a potentialy tough away day like Newcastle.

City playing brilliantly so far.

Best I've seen them in ages.

Loads of side seem to play well against Newcastle though - and not necessarily because of the latter being bad. They're not. They've just got a desperately shallow squad which, where they got the rub of the green last season, aren't at all this season.

Every time I watch Newcastle, I think they cannot possibly become relegation candidates. But then you look at the table, and trips to Man U and Arsenal on the horizon, and you start to wonder...

Rand Paul's Ray Bans

Thing is, Man City haven't had to exert themselves much so far.

Newcastle have just been terrible lately. As McClure said, best way to bounce back.

Loads of side seem to play well against Newcastle though - and not necessarily because of the latter being bad. They're not. They've just got a desperately shallow squad which, where they got the rub of the green last season, aren't at all this season.

Every time I watch Newcastle, I think they cannot possibly become relegation candidates. But then you look at the table, and trips to Man U and Arsenal on the horizon, and you start to wonder...

Just the 7 years of Pardew's contract to pay off then!

Shaun, im not so sure Arsenal away is as daunting a prospect for them as we should all think. They may even target that as a game where they can kick start a run of results

Arsenal are utterly gash, and very very vulnerable now

Just the 7 years of Pardew's contract to pay off then!

That has to have clauses. Surely! :lol:

And the thing is, while Pardew's first Premier League season with West Ham was remarkable - with a side widely presumed to be cannon fodder, he finished top 10 and was seconds from winning the FA Cup, which would've been an amazing achievement - his second was a disaster. A victim of circumstance more than anything else, he was gone by this stage of the season.

Most Newcastle fans I know were furious they didn't strengthen during the summer, and figured they'd go backwards. Not to this extent though. Second season syndrome on more than one count there.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Can't see that to be honest. Always capable of beating anyone on their day.

Giving Pardew an 8 year deal was madness.

Shaun, im not so sure Arsenal away is as daunting a prospect for them as we should all think. They may even target that as a game where they can kick start a run of results

Arsenal are utterly gash, and very very vulnerable now

I know what you mean, but I can't see them getting a result there. Next weekend at home to QPR - the kind of game which will either be a comfortable Toon win or a dispiriting draw - is huge for them now.

They really need to get Ba and Cisse up top together. Cisse is useless on the right. Anita is pish anaw

Pretty sure Newcastle are going to lose a couple of players for the African Nations.

Mind when they went down last time - folk said they would never go down but results kept going against them and the fixtures got fewer and fewer.

Don't think they will go down myself but really thought they would build on what they did last term.

There's no danger Newcastle will be anywhere near the relegation places.

Possibly not, but their slide since Pardew was given a ridiculously long contract has been alarming.

Pretty sure Newcastle are going to lose a couple of players for the African Nations

Tiote, Ba and Cisse

Possibly not, but their slide since Pardew was given a ridiculously long contract has been alarming.

Which is interesting - because what would be more likely to foster an attitude of complacency than the sense that the manager is safe regardless of results?

Walter Bishop

Templeton off, he has been pish.

Quite like the look of the centre midfielder for Montrose, reminds me of Blacky a wee bit, their number 8.

Pretty sure Newcastle are going to lose a couple of players for the African Nations.

Mind when they went down last time - folk said they would never go down but results kept going against them and the fixtures got fewer and fewer.

Don't think they will go down myself but really thought they would build on what they did last term.

They went down with a very strong squad the last time. Viduka, Owen, Nolan, Barton, Duff etc. I reckon relegation in the EPL will be Reading, QPR and anyone from 8th down (excluding Liverpool) in the current table.

They went down with a very strong squad the last time. Viduka, Owen, Nolan, Barton, Duff etc. I reckon relegation in the EPL will be Reading, QPR and anyone from 8th down (excluding Liverpool) in the current table.

For me, despite Saints' recent improvement, it's still Reading, Southampton and AN Other. QPR have an awful lot to do, but are on the turn now.

Meanwhile, game on all of a sudden at SJP...

Here comes the goal scorer

DEMBA BA

He comes from Dakar

DEMBA BA

Ba-ba-ba-ba-ba

Ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-ba

Dembaaaaaaaa Ba!!!

Newcastle have been much the better side this half

Sadly Rangers defence is in serious need in re-inforcement so I reckon they will attempt to sign Zal, Webster and McGowan on pre-contracts in January. I think McCoist has a major thing for our 2010/11 side under JJ.

Sadly Rangers defence is in serious need in re-inforcement so I reckon they will attempt to sign Zal, Webster and McGowan on pre-contracts in January. I think McCoist has a major thing for our 2010/11 side under JJ.

Transfer embargo? Pretty sure they wouldny be able to sign untill september 1st, so would have to remain free agents untill then, from end of may/start of june time. Long time not playing for them. Especially Gowser. I dont think he will go there. Celtic though, a diffrent story

Transfer embargo? Pretty sure they wouldny be able to sign untill september 1st, so would have to remain free agents untill then, from end of may/start of june time. Long time not playing for them. Especially Gowser. I dont think he will go there. Celtic though, a diffrent story

They can sign players on pre-contract agreements to join them as free agents from September 1st. Although this may be more pant-wetting on my part, eh John ;)

Walter Bishop

They cant Sign anyone in January though?

Walter Bishop

They can sign players on pre-contract agreements to join them as free agents from September 1st. Although this may be more pant-wetting on my part, eh John ;)

Prettysure they cant sign anyone at all? Possibly under 18s.

Kyle cops a sore one in the face :yas:

It's taken ESPN 20 minutes to realise that the Montrose scorer wasn't who they thought it was :lol:

They cant Sign anyone in January though?

They can't sign anyone in January but they can agree pre-contracts with players to sign for them from September 1st as free agents. Hence why they are being linked with Jamie Murphy of Motherwell in the tabloids.

They won't re-sign Webster, Gowser's knocked them back already which leaves Zal.

Aye so we agree then. Not until September. I suppose they could still train with them etc. Agree as above, Gowser will knock them back again, he can do much better for himself. Dunno about Webster and Zal, theres a chance

With regards your pant wetting, im guessing thats something to do wih me having voted you as the biggest pant wetter? I wasnt the only one so im sure you will pulling the others up on it too?

Archived