Alarm clocks and thin walls!

Doctor FinnBarr

Doctor FinnBarr

First of all, let me just say that the dividing walls of our houses are paper thin and you can hear most noises coming thro them, their radio alarm in particular! I,ve already had words with her about it but to no avail. It goes off regular for more than 30 minutes but if I dare to complain she,ll go to work the next day and leave it on snooze so that when it does go off it,ll sound for about an hour! Strange thing is, when we bang on the wall it gets turned off at once because in her words " its a different sort of noise"! But once you,ve rattled the walls thats you awake.

Now its got worse because shes picked up a boyfriend who appears to have moved in and requires the alarm set even earlier. This morning for example....

5.50, alarm goes for 5 minutes, I get up.

6.00, alarm goes for 5 minutes

6.10 alarm goes for 5 minutes

6.20, alarm goes for 5 minutes, I hear wife launching herself at wall, banging and screaming abuse at them.

6.30, alarm goes off for 5 minutes

6.40, alarm goes off for 5 minutes, he leaves soon after.

7.05, alarm goes for 5 minutes

7.20, alarm goes for 1 minute, her and her daughter come out fully clothed seconds later.

Don,t suggest that we complain to the council cos we have done and their as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike! It seems their noise manual doesn,t have an alarm clock section in it!!!!!!

:evilno:

kennygarland1
First of all, let me just say that the dividing walls of our houses are paper thin and you can hear most noises coming thro them, their radio alarm in particular! I,ve already had words with her about it but to no avail. It goes off regular for more than 30 minutes but if I dare to complain she,ll go to work the next day and leave it on snooze so that when it does go off it,ll sound for about an hour! Strange thing is, when we bang on the wall it gets turned off at once because in her words " its a different sort of noise"! But once you,ve rattled the walls thats you awake.

Now its got worse because shes picked up a boyfriend who appears to have moved in and requires the alarm set even earlier. This morning for example....

5.50, alarm goes for 5 minutes, I get up.

6.00, alarm goes for 5 minutes

6.10 alarm goes for 5 minutes

6.20, alarm goes for 5 minutes, I hear wife launching herself at wall, banging and screaming abuse at them.

6.30, alarm goes off for 5 minutes

6.40, alarm goes off for 5 minutes, he leaves soon after.

7.05, alarm goes for 5 minutes

7.20, alarm goes for 1 minute, her and her daughter come out fully clothed seconds later.

Don,t suggest that we complain to the council cos we have done and their as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike! It seems their noise manual doesn,t have an alarm clock section in it!!!!!!

Then it must go both ways,they must be able to hear everything you do,look on the bright side,at least you dont have to invest in an alarm clock:)

Nelly Terraces

She sounds a totally selfish barst.

My advice:

Go round her gaff. Armed with a baseball bat. Tell her you've come to fix her alarm. When she tells you it doesn't need fixed, just push her out the road, and tell her it will need fixing in about 30 seconds. If she tries to stop you, remember, you have a baseball bat in your hand, and self defence isn't a crime.

Cheers.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

I reckon you should make 'inappropriate noises' each morning. They'll soon get the message.

Doctor FinnBarr
I reckon you should make 'inappropriate noises' each morning. They'll soon get the message.

Any sort in particular?

;)

Funnily enough there are no laws against the use of alarm clocks! I would suggest battering on the wall in anger when their alarm goes off isn't the best way to resolve the problem. You could try talking to them civilly and tell them it is bothering you. If they are decent people they will try and do something about it. If not, you could try shifting your bed to the other side of the room, or even earplugs.

Walter Payton
Still say 'baseball bat/alrm clock interface' is best option. Problem solved in oner.

Agree entirely Nelly. Having followed the appropriate flowcharts and problem resolution procedures, it's clear the only real alternative of burning the house down isn't really an option because it's a terraced house. Only question remaning- Old school wooden bat or do you go for one of the aluminium ones?

Doctor FinnBarr
Funnily enough there are no laws against the use of alarm clocks! I would suggest battering on the wall in anger when their alarm goes off isn't the best way to resolve the problem. You could try talking to them civilly and tell them it is bothering you. If they are decent people they will try and do something about it. If not, you could try shifting your bed to the other side of the room, or even earplugs.

Tried talking to them,no use.

Decent people, drug taking **** more like, thats why they sleep thro it.

Earplugs, can,t wear em.

Move the bed pointless, their alarm can be heard in EVERY room in the house (honestly).

Wife doesn,t work Mondays so shes fast asleep in the chair just now trying to catch up, and I,ve got the day off. No chance of getting to play hide the sausage the mood shes in!

Archived